Re:zero discussion (and some other non important Summer 2016 anime)

Nosebleed

21 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

Wasn't leaked, comico (the website the ReLIFE webcomic is published in)  released every single episode on their app. The subbed 13 episode release was official and done by Crunchyroll, they themselves said it would happen,

WHAT??? That's... amazing... and weird... I don't think this type of airing an anime ever happened before... 

I wonder if more studios would do this. Would definitely end the suffering of waiting each week for new episodes but at the same time that would alsovkill hypes...

18 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Re:Zero was ugly? O.o
Or do you mean that the whole attitude and shit with the MC is ugly in an epic way?

Btw, the studio said that Tales of Zestiria the X will do some changes to the story here and there, although we don't know how big those changes will be. They've introduced Velvet, for example, and they're gonna try to "fix" a bit the Alisha problem they had when they released the videogame. I don't think they can fix it, though, since that problem was way too basic and ingrained in the core of the game's dynamics.

The epic kind of ugly. I feel like Subaru's entire development is just realistically develop a socially awkward otaku character in a fantasy realism world. All of his "I'm the MC of this series!" mentality makes some very ugly scenes that's just purely epic.

Also yizz ufotable saving Zestiria's not so good story (hopefully).

Amanchu might just be my favorite anime this season.

Super chill OST, 2 really interesting and totally not gay main characters, crazy facial expressions, and just overall fun.

I'm happy to see the creator of Aria didn't lose their touch, this is super fun for any fan of SoL.

No context screenshot:
7e0d502a079a489c934b76128fc8540a.png

Watched ep1 of Orange and Planetarian. Orange was nice, though I would probably have dropped it if she'd kept ignoring the advice she was getting. Planetarian is good, it should be harder to mess up a kinetic novel than Rewrite, and it looks better than the latter, so I have some hopes for it.

The season is looking pretty decent so far although nothing spectacular yet.

I will definitly be checking the second episodes of:

Orange, this one could be quite the fun watch and so far i like the characters
Amanchu: Being from the same author that did aria this one will most likely also make for some sweet dreams, although i am afraid they will over use the funky faces.
Alderamin, Having read the manga till now this series could become quite a solid one, but so far the anime adaptiopn has not shown its card yet for me. Will definitly need to check out the second episode.
91 Days, i think this could become this seasons best show, but well these shows have a tendency to crash and burn at the halfway mark.
Planetarian, well having read the vn i could not possibly skip this , even though i already dread the ending:wahaha:
Time travel girl, this could become a fun series or turn into trash, for me that will depend on the character development.

7 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

Could you please eaborate on why this is a negative thing?

3Q5nSBz.png

oJ81hq6.jpg

VjAieGl.png

2zxhCof.jpg

LfDboyu.jpg

DwGkhR6.png

RPMRBgU.jpg

5KC3sko.jpg

aBxxk75.jpg

I am afraid i will gro tired of them eventually.
I really liked them in Aria, but there they were never used for a 2 min scene and using them for that long can grow tiring eventually.

20 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Yeah that opening sequence was pretty bland, but I like the premise of the other half at least. It's like misunderstanding: the animation.

I thought it'd be like Barakamon but it's basically unrelated save for the protagonist being the same.

A good decision, I'd say. In the end, handa-kun had the problem of "will it be Barakamon, but without all that made that anime so great?"

Going cut and clear on the core idea is for the best, since this way they can have a light-hearted comedy with the advantage that we all already know how awkward Handa is (and was).

23 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

A good decision, I'd say. In the end, handa-kun had the problem of "will it be Barakamon, but without all that made that anime so great?"

Going cut and clear on the core idea is for the best, since this way they can have a light-hearted comedy with the advantage that we all already know how awkward Handa is (and was).

Did you watch Arslan senki fuujin Ranbu episode 2?

WHAT THE FUCK RE:ZERO.

What

The Fuck.

I don't even know what to say, seriously. This is not some "shit hit the fan". This is 140% into my top 5 most extreme, mind-blowing and heartrending episodes from an anime of all time. The amount of "what the actual fuck" was off the charts by miles, with Re:Zero 15.

Also, pretty impressive how 1 single line has given insane insight on who the fuck Subaru might be.

b43093898bceefec409bfddbcddee7f7.jpg

8 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

WHAT THE FUCK RE:ZERO.

What

The Fuck.

I don't even know what to say, seriously. This is not some "shit hit the fan". This is 140% into my top 5 most extreme, mind-blowing and heartrending episodes from an anime of all time. The amount of "what the actual fuck" was off the charts by miles, with Re:Zero 15.

Also, pretty impressive how 1 single line has given insane insight on who the fuck Subaru might be.

Reveal hidden contents

b43093898bceefec409bfddbcddee7f7.jpg

Yeah that was one episode that really made me go what the hell.
You gotta feel sorry for the guy.

Can't we all pitch in or something and give the poor guy a tank so he can actually fight back?

10 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

From Konosuba to Berserk : an anime guide to understand Re;Zero. 

Btw, watched Arslan in the end, a while later. Well that was a twist alright, lel. Thought this would turn into a 3-sided war, but instead the fucking king has turned tables on the situation and now Arslan has lost all validity for his war.

2 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Btw, watched Arslan in the end, a while later. Well that was a twist alright, lel. Thought this would turn into a 3-sided war, but instead the fucking king has turned tables on the situation and now Arslan has lost all validity for his war.

And that's actually quite realist, more than one crusade were lost because of family affairs.

I want an Arslan senki mod for Crusaders Kings. 

I finally caught up on re-watching the old D.Gray-Man series and watched the first episode of the new season today, it was better than expected. Even though it's only 13 episodes, the pacing seems to be more or less fine, and some interesting things are already happening.

Surprisingly, they didn't mess up the voice acting too much, short of Lavi. The other characters sound pretty similar to how they did in the old series, even though some of the seiyuu changed.

Character art was really shocking to me though, I seriously couldn't recognize some of the characters for the first few seconds. Lenalee looks pretty generic now :( Might be that I'm just not used to it, I think this art style could probably fit the setting better (they look kind of more like middle-ages aristocrats now), and the mood/atmosphere is improved due to the better background art.

Dat cliffhanger at the end though :o Can't wait for next episode.

1 hour ago, Maxel said:

NvJpp6O.png

Hold me on your arms, so that we may cry each other to sleep.

Also, Momokuri has been quite more enjoyable than I expected. They are managing to make the "stalker gf" act more funny than creepy, probably thanks to her friend's impact on the show, so it's a really chill show to enjoy.

df56efc293dec3d4989753256a2a61b1.gif

Amaama to Inazuma was sweet as always. The fact that Tsumugi is using Kotori as a replacement for her mother just feels sweet.

Mob Psycho 100 was alright, I definitely love the fact they went for keeping the web manga visuals, but the blonde MC is kinda annoying.