• MC childhood friend, Someya Yuzu
    • Akane's childhood friend and also rival, Yves Elaine Austin
  2. 2. Best Koiken Otome route

• Girl with wind power and hold rapier, Yves Elaine Austin
    • Katana and ice power user, Kamishiro Touko
    • Supposed powerless girl, Someya Yuzu
    • Using greatsword and had fire power, Yasukuni Akane

This poll is closed to new votes

I know like this is out of topic question and more to like file related but I have 1 problem..the ONLY problem..and I would reeeeaaally appreciate it if someone helped me..can someone give data2.pack and data3.pack files from your Koiken Otome Game Data folder? Please..I tried to download multiple times the 4gb rar file and it keeps getting corrupted..PLEASE..FOR THE LOVE OF ALL EROGE..HELP ME ! TwT

On 7/29/2016 at 2:22 AM, Eclipsed said:

Ngl, I just had a derp moment and was like, "Oh shit, her name's Suzu? Crap, I didn't even notic-"

Went and editted the name on the Koiky Walkthrough

Then remembered all the flak the TL got for overusing Yuzu even when she doesn't Yuzu herself and so I was like WAITTTT A MINUTE!!!1

I retroactively really appreciate how you immediately thought to have fucked up first, rather than expecting me to have made a mistake.

Thx bb <3

I finally finished Koiken Otome. Overall, it was a pretty solid school-life moege. Not exactly groundbreaking, but still a nice heart-warming cuddle VN.

The VN had a bit of a Harry Potter feeling. All the characters are in a special school for 'douryoku' (aka magic) users, and fight each other and other schools in small teams in a Japanese highschool version of a gladiator-arena ^_^. Sounds actually more exiting as it actually was, since the story could get rather tedious from time to time. IMHO, the VN didn’t do itself a favor by limiting the protagonist to a semi-passive supporter with his ‘special talents’.

On the other hand, most of the characters were rather likable, not just the main heroines but also some of the side characters. It also had several (drawn) male characters who didn’t even all belong to the idiot friend trope. And that’s actually a lot more remarkable than it should :amane:. Four of the main heroines had their own route with some light drama and several rather decent H-scenes. It was a bit surprising that Chiharu didn’t have a route though, considering that she was one of the most funny characters. Comedy wasn’t the best I’ve read, but it did certainly have its moments.

Spoiler

838v7nzo.jpg

The VN had also pretty polished visuals although the soundtrack could have been certainly better. And although the story was nothing to write home about, it also didn’t do anything particularly wrong, considering what it wanted to be. And that’s actually not something I can say about many of the VN’s I did play this year.

Heroine ratings: Nao > Touko > Chiharu > Austin > Akane > Rei > Suzu > rest

Overall rating: 7 / 10

Overall, a pretty save read for someone who wants just a simple feel-good moege with decent art and ero and without any serious drama. Not something I’d advice for someone who wants an interesting story though.

6 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

I finally finished Koiken Otome. Overall, it was a pretty solid school-life moege. Not exactly groundbreaking, but still a nice heart-warming cuddle VN.

The VN had a bit of a Harry Potter feeling. All the characters are in a special school for 'douryoku' (aka magic) users, and fight each other and other schools in small teams in a Japanese highschool version of a gladiator-arena ^_^. Sounds actually more exiting as it actually was, since the story could get rather tedious from time to time. IMHO, the VN didn’t do itself a favor by limiting the protagonist to a semi-passive supporter with his ‘special talents’.

On the other hand, most of the characters were rather likable, not just the main heroines but also some of the side characters. It also had several (drawn) male characters who didn’t even all belong to the idiot friend trope. And that’s actually a lot more remarkable than it should. :amane: Four of the main heroines had their own route with some light drama and several rather decent H-scenes. It was a bit surprising that Chiharu didn’t have a route though, considering that she was one of the most funny characters. Comedy wasn’t the best I’ve read, but it did certainly have its moments.

Reveal hidden contents

838v7nzo.jpg

The VN had also pretty polished visuals although the soundtrack could have been certainly better. And although the story was nothing to write home about, it also didn’t do anything particularly wrong, considering what it wanted to be. And that’s actually not something I can say about many of the VN’s I did play this year.

Heroine ratings: Nao > Touko > Chiharu > Austin > Akane > Rei > Suzu > rest

Overall rating: 7 / 10

Overall, a pretty save read for someone who wants just a simple feel-good moege with decent art and ero and without any serious drama. Not something I’d advice for someone who wants an interesting story though.

