Discussion about Key

pb08

Interesting comment on steam discussion:

Interesting theory.

But didn't Ushio grant Tomoya's wish in the main game with the light orbs that he shared with Nagisa. So, if he never met Nagisa, he could not use the light orbs because Akio never told him about how special this town is and how the trees saved Nagisa when she was a baby.

In other words he would continue his life without even knowing about light orbs. Oh and light orbs only exist in Hikarizaka and

the Illusionary World.

So even if Tomoyo helped people over the internet maybe it doesn't count since the person isn't from the town or the person needs to be right next to you (close by) for it to count.

I hope you like my theory.

Opnions?

In some games, reflecting on the mechanics behind the plot feels necessary to bring the game to further heights, like in Steins;Gate (if it hadn't used so much time explaining time travel and its intricacies, it would have been an inferior product, in my opinion), but in Key's case, it's not.

Likewise, in Zero Escape, I think minimum consistency is achieved, but still there are some things explained "because morphogenetic field" or something. And well, as far as I know the Many Worlds Interpretation hasn't been succesfully proven, so building games on that premise is hit or miss, from the point of consistency, but still good games can come from it. It would certainly be funny if in the future Steins;Gate and Zero Escape are refuted, and funnier still if they're proven to be right, but they have a lot of time to enjoy before it happens.

57 minutes ago, Okarin said:

In some games, reflecting on the mechanics behind the plot feels necessary to bring the game to further heights, like in Steins;Gate (if it hadn't used so much time explaining time travel and its intricacies, it would have been an inferior product, in my opinion), but in Key's case, it's not.

Likewise, in Zero Escape, I think minimum consistency is achieved, but still there are some things explained "because morphogenetic field" or something. And well, as far as I know the Many Worlds Interpretation hasn't been succesfully proven, so building games on that premise is hit or miss, from the point of consistency, but still good games can come from it. It would certainly be funny if in the future Steins;Gate and Zero Escape are refuted, and funnier still if they're proven to be right, but they have a lot of time to enjoy before it happens.

Little busters i agree but on clannad and kanon i dont , on lb i had foreshadowing about the "magic" but on the others it was more of a hand wave then anything else.It cause strange things like

light orbs exist on clannad and not on tomoyo after , where it also should exist but it is never used ,  at least a outside of the game explanation of mechanics would be good

But as I said, in Kanon it isn't the point.

Ayu is saved and so long folks, joy and rejoice (I take Ayu's example as the most prominent, but it could also be Shiori or another). The impact lies in scenes such as the one searching for the doll (done superbly in the 2006 anime), or in the vision at the tree stump, when Yuuichi regains its memories. Nothing more, nothing less.

Clannad I haven't played, sadly.

Just now, Okarin said:

But as I said, in Kanon it isn't the point.

Reveal hidden contents

Ayu is saved and so long folks, joy and rejoice (I take Ayu's example as the most prominent, but it could also be Shiori or another). The impact lies in scenes such as the one searching for the doll (done superbly in the 2006 anime), or in the vision at the tree stump, when Yuuichi regains its memories. Nothing more, nothing less.

Clannad I haven't played, sadly.

I understand but it pass the impression of hand waving or lazy writing even so i like all this games so...

We don't have to forget that Kanon is a nakige, not an utsuge, so it pretty much needs a happy ending. Maybe the game could be better with a more harsh ending, I don't know (and I doubt it). In a way, after so much distress, the happy endings feel forced, because indeed they are achieved by deus ex machina. But that's the concept of a good-neutral-bad ending. If you want an enforced bad ending made by Key, you have Planetarian (that feels different, because it hasn't Maeda around).

Just now, Okarin said:

We don't have to forget that Kanon is a nakige, not an utsuge, so it pretty much needs a happy ending. Maybe the game could be better with a more harsh ending, I don't know (and I doubt it). In a way, after so much distress, the happy endings feel forced, because indeed they are achieved by deus ex machina. But that's the concept of a good-neutral-bad ending. If you want an enforced bad ending made by Key, you have Planetarian (that feels different, because it hasn't Maeda around).

or from what i heard tomoyo after , I dont read games with only bad endings, my problem isnt with the ending but with no explanation or foreshadowing