• Akane's childhood friend and also rival, Yves Elaine Austin
  2. 2. Best Koiken Otome route

• Girl with wind power and hold rapier, Yves Elaine Austin
    • Katana and ice power user, Kamishiro Touko
    • Supposed powerless girl, Someya Yuzu
    • Using greatsword and had fire power, Yasukuni Akane

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, wyldstrykr said:

question: is this vn same level as princess evangile, da capo, noble works or something?

In my opinion, that would make Koiken Otome rank around a six if that turns out to be the case. Both Princess Evangile and Noble Works just don't have enough in them for me to continue, but I can't call the bad either. Just... boring? Girls are cute though, and I have not played Da Capo. 

Anyways, it is starting to sound like Koiken Otome is going to be okay at best, which is saddening considering how much effort and time was put into the hype and translation. That being said, I'll probably still play it all the way through because it does have some fantasy elements that hopefully will keep me entertained. 

3 hours ago, wyldstrykr said:

why do they create a torrent/dl link for the patch? it will reduced the sales of the company that make it meaning there will be less vn in the future?

Fantranslators don't care about the companies.

Their disclaimers saying to cease distribution and such after western release are only insurance in case they get busted.

We’ll need a bit to:

• Finalize some lines (two of them).
  • Fix the patcher.
  • Create the patch.
  • Test it to make sure you can get from the start to finish, and that everything has been included (can’t be missing those images for example).
  • Yell at ISP to fix upload speed.
  • Upload the patches to our server.
  • Create the torrents and upload the patches to a file host.
  • And finally to create the post and release the patch to the world!

V1EErVc.gif

That's some quick progress here. Anyway, congratulations to Flying Pantsu for finally manage to give birth their baby after 3 years struggle. I decided to using this thread as Koiken Otome discussion thread, and let me made a poll now.

PS - I'll add character and seiyuu info on my first post here.

Just now, DharmaFreedom said:
  • We have had to split some lines that are voiced. This means that the voice may finish during the first part and the second part will be unvoiced.

The mentioned this, what does it mean? The second part unvoiced? 

Probably that they had to split some lines into two separate dialogue windows i. e. The line continues to a new dialogue window, and almost never do the original lines go past the one designated window, so there was no need to voice a line that spans multiple dialogue windows. Thus the voices stopping at the first part.

You can pack a lot more information in a Japanese sentence. Because of this, it's quite common that English translated lines will be a lot longer, and sometimes this means the line will be too long for the text box.

They then continue that line in a new dialogue box. If you have "cancel voices on mouse click" enabled, you won't hear a voice during that line, despite it being a voiced line. It most likely also won't be possible to replay the voice on that particular line. (But all you have to do is replay the original voiced line, and you hear it all.)

That's all.

1 hour ago, Vorathiel said:

I value your opinion, so please elaborate. What's wrong with this title?

Not enough Yves. :makina:

On a more serious note though there are plenty of problems with the VN from what I've played so far. Currently I'm in Yves's route, haven't played the others yet. Out of the 4 main heroines I only like 2 of them Yves and Yuzu. I'm more or less neutral with Touko and outright despise Akane. God could she be anymore generic and annoying. The main character isn't particularly interesting, pretty generic to be honest and his classmates outright favoritism towards him feels way to forced. They all go on about his courage and him being nice being what makes him so great, but I'm failing to see these points. It looks closer to recklessness and cowardice to me. Just my 2 cents though hopefully he'll develop to be more interesting, but let's not bullshit ourselves on that one. Despite all of my complaining though it's still a fairly enjoyable VN so far and the only segments I've skimmed through so far were some of Akane's parts as she just annoys the hell out of me.

I wish I could vote for the first question only. I need to beat the game 4 times before I can honestly answer the second one. 

Yves and Akane are my two favorite heroines. I never get bored with arrogant girls and Akane is just the cutest lil' tryhard. I honestly wish the other two grabbed my interest, but they just don't. Yuzu's most interesting trait IMO is her name and I never did care for robot girls that weren't from Demonbane. It is very possble this may change when I do get around to their routes, but that is very unlikely. That being said, I like the music in the game, and I remembered that Koiken Otome has my favorite VN UI. Plus, it doesn't lag or the sort, like Princess Evangile.

1 hour ago, Codesterz said:

The main character isn't particularly interesting, pretty generic to be honest and his classmates outright favoritism towards him feels way to forced. 

Sounds like your classic 'self-insert' protagonist. They tend to lack personality so the greatest number of people can insert themselves into his shoes, but it makes for a fairly boring read, which hardly justifies the supposed advantages.

10 minutes ago, Rooke said:

Sounds like your classic 'self-insert' protagonist. They tend to lack personality so the greatest number of people can insert themselves into his shoes, but it makes for a fairly boring read, which hardly justifies the supposed advantages.

Idk 'bout chu, but I love self inserting myself as an SSS ranked powerlevel person who can't actually use his superpowers and is thus ridiculed by the student body minus my squad of grills who will praise me for playing the reckless white knight nice guy in the name of high school justice