If you liked the supportive cast, like Minato and Chiharu, you should definitely give the fandisk a try. I haven't played the grand route in that one yet, but the new heroine routes are very entertaining. (Chiyoda is just priceless.)

Also, I think the grand route in the fandisk actually has a bit more meat to its story, (though don't quote me on that, as I have not yet had a chance to play that route, like I said.)

1 minute ago, Dergonu said:

If you liked the supportive cast, like Minato and Chiharu, you should definitely give the fandisk a try. I haven't played the grand route in that one yet, but the new heroine routes are very entertaining. (Chiyoda is just priceless.)

Also, I think the grand route in the fandisk actually has a bit more meat its story, (though don't quote me on that, as I have not yet had a chance to play that route, like I said.)

Yeah, Chiyoda was quite the quirky one. It's a petty that she didn't get more screen time.

I was actually thinking about the fan disc since Chiharu has a route there, but my VN schedule for the rest of this year is pretty much already fixed. Might be something for next year though, since technically Koiken Otome is a knight girl VN, and I have a bit of a weakness for those. And Koiken was certainly a lot better than Seikishi Melty ☆ Lovers.

37 minutes ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

So is this VN any good? I would definitely like to try this out sometime.

My opinion is that it is definitely worth a try. You will get a general feel for the game after the common route, and you can decide then whether or not you want to continue. ChaosRaven's little review above sums up how the game is pretty well tbh. It's a very nice little moege-like game, with some cool battle segments on the side, a fun and interesting cast with some pretty decent heroines. Worth a shot.

1 hour ago, UnlimitedMoeWorks said:

So is this VN any good? I would definitely like to try this out sometime.

Yeah it's a pretty good vn overall, it's light and fun with some cool battles and effects that work to enhance the experience of said battle segments. As far as the heroines go they're all good in my book and the side characters are decent enough as well.

If you like moe-like stuff with some action and pretty art  I'd say give a try and then decide if you want to keep playing it or not.

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/07/2016 at 3:04 PM, Dergonu said:

A few of the things you point out as negative do repeat themselves in most of the routes, so it's something you'll have to manage if you are going to read the rest. 

Hide contents

Mainly the misunderstandings/ simple drama, jealousy and the feeling that everyone loves Ooba even though he is in a relationship. Well, everyone except Chiharu. She loves the girl he is dating instead. 

That being said, the drama tends to be solved quickly and the routes themselves all offer unique aspects, so it won't be the exact same situation over and over. 

Yves' route just gets better and better the further in you get in my opinion. About the amplification power that Ooba has, it is just like any other ability in the game, which means depending on his emotional state / stamina, the power will be weaker. It's something they cover in several of the routes; he simply won't be able to boost everyone the same amount because of the setting / how he is feeling in that situation. A simple distraction can weaken the boost, him being in pain can weaken it, or possibly boost it if he is in a real pinch. It's quite hard to control. 

This game has a very very bad case of getting better as we go through...

As should be evident by the time stamp, I dropped the game during Yves' route. Only today did I finish it, and it wasn't that bad. Fairly sweet, in fact.

Once again, I'll merit the translation. These guys went bananas whenever they felt like it, and that's great! Spiced up the translation and made some great one liners. Can't even tell what's TL original and what's not [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

e2GJgoN.png

Also, pretty cute.

Haven't read any H-Scenes thus far, though. It would seem these VNs' are not to my taste. Which is a shame, because if there's something it's not lacking in, is H-Scene frequency.

Somewhat average route, to be honest. Friendship scenes a bit too corny. Dramatic scenes a bit too melodramatic. These seem to be characteristics I am to expect from this VN.

I have decided to alter the route order to Touko > Yuzu > Akane. As if I don't get something to truly compel me, I doubt I'll be able to continue without dropping it again.

38 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

This game has a very very bad case of getting better as we go through...

As should be evident by the time stamp, I dropped the game during Yves' route. Only today did I finish it, and it wasn't that bad. Fairly sweet, in fact.

Once again, I'll merit the translation. These guys went bananas whenever they felt like it, and that's great! Spiced up the translation and made some great one liners. Can't even tell what's TL original and what's not [SPOILERS]:

Reveal hidden contents

e2GJgoN.png

Also, pretty cute.

Haven't read any H-Scenes thus far, though. It would seem these VNs' are not to my taste. Which is a shame, because if there's something it's not lacking in, is H-Scene frequency.

Somewhat average route, to be honest. Friendship scenes a bit too corny. Dramatic scenes a bit too melodramatic. These seem to be characteristics I am to expect from this VN.

I have decided to alter the route order to Touko > Yuzu > Akane. As if I don't get something to truly compel me, I doubt I'll be able to continue without dropping it again.

