• Akane's childhood friend and also rival, Yves Elaine Austin
  2. 2. Best Koiken Otome route

• Girl with wind power and hold rapier, Yves Elaine Austin
    • Katana and ice power user, Kamishiro Touko
    • Supposed powerless girl, Someya Yuzu
    • Using greatsword and had fire power, Yasukuni Akane

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, Rooke said:

Only if your dictionary is written by an illiterate with a font called 'stupid'.

Well, it's a wikipedia level definition. So yeah, you shouldn't use it in school :Keepo:

Selling out is a common idiomatic pejorative expression for the compromising of a person's integrity, morality, authenticity, or principles in exchange for personal gain, such as money. ex. Kevin Durant became a sell out when he left OKC to play for Golden State in 2016 [1] In terms of music or art, selling out is associated with attempts to tailor material to a mainstream or commercial audience; for example, a musician who alters his material to encompass a wider audience, and in turn generates greater revenue, may be labeled by fans who pre-date the change as a sellout.

14 minutes ago, Rooke said:

The translators themselves get paid, and the localisers do a lot of work negotiating and spend a fair amount of coin licensing the game to allow those translators to get paid. The translators are free to negotiate with the Japanese developers and buy the license themselves if they feel they can do better.

So the fantranslators who translated the game previously got paid? How much? Hope it's not peanuts. 

1 minute ago, CeruleanGamer said:

So the fantranslators who translated the game previous got paid? How much? Hope it's not peanuts. 

Any translation Sekai uses they buy from the fan-translators, and the rumour is they pay them decently. Dovac recently tweeted he made a loss in one of his games because he insisted on paying the fan-translators a respectful amount of dough. Which in the VN industry is still pretty bad, but a lot better than translators used to get paid. New MangaGamer also pays translators quite well, although old MangaGamer couldn't afford to pay translators well at all. 

2 minutes ago, Ningen said:

Well, it's a wikipedia level definition. 

The wikipedia definition is different to your paraphrasing. A person sells out when they trade their personal ethics or morals for personal advancement. Fan translators however, on the whole, from what I can tell, historically tried to encourage their readers to purchase the original copy of the game. It's why so many of them are very willing to make deals with localisers, they WANT to support the original developers.

If this was the case with Dovac, then I don't see how him launching a Localisation business is any evidence of 'selling out'. If you use the phrase as a buzzword to describe behaviour you don't agree with, you'll dilute the power of the phrase.

18 minutes ago, Rooke said:

The wikipedia definition is different to your paraphrasing. A person sells out when they trade their personal ethics or morals for personal advancement. Fan translators however, on the whole, from what I can tell, historically tried to encourage their readers to purchase the original copy of the game. It's why so many of them are very willing to make deals with localisers, they WANT to support the original developers.

You have to read the whole quote, you can't just leave out the parts you don't like.

a musician who alters his material to encompass a wider audience, and in turn generates greater revenue, may be labeled by fans who pre-date the change as a sellout.

You know, like releasing all ages versions for the retarded steam community instead of an uncut R18 version for real fans and so on.

Also i think most fantranslaters say to stop distributing their stuff after licensing to protect themselves and not because they care about the western market.

By the way, is there something like godwins law for fuwanovel where at some points every discussion becomes a Sekai Project hate thread? 

to get somewhat back on topic, I liked Koiken Otome.

9 minutes ago, Ningen said:

You have to read the whole quote, you can't just leave out the parts you don't like.

You know, like releasing all ages versions for the retarded steam community instead of an uncut R18 version for real fans and so on.

You miss the intention of that quote. Music is considered by some as an expression of the soul. If a musician alters who they are and their music in a way as to be inconsistent with their former beliefs then yes, they're a sell out. There was a well known female artist who changed from thoughtful and intellectual ballads to sing a generic pop song, it was incredibly successful and she was labelled a sell out. She stated it was for parody reasons ( I can't remember her name. Was it Faith? No ...) . That being said, there are plenty of musicians who alter their style to chase a wider audience that AREN'T considered sell outs. For example, musicians who were always chasing what was popular in the first place.

That's why Wikipedia used non-absolute terms like 'may' or 'associated', because whether they're considered a sell out depends on the specifics of the case. Stick with the first sentence, it's the most accurate one there.

This is definitely not considered a sell out. Betraying fans isn't selling out because fans could have held values completely inconsistent with the person in question. To call out someone for 'selling out' beliefs that person never held is, quite frankly, inane.

By the way, is there something like godwins law for fuwanovel where at some points every discussion becomes a Sekai Project hate thread? 

There should be :) 

5 hours ago, CeruleanGamer said:

No, I just hate assholes trying to make a profit out of other people's hard work translation that was made available to the public for free. SP did this with some titles already. 

These companies pick up translations that these people were working on for free and all of a sudden compensate them for their work. What assholes.

6 hours ago, CeruleanGamer said:

No, I just hate assholes trying to make a profit out of other people's hard work translation that was made available to the public for free. SP did this with some titles already. 

I was referring to Flying Pantsu and their "pirate everything, fuck everyone else" stance.

6 hours ago, CeruleanGamer said:

The nature of contracts and NDAs prevent us from knowing the exact amount, naturally. But yes, the fan translators have always gotten paid, and SP pays better than most. SP isn't the only company to have ever done this, by the way. In fact, just at this year's anime expo alone, MangaGamer picked up the Hadaka Shitsuji fan TL and JAST picked up the Katahane TL! MG picked up ef in the past, as well as many in-progress translations such as Cartagra, and JAST has picked up Saya no Uta post-release as well as more in-progress translations like Seinarukana and Steins;Gate.

edit: Accidental double post, sorry.

