AX 2016 Announcements

Arcadeotic

4 minutes ago, Chuee said:

I wouldn't dig too deep into that. The guy asked if the R18 content was included in response to the steam announcement. Could easily just mean there won't be any in the steam version, which is obvious. 

Just keep tweeting them until they grow tired of us, and give us what we want :miyako:

25 minutes ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Not sure how I feel about that, haven't tried anything by Aksys yet, but I've always had a healthy respect for how Xseed does things. Guess we'll see.

might be because xseed has already their hands full at current projects and simply lacked the manpower in doing more. at least it´s not those lazy faggots at NISA, couldnt have been any worse if so.

5 hours ago, pual said:

I wonder if this is by the guy who posted earlier this year. Sekai may end up butchering it T_T

It's by Aroduc, the translator of Romanesque, Kamidori, Seinarukana, Bunny Black, and several other gameplay VNs.

Since the quarterly forum fallout seems to be over now and all companies made their announcements, I guess it's save to post my impressions of the announced titles now.
Order is companies with best announcements first and others last.

Sekai Project:
Some truly spectacular announcements this year again. And they already had some real highlights in the other cons before. I hope they can also translate all those titles in a reasonable time.

Baldr Sky Dive 1 & 2 - Lost Memory and Recordare from Giga
It was clear that such an epic license acquisition could only come from Sekai Project or an independent release. Both titles are apparently huge text monsters so this will probably take a while to translate. Although I'm not the biggest mecha or action fan, I'll definitely give those titles a try.

Boku to Koi Suru Ponkotsu Akuma from Smile
Yay, I wished for it and they licensed it. They get a hug from me for that *Hug*. :wub:
It's so pretty it's a definite must buy. Guess I'll have to create a Denpasoft account for that since a 2 MB Steam version with a 5 GB adult patch would be a bit over the top.

Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki from Palette
A title I had my eyes on for quite a while, mostly because it's from the same company that also made Mashiro Iro Symphony. If this one sells it would be nice to also get Mashiro. Anyway, I certainly get this one too.

A Magical High School Girl
Um, I think I can survive without this one.

MangaGamer:
The releases from MangaGamer have to be taken with a grain of salt since they usually split their big announcements between AX and Otakon. So they still have some aces up their sleeves. The AX annoucements seem to have been made with the clear mindset of 'Something for everyone': Two moeges, an otome game, a BL title and... one of the sickest fetish nukiges ever. :amane:

Dal Segno from Circus
I guess Kouryuu got addicted to Circus titles and since he's finished now with Da Capo 3, he's in urgent need of more from it. I guess this should suffice for the next 2 - 3 years at least? ^_^
Well, joking aside it's nice that they still haven't abandoned all of their old partners with quality titles. Since Da Capo 2 is still one of my most favorite nakiges, I'll most likely getting Dal Segno as well, provided it doesn't turn out as a big flop.

Watashi ga Suki nara "Suki" tte Itte! from ChuableSoft
To be honest, when I heard that ChuableSoft is interested in the western market I actually thought they would bring over Ano Harewataru Sora yori Takaku with the cool red-head Arisa which was fairly popular in Japan. This one however looks rather bland in comparison and I also can't remember seeing it in the Getchu awards or even in the top 50 sales ranking like the other one. Probably not a bad title but I'll most likely pass on it since there's better stuff to play. I would have bought the other one though. :wacko:

Bocchi Musume x Produce Keikaku
Looks like a much smaller otome title than Ozmafia with just two main characters and a more generic story. Art is okay though. Still, I don't think I'll find the time to play this one.

Hadaka Shitsuji
A BL title which already has a fan translation, so nothing new. Apparently more on the fetish side. Looks overall much less impressive that No Thank You and the ratings seem to support that.

Maggot Baits
From a purely 'objective' point of view this is a rather high profile title. From a purely 'subjective' point of view this is *Insert several pages of ranting*. :saber:

Frontwing:

Island from Frontwing
A rather highly rated title from the makers of Himagari. And it's kind of similar in the sense that it looks like boredom incarnate. Sure, it would be a once in a lifetime chance to date 'Pumuckl' but I'm not really into kobolds. Though Karen and Rinne don't look that bad. Haven't decided yet if I'll read it or not, but I it's hardly a must read title for me.