I loved Yves' route. :sacchan: (Huh. If you skipped her H-scenes, you missed something quite amusing :wahaha: Though, I guess they do talk about that in the standard dialogue too, so maybe not. You'll know what it is if they did.) I did find the H-scene frquency a bit over the top myself too, but they were pretty nice overall, so I enjoyed it nonetheless. ( :illya: ) This type of VN is honestly right up my alley. (It seems I really like average stuff, for some reason. My taste is quite strange. It's great though, because it means I honestly just enjoy most things and never really get dissapointed in VNs. Lol.)   

Anyways, good luck, I hope you don't drop the rest. It is a pretty nice read overall in my opinion. Maybe Touko's dere is what you need to fall in love with this VN.

17 hours ago, Dergonu said:

I loved Yves' route. :sacchan: (Huh. If you skipped her H-scenes, you missed something quite amusing :wahaha: Though, I guess they do talk about that in the standard dialogue too, so maybe not. You'll know what it is if they did.) I did find the H-scene frquency a bit over the top myself too, but they were pretty nice overall, so I enjoyed it nonetheless. ( :illya: ) This type of VN is honestly right up my alley. (It seems I really like average stuff, for some reason. My taste is quite strange. It's great though, because it means I honestly just enjoy most things and never really get dissapointed in VNs. Lol.)   

Anyways, good luck, I hope you don't drop the rest. It is a pretty nice read overall in my opinion. Maybe Touko's dere is what you need to fall in love with this VN.

I'm not entirely sure what it is you're talking about. Allow me to speculate based on Yves' route:

Spoiler

May I presume it's the scene where she got restrained by the plants?

However, I can agree that, generally speaking, I quite like average stuff too, and that allows me to enjoy a wider array of VNs.
The issue with this one lies, as I've said previously, in the fact that I find it too melodramatic and too... "harem" for a Visual Novel. Those really are its main defects. I don't mind bad drama; I do mind drama born out of issues I find stupid, which leads to me getting some sort of weird second hand embarrassment, and skipping a handful of scenes -- eventually reaching a point where I stop reading altogether,

In short, my tolerance lies in the fact that I don't mind a lot of stuff other people dislike, but I have certain buttons that shouldn't be pressed.

To exemplify, Touko's route, which I've just started:

Spoiler

After they start dating (a scene I rather liked), Touko acts like usual (which I expected and liked), but Seiichi overreacts to an unsavoury degree, I get embarrassed (or was afraid things would go wrong, that's a factor too), and just skip it. Then, depending on the scene, I might just read it in the backlog, backwards from the ending to the start of the scene, so it holds a reduced impact and doesn't repulse me.

The more scenes like these a VN had, the harder it is for me to read it, which may cause me to drop it. It doesn't even mean I don't like it, and that's the worst part!

Take a gander at these two anime:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2166/Doujin_Work
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28677/Yamada-kun_to_7-nin_no_Majo_TV

I liked both of them, but found myself unable to watch them due to heavy dosages what I can only classify as some form of second hand embarrassment. It's like I feel bad for the characters, or fear for what could go wrong, and then just skip it.

Highly subjective, and highly annoying, makes me fail to enjoy many scenes I would otherwise have.

Judgement's still out on this one, but I really hope I won't mind the rest of it.

1 hour ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Hide contents

After they start dating (a scene I rather liked), Touko acts like usual (which I expected and liked), but Seiichi overreacts to an unsavoury degree, I get embarrassed (or was afraid things would go wrong, that's a factor too), and just skip it. Then, depending on the scene, I might just read it in the backlog, backwards from the ending to the start of the scene, so it holds a reduced impact and doesn't repulse me.

If you skipped the first date, you actually skipped the most well written character establishing scene in the entire VN.

1 hour ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I'm not entirely sure what it is you're talking about. Allow me to speculate based on Yves' route:

Reveal hidden contents

May I presume it's the scene where she got restrained by the plants?

However, I can agree that, generally speaking, I quite like average stuff too, and that allows me to enjoy a wider array of VNs.
The issue with this one lies, as I've said previously, in the fact that I find it too melodramatic and too... "harem" for a Visual Novel. Those really are its main defects. I don't mind bad drama; I do mind drama born out of issues I find stupid, which leads to me getting some sort of weird second hand embarrassment, and skipping a handful of scenes -- eventually reaching a point where I stop reading altogether,

In short, my tolerance lies in the fact that I don't mind a lot of stuff other people dislike, but I have certain buttons that shouldn't be pressed.

