Rewrite Anime Discussion [Rewritten Fuwa Version]

Eclipsed

the first part was a pretty decent adaptation but the last part however was not 
Also I don't know why but the voices don't sound like in the vn, except for Akane or maybe it's just me...
For now it's hard for them to screw up the plot, let's see how they do it once you get into the proper routes of each girl, that's when they always fucked up everything.

Well, I haven't read the VN yet, so i'm not touching the anime. But I can't see a 13 episode adaptation of a 50+ hour VN ending well. I imagine it'll be better than the Grisaia no Kaijitsu adaptation, though. Kind of surprised they didn't go for a 40'ish episode series like they did with LB and Clannad.

Look pretty nice to me. Obviously they can't go through every bit of story from the VN without it being a rushed trash, so I'm looking forward to seeing what direction the anime will go without straying from the source too far.

I tried to watch the first episode (which I think is double, Kissanime marked 48 minutes) and called it quits after like 10 minutes, Yoshino killed my interest. Key humour and SoL are stupid and while some works mitigate the urge to kill the cast (i. e. Little Busters), not this time for me. If anything the episode made me want to go back to the Rewrite VN in full force. Maybe I'll even finish it someday.

Best thing about Rewrite is philosophyz.

The directing is terrible. The budget is probably really low. Overall, seems like a good addition to the game. Nothing more.

18 hours ago, Deep Blue said:

Also I don't know why but the voices don't sound like in the vn, except for Akane or maybe it's just me...

Exactly. I actually had to check is the characters are actually voiced by the same seiyu as in the game.

Overall, I heard, they are going to make a spinoff to the VN, not a direct adaptation.

Edit. For some reason this comment turned out pretty negative. But I actually liked the first episode.

??? Did some posts get deleted or something?

Also I want 2 things in this anime

1. The part where Akane calls in a freaking helicopter to search for the body to prove Kotarou wrong

2. YOSHINOOOOOOOOOOO YOSHINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNQTQlflYA8

Oppai route is a plus.

All in all judging by the 1st episode and considering how long the VN is. I'm leaning towards this being more of a nod towards the VN than it trying to be a standalone good anime.

On 7/4/2016 at 10:15 AM, Eclipsed said:

Hi.

I am not Key fan but I enjoyed VN Rewrite 2 years ago and very happy to see anime version made now, first episode was great imo, just to see all of my favorites being animated. A bit fast paced will admit, but still very moe and I like.

What you think?

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but....

I was rereading the rewrite VN and I noticed.

In the Kotori route, Kotarou is damaged when the key dies because he is connected to it through Kotori's summoning magic stuff.

But in other routes(Shizuru, etc) when the Key dies, Kotarou remains completely fine.

Anyone got an explanation for this?

Second episode is out and the pacing is just getting worse. I kind of hope they are just zooming through it to get to this 6th route bu it's kind of killing the experience. If someone is watching this and haven't played the VN they must be so lost. They're not presenting a lot of the more mysterious aspects of the story well at all and are literally just showing you everything.

Like in the OP with Kotarou in a suit meeting Kagari in the forest

Laughed kind of hard at that dutch oven scene, glad to see that my sense of humor hasn't evolved over the years.

Need to ward off a spirit? Fart on it!
It comes again? Sexually harass it!

This episode was actually pretty funny compared to the first, and we get more scenes with Akane, so I enjoyed it. Nice to see Tomoko animated, she looks pretty cute. The pacing was still shit though, I was really hoping they'd get it together by the second episode but I guess not :/

59 minutes ago, andzalot55 said:

I was thinking of playing the VN to this anime. Should I try watching the anime first before the VN or the other way around?

It's hard to say... the anime follows an original route, so you technically wouldn't spoil any of the character routes in the VN - but the common route, which is pretty long in the VN, would likely be ruined if you watched the anime first. Anime rushes through the common route at a lightning pace, and it totally breaks the atmosphere in my opinion.

I'd say don't take any chances, and read the VN first, then watch the anime - especially if you don't particularly care for discussing each episode as it airs. You could also wait for Rewrite+ which should be coming out at the end of this month (at least in Japan), which will include the route that the anime covers.

23 hours ago, andzalot55 said:

I was thinking of playing the VN to this anime. Should I try watching the anime first before the VN or the other way around?

If possible, always follow release order. Though a warning if you want to read the VN first. It is extremely long, around 70 hours.

On 11/7/2016 at 1:03 AM, dfbreezy said:

For the rewrite anime all i'm waiting for is Esaka-san's NAZE-DAAA! skit. That thing traumatized me when i was reading the vn. Hope you all get to share my trauma..:mare:

Nah, it's just an obnoxious, tiring gag in true Key style. For me, not a trauma, just annoying as frak.

Episode 2:

✓Akane's FPS
✓Paper clip charm
✓Guardian Shikigami Tomoko fully animated, date request, and RIP within 3 minutes
✓Lucia's hot sauce parfait + Lucia's Kotarou KO punch
✓Shizuru
✓Nishijukou-sensei catches Shizuru
✓Touch Akane's boobs deal if find proof of supernatural occult stuff (LOL I FORGOT ABOUT THIS)
✓Akane's theme "Anthurium" finally plays midway
✓More FPS in background
✓WTF DAT KOTAROU->AKANE MASSAGE, STOP SEXUALIZING HER 
✓More fully animated newspaper gal Inoue
✓Shizuru actually says what Kotarou tells her to say when she's talking on the phone with Lucia<333333333333333 + Lucia's Kotarou KO punch#2 (yes I'll keep track)
✓Entire heroine cast signed up for Occult Club + emphasis that this was all due to Akane's boobs deal

Let the haters hate and be lost by the ridiculous pacing, I'm enjoying this accelerated recapanimation ^_^

6 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Episode 2:

✓Akane's FPS
✓Paper clip charm
✓Guardian Shikigami Tomoko fully animated, date request, and RIP within 3 minutes
✓Lucia's hot sauce parfait + Lucia's Kotarou KO punch
✓Shizuru
✓Nishijukou-sensei catches Shizuru
✓Touch Akane's boobs deal if find proof of supernatural occult stuff (LOL I FORGOT ABOUT THIS)
✓Akane's theme "Anthurium" finally plays midway
✓More FPS in background
✓WTF DAT KOTAROU->AKANE MASSAGE, STOP SEXUALIZING HER 
✓More fully animated newspaper gal Inoue
✓Shizuru actually says what Kotarou tells her to say when she's talking on the phone with Lucia<333333333333333 + Lucia's Kotarou KO punch#2 (yes I'll keep track)
✓Entire heroine cast signed up for Occult Club + emphasis that this was all due to Akane's boobs deal

Let the haters hate and be lost by the ridiculous pacing, I'm enjoying this accelerated recapanimation ^_^

THEY CUT OFF THE UFUUUUUUUN IN THE PHONE CALL

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS

WE MUST REVOLT!!!!!!!