Rewrite Anime Discussion [Rewritten Fuwa Version]

Eclipsed

✓Kotori awkward podium advertising speech for her club

✓"Hello, and get out" by Sakuya
✓Akane wrapped in a towel + her BGM theme. S-Stop. Sexualizing.... Ahh screw it. Give me moar

✓Chihaya too stronk, can't put lead into pencil ROFL
✓Tennouji & Yoshino making a big bromance scene over reason for Lucia's gloves during lecture
✓Shizuru
✓1st Club activity: Hunt for Tsuchinoko
✓Kotarou found the Tsuchinoko!!! -> Lucia Kotarou KO punch #3
✓Chihaya easily catches UMA hunter Tsukono's Tsuchinoko bait. 1st myth debunked :c
✓Shizuru so adorably pats on her picnic carpet indicating Kotarou to sit there and eat lunch with her (he doesn't even sit where she patted, fk him)
OpKcdnH.jpg (600×321)   QRR3tPP.jpg (600×349)
✓Shizuru heterochromia revealed :wub:
✓Lucia recycling + world lecture. Earth Rep!@# -> KO punch #4
? Extended dog monster chases Kotarou scene after meeting blond haired red cloak Full Metal Alchemist Edward looking guy + Kotarou rewrites for the first time
✓Esaka-san 1st meeting, Gen-san ramen crew
✓Shizuru casually struts in. I see what you did there 
:wub:
✓Shizuru lives by herself in a ghetto apartment revelation
✓Sakuya with the Kotarou insultonicknames. 

• 2 weeks later...

So having watched all the way to episode 6 and so far its not too bad. 

Although the animation is a bit lacking, the OSTs bring a sense of nostalgia so it's on the most part good. I would probably not recommend the anime to people who haven't played the game though. If you don't know the plot beforehand, the anime doesn't really do a good job (well I mean it's just not possible to put the routes into 20 minute segments). 

Up till this point, my favorite moment would be the end of episode 4 when this song is played.

Spoiler

This one is definitely one of my favorite songs in Rewrite and I still listen to it on my phone lol.

13 hours ago, Limerence_ said:

Didn't quite enjoy Lucia's episode, though I found episode 6 to be okay. There's no Yoshino song :o 

I agree with what you said about episode 5. 

Although they did cover the major events that happened and spoils who Asahi Haruka is, it just didn't have the same eerie feeling that I got when I was playing the visual novel. I remember when I was playing the visual novel, I seriously wondered about who Asahi Haruka was, but in the anime, I felt that it was a bit obvious. 

Spoiler

And ya I guess since they already ventured into the forest and found the Rainbow swamp, I guess the Yoshino song probably won't be in the anime. :amane:

3 hours ago, Bastian77 said:

Although they did cover the major events that happened and spoils who Asahi Haruka is, it just didn't have the same eerie feeling that I got when I was playing the visual novel. I remember when I was playing the visual novel, I seriously wondered about who Asahi Haruka was, but in the anime, I felt that it was a bit obvious. 

Yeah... The anime didn't quite have the same amount of build up or suspense. I felt that it was difficult for the viewers to fully comprehend the situation Lucia was in. Honestly, many parts of the episode made me cringe quite a bit. 

Spoiler

Like the part where she touched the leaf in Kotarou's room, and the part in the church. 

I was pretty disappointed that they butchered my favourite route in the VN, but considering the amount of episodes they were given, it's hard to blame them. 

So after watching episode 7, it already feels like the ending of the anime might be a disappointment.

The events so far looks like we are on the Guardian side of things because we've seen both of Lucia's and Shizuru's backstory but then again who knows what's coming. Among the numerous branches that the story can go down, I think only the miracle route will allow this anime to be half decent at best lol. 

Spoiler

Best part about this episode. I love how no one asks what she is doing with that tree trunk. :wafuu:

WIKg1yE.png

48 minutes ago, iamnoob said:

Welp looks like Nov 13 has happened. Now it's time for us to be surprised. Original content starts now I guess? I'm guessing he will go with Kotori and eventually into Kagari.

I mean the original content has already started, I think. IIRC you never actually saw

Spoiler

them figure out they're enemies, I think in all of the routes everyone just vanished, you ran into some monsters, and eventually you found the one whose route you're on. It's been a while though, so I could easily be misremembering.

25 minutes ago, Bastian77 said:

So after watching episode 7, it already feels like the ending of the anime might be a disappointment.

The events so far looks like we are on the Guardian side of things because we've seen both of Lucia's and Shizuru's backstory but then again who knows what's coming. Among the numerous branches that the story can go down, I think only the miracle route will allow this anime to be half decent at best lol. 

Reveal hidden contents

Best part about this episode. I love how no one asks what she is doing with that tree trunk. :wafuu:

WIKg1yE.png

I'm guessing it's going to start with Kotori and transition to Gaia, since we've already had Lucia's and Shizuru's "routes".

Also

She was clearly waiting to fight off a bear, pay attention :SmallKappa:

2 hours ago, Flutterz said:

I mean the original content has already started, I think. IIRC you never actually saw

???? No? This is Nov 13 last part of common route. Next EP will likely start is Kagari route. Up till now we were still following the VN with a few "original content" EG Kiv fight/Kagari killing leaf but we havent gone into the new route yet so nobody has seen it -.-''

Wow. I actually enjoyed episode 8 a lot. The new opening is really nice. :sacchan: 

Spoiler

Kagari was hilarious. I didn't see that coming. One thing which bothered me quite a bit was that Kotarou didn't seem VERY bothered that all his friends were suddenly 'gone'. He was upset, but it felt like he didn't feel strongly about it. 

57 minutes ago, Limerence_ said:

Wow. I actually enjoyed episode 8 a lot. The new opening is really nice. :sacchan: 

Reveal hidden contents

Kagari was hilarious. I didn't see that coming. One thing which bothered me quite a bit was that Kotarou didn't seem VERY bothered that all his friends were suddenly 'gone'. He was upset, but it felt like he didn't feel strongly about it. 

Lol, exactly how I felt. I think episode 8 seemed to contain the comedy that was really missing in some of the previous episodes. Also, Kagari-Chan seems to have a bubbly personality in the anime, which is polar opposite from the visual novel but I ended up liking it.

3 hours ago, Bastian77 said:

Lol, exactly how I felt. I think episode 8 seemed to contain the comedy that was really missing in some of the previous episodes. Also, Kagari-Chan seems to have a bubbly personality in the anime, which is polar opposite from the visual novel but I ended up liking it.

Yeah, I loved Kagari's new character too. It was a breath of fresh air. This episode doesn't feel as rushed as the previous episode. Still, I don't quite see how they're going to finish it in 5 episodes considering the fact that the OP had scenes from each of the heroine's routes

Spoiler

like the fire dude and Sakuya's 'monster' form from Chiaya's route and Shimako from Akane's route.  

• 2 weeks later...