Reveal hidden contents

The more scenes like these a VN had, the harder it is for me to read it, which may cause me to drop it. It doesn't even mean I don't like it, and that's the worst part!

Take a gander at these two anime:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2166/Doujin_Work
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28677/Yamada-kun_to_7-nin_no_Majo_TV

I liked both of them, but found myself unable to watch them due to heavy dosages what I can only classify as some form of second hand embarrassment. It's like I feel bad for the characters, or fear for what could go wrong, and then just skip it.

Highly subjective, and highly annoying, makes me fail to enjoy many scenes I would otherwise have.

Judgement's still out on this one, but I really hope I won't mind the rest of it.

Nah, not that scene. I was refering to the first H-scene.

Spoiler

The first time they do it, the MC ties her up and they do it in a rather kinky way for it to be their first time. The whole scene was rather funny, though Yves' reaction later, when she realizes that isn't how you are "supposed" to do it was quite hilarious.

Yamada-kun and the seven witches is actually among my favorite anime ever. :P 

I get what you mean though. That is a rather annoying feeling, but in stories as light-hearted as these, I always know it pretty much won't actually end badly, so I just stomach that stuff and fight through it, if it annoys me. I did feel like that a couple of times during Koiken Otome as well, but it didn't happen that much.

6 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Nah, not that scene. I was refering to the first H-scene.

Reveal hidden contents

The first time they do it, the MC ties her up and they do it in a rather kinky way for it to be their first time. The whole scene was rather funny, though Yves' reaction later, when she realizes that isn't how you are "supposed" to do it was quite hilarious.

I did indeed notice that. I believe I initially tried to read it, as I tend to, got bored, and skipped all the others shortly after their commencement.

Finished Touko's route. Here are some impressions:

Spoiler

-They overuse Touko's smiling sprites, and are all around bonkers with choosing sprites. Plenty of times people comment on her indifference or lack of expression... except she has a rather expressive sprite during said scenes. I could make the same plaint of her voice acting, but that's to a lesser degree. She sounds reasonably aloof for the better part of the scenes.
Had this little issue been addressed, she would be a much better character. Especially considering one of her route's conflicts is about how she doesn't smile well and has few superficial displays of emotion. This sort of scene just can't have impact if you use and abuse her more emotional sprites.
s7rW3N3.png(overuse of sprite)

Expressionless, huh? More comprehensive of a word than I had previously postulated.

eVUm9ot.png(inexact sprite choice)

Wow, so she's sweating from just under her eyes, huh? Could have fooled me.

FMezFX7.png(erroneous sprite)

Her smile, you mean?

-This is more of a general complaint, but literally everyone but Jin has rosy cheeks. What is this? Doryoku may have some intoxicating properties.
And since Jin is permanently sick, his outer body no longer exhibits external signs of it.

-The "Childhood Friends where one forgot about it" plotpoint is actually pretty well done. A fair number of hints if you know where to look, but otherwise you won't really realise it until it's brought up. And by brought up I mean "hmm... I have this distinct feeling I used to play with someone when I was younger..." -Akane;

-Kamishiro had two powers. A doryoku stealing one and... what? This question never got answered.
Akane, too, must have had two. A fire one and an ice one. Such is the conclusion. And what funny mix that was.

-?!!##&??? We actually see a full-bodied Seiichi?! Face and everything?! 10/10 VN.
Maybe we'd already seen it before. I would not recall at this point.

-To an extent, I enjoyed this route's main theme, specifically, Kamishiro's psychological "damage". People value things differently, and Seiichi's speech that Kamishiro would be unable to overcome her wounds on her own was something I rather liked. Yves had a scene wherein she spewed rubbish about how you're "weak" for standing around crying after your girlfriend breaks up with you and how you're immediately "available". What claptrap. All humans are different, and the same events can and will affect them differently. All you're doing, Ms. Austin, is imposing your own view upon others. Something I suppose you're used to doing, even if it's with the best of intentions. Touko was severely hurt by what she did, even if other people are unable to empathise or so much as comprehend why.
Oh, how abundantly I hate the mere idea of obtruding one's own morals on others.
I might even be hypocritical when I say this, since we so naturally intrude upon others' thoughts.

Overall, a fairly enjoyable experience. Despite the original complaint, I had no real further issues, and thought the route as a whole was good. My main complaint was the choice of sprites (for Kamishiro in particular), and I'd fire the bloke responsible.
Yves was sweeter, I suppose, but that lass does insist on putting her all into everything, if in a different way from Akane. And her route also had way more intolerable moments to 'compensate', I guess.
Excellent route, really. Will doubtlessly move on onto Yuzu. Oh, how I so wish the scientific part of doryoku gets some much lacking exposure.

