Who's playing Pokemon Go?

InvertMouse

Currently level 20 on this game and #1 in 7 gyms. I found myself playing the game more than I want to and me and my husband found ourselves being in bars way more often than we should.... Almost all businesses where I live have Lure Modules active because it brings in customer traffic. 

The game is pretty fun and I guess exercise is nice when we are going to places we never usually go to and trying to restock some pokeballs (Ultra balls in my case). 

37 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

Damn, meanwhile I'm level 5 and I can finally fight at the only gym nearby... which has 700 and 500 cp pokemon, so I can't even train my pokemon because I apparently need to beat them :komari:

Not even close :Teeku:

You train your pokemons with dope :Teeku:

Pour some chemicals onto poke-cookies and feed it to em :Teeku:

Likei n real life! :mare:

1 hour ago, Hakuoro said:

I forgot dexterity in my mother's womb, Zubats are so hard to catch T-T

Seriously. Everything else is cool fine. Zubats are my kryptonite.

1 hour ago, CeruleanGamer said:

No worries. I don't even train my pokemon. I just get drunk, pop an incense and lures and all the pokemon come running to me. 

Pretty much. As you level up, you start catching stronger stuff. So you should really be optimizing for leveling up yourself, rather than leveling up your pokemon. Best way to level up yourself is to catch a variety of stuff (incense + lure = win), and especially to evolve Pokemon (gives lots of XP and is actually repeatable). So, for instance, Pidgeys are great because you can evolve them on the cheap.

Btw, anyone attempting GPS spoofing? I heard they only soft temp ban you if you get caught and it depends on how far you GPS spoofed (If you GPS spoofed 2 blocks away from your location, you get like a 5 minute ban, :wahaha: )

Maybe you can do this Flutterz if you know how to jailbreak and mask your GPS spoofing. 

So I was playing with Bluestacks today on this game (no jailbreak required and works for iOS and Android, just search it on youtube). Put my character on Disney World where there are a ton of variety pokemon and pokestops (like over 50 of them in there!) Holy shit, this game is so fun when you are not limited by location. Just make sure not to "teleport" your character into unrealistic distances while the game is up, otherwise you get a temp ban. 

Hopefully, this is a solution for those living in a rural area, areas where the game isn't out yet, or you are unable to walk long distances or at all. If you are an able bodied person, please still go out there and capture some pokemons. The summer is always nice and people wear less clothing which is always an eye candy. :holo: 

To answer thread title, not (At least not yet). But my younger brother play it and right now he was at level 9 trainer right now. By the way, in Indonesia this game was become quite popular, at least there was some post about it in both of Kaskus and 1CAK (For non Indonesian user, Kaskus was sort like Reddit out there, and 1CAK format was very alike to 9GAG).

There was also many meme about this, especially there was some saying that there was some taxi was used to play Pokemon Go, and the driver was like confused when the player was paid the cost properly for aimless driving. In short, it was became interesting talk for Indonesian user here.

PS - There's also some Youtube video out there that describe of how Indonesian user hunt some Pokemon out there.

No big deal for me because I was sleeping while this was happening :wahaha: 

Anyways, currently level 23 and took down several gyms today. I work at a pokemon Gym location (I work at the Hancock Building in Chicago) and seems to be the battleground of all the people going downtown.... Anyone who claims the gym dont keep it for more than 3 mins because there are Gym battles all the time.

I farm like 10k EXP every 5-6 hours because winning gym battles give like 250-350 exp.

I did a couple of gym battles today for the first time. I won both of them, but:

1) I don't understand how the combat works at all. All I figured out was dodging and tapping the other dude to spam a regular attack. How do I use special moves?
2) I think there were three Team Mystic hanging around the gym and just me (Team Valor, of course) successfully attacking, so they were able to build it up faster than I could knock it down :komari:

The XP is fantastic, though, you're right about that. Will definitely go do some more gym battles early tomorrow morning, while all the other pokenerds are still asleep.

Also, I used to live like two blocks from the Hancock building, two blocks up Chestnut in one of the condo buildings on Lake Shore: My older brother's old place, where I stayed for a couple of summers while interning at his company. Chicago's a great city, and that's a really fun area of it.

City sucks balls for hunting rare pokemon though.... Drowzee and Rattata galore. lol

I have to go closer to the lake or forest areas to catch worthwhile stuff.

Although this is happening later today:

http://wgntv.com/2016/07/12/thousands-rsvp-to-attend-pokemon-go-meetup-in-chicago-on-sunday/

If you know how pokemon spawn works from a Niantic developer, they said more people in an area hunting pokemon = more rare pokemon spawning. Imagine what kind of pokemon will show up in the same area filled with thousands of people.

29 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

If you know how pokemon spawn works from a Niantic developer, they said more people in an area hunting pokemon = more rare pokemon spawning. Imagine what kind of pokemon will show up in the same area filled with thousands of people.

Screw that, lots of people is the opposite of what I want when hunting pokemon :vinty:

Had to spend 40 pokeballs today catching a pidgeoto, he deflected all of them and of the ones that hit he escaped from like 9 before I finally caught him. Well worth it though, he's by far my strongest at 570.

Pro tip = run away after pokemon escapes from ball twice. It should still be on the map for you to encounter again and it resets their position so you dont have to throw the ball as hard.

Also got this Lapras this morning while hatching my 10.0 km egg. My strongest pokemon by far! I need 6 more Lapras candies to put this baby to 2,000+ cp range.

W6ikgzO.jpg

On 2016/7/19 at 1:24 PM, FruitsPunchSamurai said:

Just started to play the game today. Is it good that i caught a porygon as my 3rd pokemon?

Totally. I've never even seen one on the RADAR. Congrats!

Level 20 here and due to leave for a mission trip to NYC...hoping to take advantage of those urban benefits I've heard so much about. :makina:

• 2 weeks later...