Degica:

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien from Age
Considering that school slice of life and drama were the worst parts of MuvLuv, I've really no interest in this relic from the stone age.

JAST:
What does an English VN publisher do if he doesn't even have enough translators to get the announcement from 5 - 10 years ago done? Right, just picking up existing fan translations.

Eiyuu*Senki
Apparently a decent gameplay title, but the art is really not my cup of tea, so I'll pass on it.

Katahane remake from Tarte
Probably not a bad title, but I tried this once and I was like 'Jo sorry, I'm older than twelve'. Certainly not a title for me.

Sweet Home
Hmm, I get a strange feeling of deja vu here... :unsure:

Princess X My Fiancee is a Monster Girl
Let me guess, they accidentally found this title in a trash can somewhere in the basement?! :blink:

Aksys:
I don't have a Vita and also won't get one so the titles have no relevance for me, even if some of them look interesting.

Overall, Sekai Project has the most interesting titles for me by a long mile, followed by MangaGamer with some distance and Jast was the expected joke.

I'd already written much of my thought earlier, but I'd found some interesting thing about Starnova so I'll write my additional thought later. But let's try to sort my thought on this announcement here based on tier. The more good tier is mean that I'm more looking forward to those.

Very Good

I'd already made SakuSaku thread, and that should indicate of how I look forward to this. Frankly I'm quite shock the moment I hear first second at SakuSaku OP at Sekai panel, but then again I'd had same reaction when I knew Mangagamer had partnership with Alice Soft. As for Baldr Sky, those 2 VN was got high score on VNDB so it should be good indicator imo (I like Sora design by the way). Island premise looks quite interesting, and the OP was sang by eufonius. Note that I'll still get this even though Clephas didn't like this (Although my HDD size would be the problem though).

Good

Maybe the reason I look forward to this was quite shallow. But I quite like character design all of those game above. Ittaku said that Suki Suki system wasn't like my perception earlier, but rather of how many time you must spent time with heroine until the heroine herself confess to us instead of triggering the route flag. Quite interesting. For Boukaku, interesting that we'll got 18+ otome here with explicit sex scene. Starnova, well the costume maybe if you ask me the reason. And Segno had very nice looking background. For Kiminozo, let's just said the opening here was quite good.

Average

I'm not interested with otome, especially if it's only available on console (But I'm still defend admin Tay here to cover otome release, okay). Oh, for otome I'm only interested with the sprite of MC here. 999 might be good, but I could also just download DS emulator and play it (I knew there's also voice acting, but for now not too interested). At least I knew that Virtual Last Reward also going to Steam here. For both Katahane and Eiyuu Senki here, even though I said both of those two were redundant, I'm quite interested with how much the content will be different from translated version (Katahane was in regard of remake new content, and Eiyuu Senki was worth to looking if only for translated H-Scenes here).

Below Average

Maggot Bait, okay let's said that at least I knew the story was quite interesting and some member here like this. But the sex content was a bit too extreme here. For Grisaia, well I'd already state several time that I'm okay with Kajitsu only, but if some reader here Grisaia hardcore fan, look forward to those side story. And for Koikuma, the art was quite good if I said to myself here, maybe I'll check it later.

Take Your Time, (Insert Company Name Here)

Well, the title here mean that those company may take their time as long as possible to polish those games. I'm not interesting with those games. As for Hadaka Shitsuji, I think it's also redundant because it was once again already translated. Not much I could comment here.

I think that's all for my tier here. And if Baldr Sky need Kickstarter here, I'll cover on how much funded they need in my VNTS review. And let's look forward to another announcement here (Otakon).

PS - Note that both my opinion in here and my blogpost might be change in future.

9 hours ago, ChaosRaven said:

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien from Age
Considering that school slice of life and drama were the worst parts of MuvLuv, I've really no interest in this relic from the stone age.

Lol Kiminozo is not an high school story, only the first part before the intro has an High School Setting.

19 hours ago, okok said:

No 18+ version of baldr sky. Sigh.

Ah it been confirmed. 