• 3 months later...

Uh, yeah. I was sort of putting this off but I finished Yuzu's.

Did not enjoy the experience as much. I'm not sure what it was, but I wasn't a fun of their interactions and I'm not a fan of Yuzu's character. That's basically the main "flaw". Got better there towards the end but that's like a tenth of the route.
I wish I could better explain, and I probably could, if I didn't pause right in the middle of the route for over a month and forgot most of what occurred.

Moving onto Akane's. At least this time I like the character.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry if this has been asked, but which should i go first Touko or Akane ? I seen in the walkthrough that Touko's route get spoiled by others, does that mean that to not getting it spoiled i should do Touko before Akane ? Also which routes spoil her ? I might be interested in Yves to...

Edited by Strike105X

1 minute ago, Strike105X said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked, but which should i go first Touko or Akane ? I seen in the walkthrough that Touko's route get spoiled by others, does that mean that to not getting it spoiled i should do Touko before Akane ?

It's a pretty minimal plot point that gets somewhat "spoiled" in other routes. If you really don't want to know outside Touko's own route, you should do hers first. I believe Akane's route touches on said plot point a little, and so if the element of surprise is super important to you, Touko before Akane is probably a good idea.

• 8 months later...
Spoiler

So, i've been reading this and just finished the preliminaries, and it seems the mc is one of my pet peeves. I don't actually mind his personality, and i honestly like the characters and the setting (even though it's not really original at all). I do wonder how they'll make Yves likable enough for me to care reading her route though.

Well about my pet peeve.  2 things i dislike and that is useless protagonists with a superpowered heroine harem, and protagonists with powers which basically just powers up someone else (a support character). Is this the latter? Final scene of the preliminaries kind of hinted towards that.

Edited by Stormwolf

6 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So, i've been reading this and just finished the preliminaries, and it seems the mc is one of my pet peeves. I don't actually mind his personality, and i honestly like the characters and the setting (even though it's not really original at all). I do wonder how they'll make Yves likable enough for me to care reading her route though.

Well about my pet peeve.  2 things i dislike and that is useless protagonists and protagonists with powers which basically just powers up someone else (a support character). Is this the latter? Final scene of the preliminaries kind of hinted towards that.

Spoiler

It is the latter, yes.

This isn't a chuunige, so the focus isn't on the MC being super powerful, but it's instead a moege with some very light chuuni elements, so the focus is more on the MC kissing the girls and powering them up.

Yves' route is actually pretty good in my opinion. I thought the same you do now when I started reading, but she really grew on me. Now she is among my favorite characters in the game.

3 minutes ago, Dergonu said:
  Hide contents

It is the latter, yes.

This isn't a chuunige, so the focus isn't on the MC being super powerful, but it's instead a moege with some very light chuuni elements, so the focus is more on the MC kissing the girls and powering them up.

Yves' route is actually pretty good in my opinion. I thought the same when I started reading, but she really grew on me. Now she is among my favorite characters in the game.

Spoiler

Doesn't have to be one or the other though. The setting is as it is, so it would be perfectly plausible that the protagonist should be able to put in a fight too, but that preliminary was just pathetic. Such a shame :(

Edited by Stormwolf

2 hours ago, Dergonu said:
  Hide contents

Yves' route is actually pretty good in my opinion. I thought the same you do now when I started reading, but she really grew on me. Now she is among my favorite characters in the game.

I guess i better give Yves' route another go, i kind of dropped it off after the start of her route...

2 hours ago, Stormwolf said:
  Hide contents

Doesn't have to be one or the other though. The setting is as it is, so it would be perfectly plausible that the protagonist should be able to put in a fight too, but that preliminary was just pathetic. Such a shame :(

If it helps he does try to be more then just a battery and trains in that regard. Plus even if his not the OP kind his determination and effort put into helping his friends was one of his strong points for me.

On 4/28/2017 at 4:06 PM, Dergonu said:

It's a pretty minimal plot point that gets somewhat "spoiled" in other routes. If you really don't want to know outside Touko's own route, you should do hers first. I believe Akane's route touches on said plot point a little, and so if the element of surprise is super important to you, Touko before Akane is probably a good idea.

Necro-ing a bit here, but I saw that something about Touko's route gets spoiled all over the place as well. All of my motivation to keep reading disappeared almost instantly once I read that. I had gotten partway through Akane's route and didn't want to start over from the end of the common route at the time. Maybe I'll go back and read it again someday, but then again maybe not.