On 7/6/2016 at 8:23 AM, littleshogun said:

The title said it all, and right now it was only 0.58% left for QC. Koiken Otome as we knew was had some sort of chuunige premise, although from some review that I read it was just moege with some chuunige element here.

Like Dracu-Riot?

I might actually give a damn then.

Final update: Due to the amount of hate comments that have came in (and been deleted) surrounding our delay of OUR patch I have decided to not only disable comments but to also stop giving out updates. The amount of conceited people that think our project revolves around them is disgusting. Apparently no updates are better than updates. Apologies for wasting my own time trying to keep you all in the loop while we do what we think is best for OUR patch. We’re the ones who have wasted 3 years of our lives on such a shit community.

What the fuck is wrong with people? Is it seriously that fucking difficult to not act entitled to shit? To not whine and bitch immediately? To be patient? I honestly don't blame them for going silent, when every comment is "lol so patch when?" "Omg another delay? Y can't u just use old patch" "wow I've been waiting so long pls hurry" it's honestly retarded. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't release anything now.

Bunch of stupid kids that shouldn't even be playing these games probably. I just  sit back watch and wait. I get frustrated when things get pushed back, but I am not going to flip out about it and be a dick to others. Thank you for all the hard work you guys have done. I look forward to your release.

45 minutes ago, TheFantasm said:

What the fuck is wrong with people? Is it seriously that fucking difficult to not act entitled to shit? To not whine and bitch immediately? To be patient? I honestly don't blame them for going silent, when every comment is "lol so patch when?" "Omg another delay? Y can't u just use old patch" "wow I've been waiting so long pls hurry" it's honestly retarded. Wouldn't be surprised if they didn't release anything now.

You think the entitlement is bad there? You should look at the update for KoiSaku. The entitlement in that comment section is painful to look at.

I think both of SakuSaku and this was still nothing compared back when Majikoi translation project happening here. From what I recall, there's many thing going on, and what I recall is 'Merry Christmas' incident, when there's a rumor in regard of disappeared hacker will be back on Christmas. At that time, there's many comment flooded the thread before finally the thread was cut from 37 pages (Really) to only 1 page and only allowed for the update.

Back to the topic, okay, I understand if the staff was annoyed with many stupid word like that, and they decided to delete their recent page. Well, at least they didn't pull Aokana here by deleting all update before. But still I think just disable comment should be enough here (I think). Oh, and I'd also read one comment that made me facepalm, and the comment goes like 'But it's so much fun to refresh the page'. I think I had no more comment here other than just like Rooke said, maybe they commented to curing their boredom there.

PS - Maybe I'll should call this incident as 'Merry Christmas' incident for any case like this in the future, just to remind that it's the first happening with Majikoi and the time was around Christmas. Note that I'm using quotation, to be not confused with real Merry Christmas here.

I can empathize for the team - but really it's par for the course. I mean, just look at pretty much any other project ever - eager people will be eager, often times taken too far, or with a utter lack of consideration/gratitude~

Another really good example of entitlement? Most Steam forums. :sachi:

Something that should be considered though, is that the noisiest, rudest ones are often the lurkers that never say anything any other time of the year.

People do all sorts of stupid shit when they are bored and getting impatient, but it's not worth deleting a whole section for it. You could have simply stop comments from coming in.

All you're doing it making them do even more stupid shit like DDoSing your website or spamming your mailbox if you do that. 

2 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

You think the entitlement is bad there? You should look at the update for KoiSaku.

Yeah i checked it out a few days ago, it was horrible man. I felt sad for the translators. The best part is chuee and akerou were still communicating with all the people hating on them and giving them respectful responses and asking for constructive feedback. Akerou even apologizes for not being able to mention it due to the contract they signed. It's pretty great of them to behave with such class. 

Its sad that people can't just patiently wait for translations and just go about their lives till its out. Peacefully. If they manage to get paid for it, they community should be happy for these guys. Its a lot of hard work and determination to complete these projects for free [you don't need to be a Vn veteran to understand that].

It's difficult to wrap my mind around how people can hate on others for FREE things. FREE THINGS.

They say things like "We've supported you for so long" and "We waited for so long". I say so what? all you're doing is typing a few sentences on your keyboard to offer words of 'support' . Is that really so troublesome and difficult that you need to be compensated for your oh so minimal effort with a speedy and free release? If you're wishing someone well and supporting them, just so you can get something in return. Might as well not do it at all, because it means nothing that way.

Well translators aren't exactly innocent here. The moment you put that 99.84% progress or whatever, you already lured the impatient bastards out of their cage to troll you hard. You could have maybe lied a bit and told them it's like around 75% or something so they aren't on the edge. Disclosing that you are super mega close to being done, most people would be extremely ecstatic about it. It's human nature.

4 hours ago, TheFantasm said:

Final update: Due to the amount of hate comments that have came in (and been deleted) surrounding our delay of OUR patch I have decided to not only disable comments but to also stop giving out updates. The amount of conceited people that think our project revolves around them is disgusting. Apparently no updates are better than updates. Apologies for wasting my own time trying to keep you all in the loop while we do what we think is best for OUR patch. We’re the ones who have wasted 3 years of our lives on such a shit community.

Where did you find that information? I can't find it on their website.