Both Smile and Palette's titles were confirmed via Sekai Project's twitter announcements to be getting a release by Denpasoft, which was accidentally left out of the article at publication. Article has been changed/altered to reflect this.

https://www.lewdgamer.com/2016/07/03/sekai-project-announcements-at-anime-expo/

2 hours ago, CeruleanGamer said:

BALDR SKY with no R18?

For some reason I felt like burning Sekai's HQ right now, but I think I'll just toss a bunch of toilet paper instead. Good but not so good. :( 

Ah it been confirmed. 

Both Smile and Palette's titles were confirmed via Sekai Project's twitter announcements to be getting a release by Denpasoft, which was accidentally left out of the article at publication. Article has been changed/altered to reflect this.

9 minutes ago, Nekolover said:

Ah it been confirmed. 

It's already known that Ponkotsu Akuma and SakuSaku are getting +18 releases for a while

Furthermore, I have no idea why you quoted comments about Baldr Sky when the article explicitly stated that the nature of a +18 has not been stated yet

Also, why two comments with exactly the same contents and not just one comment with two quotations?

Edited by Arcadeotic

35 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

It's already known that Ponkotsu Akuma and SakuSaku are getting +18 releases for a while

Furthermore, I have no idea why you quoted comments about Baldr Sky when the article explicitly stated that the nature of a +18 has not been stated yet

Also, why two comments with exactly the same contents and not just one comment with two quotations?

The quoting thing sometimes doesn't work for me.  For the other thing is call being brain dead. Sorry. Seriously delete them if you can.  

1 minute ago, Nekolover said:

The quoting thing sometimes doesn't work for me.  For the other thing is call being brain dead. Sorry. Seriously delete them if you can.  

Well, the quoting thing can be pretty clunky on some browser versions and computers and those brain farts happens to everyone sometimes; don't worry about it.

I can't delete them, but deleting them might not be a necessity in the first place

Regarding Princess X, just visited VNDB and found something interesting written by our Tyrosyn there. Here's his statement regarding Princess X.

The licensing of Princess X is hilarious. 
Ten years ago JAST already tried to license Black Cyc games but it wasn't possible. Now, probably thanks to the reboot of the company under Ranba Amuse, they finally could establish a partnership and what did they chose as their first game? Princess X! And how do they promote it? As a Monster Girl game!
This means they actually AGAIN have no idea of what they are working on or they AGAIN deliberately lie to us. Choose your poison.

Why? Because Princess X is not your average monster girl game.

In fact, Princess X deconstructs the genre and its tropes. Everything in this game is deliberating repulsive to fans of the genre, it's one big awesome troll game making fun of everything monster girl fans like (like how unpleasant the daily life with a monster girl waifu really is) and showing the things monster girl fans try to ignore (like how disgusting it is to have sex with animal body parts).
Sure, you could argue that it's part of the plan to promote this game like just another monster girl eroge so it will troll its audience even harder... but I don't believe it. Peter never trolled. I'm certain he believes everything he says about the games he releases like the weeaboo he is. Or he says it because of marketing reasons like the business man he is.
So what is it in this case? He certainly chose Princess X to get a piece of the monster girl hype. But did he do this knowing that this game will probably not please the fans (like when he promotes NTR games like the fluffy romance stories they are certainly not) or is he actually thinking he will release a legit monster girl game (like when he initially thought Starless is just another Discipline-clone)?

Whatever, this is certainly an interesting license. Sadly, it will probably not get the attention it deserves.

So, will I change my tier for Princess X here? Still not, but at least I knew about this a little more that Princess X had something more than just some random monster girl nukige only as my earlier impression. And by the way, thanks Tyrosyn for your impression there.

2 hours ago, Tyrosyn said:

Haha, no problem. :miyako:

Again with the weebo thing.  God that word gets misused so much. 

Anyhow you made me more interested in the game.      

About the disgusting sex with monster sex thing fans ignore.   Is that really a thing about most fans?  I thought that was giving and I am a monster girl/boy fan.   Well I already seen the CG for the sex scenes and spider girl scared the shit out me. But again I treated the same way when I find something disgusting about the person I have sex with. Ignore it or sexualized it.  

And yes I have read a lot of hardcore doujin about monster girls. Is nothing new to me.