Re:zero discussion (and some other non important Summer 2016 anime)

Nosebleed

24 minutes ago, Jibril said:

I know this is cliche and has been said over and over again about Subaru but isn't his as a person supposed to be disliked? I mean, didn't he supposed to represent the average non-functioning member of society? The NEETs, the nerds, the "nice guys" or the special snowflake?

Pretty much, especially as seen in the early episodes. His "I'm so genre savvy" attitude, with jokes and 4th wall monologues. At the very beginning he goes full otaku on his fantasy life, basically. And later on we see the uglier side, which Suzu will see soon enough.

The way people hated Subaru was kinda especial, because so many people saw smth reflected on him, and hates how his way of being made him fail so miserable and made him break down. In the end, it's a sad thing to watch, and even more if you initially put yourself in his shoes cuz "power fantasy anime, time to feel like the king of the world." The amount of hate and dislike Subaru got especially around the middle and 2/3 of the series is a huge testament on how well his character is crafted as someone you don't want to see or be (and the amount of memes about despair, I guess).

10 hours ago, havoc said:

true that, altough my personal opinion is that subara would have been better off if he was a little more like kanta from desert punk.
And by that i mean, I disliked subaru as a character and i truly wish he was not so dislikeable.
He was in more than one way the worst thing about the show, and in some ways also the best i just don't think the good about subaru made up for the bad. (not as a person but as a character)
Meanwhile kanta, well he is just as much of a dick, but in his case you just love to hate him. And that means there is no bad thing about his character despite well and truly hating him. 

I hadn't heard of Desert Punk until now, I'll have to look it up. Though I did have a brief "love to hate" moment with Subaru - I took a guilty pleasure in his suffering in one of the lives (I'm not normally a vindictive person, but it was a "you reap what you sow" type feeling).

2 minutes ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

I hadn't heard of Desert Punk until now, I'll have to look it up. Though I did have a brief "love to hate" moment with Subaru - I took a guilty pleasure in his suffering in one of the lives (I'm not normally a vindictive person, but it was a "you reap what you sow" type feeling).

K4ZIpk6.jpg

Edited in a review of the series. Be sure to watch the dub, as it is actually better than the sub.

Spoiler

So has anybody else been following macross Delta?
Personally i would say its good but not quite as good as frontier although the music migt actually have been better.

Also, im honestly not impressed by next seasons lineup, it seems like there is no real standout show.

14 minutes ago, havoc said:

So has anybody else been following macross Delta?
Personally i would say its good but not quite as good as frontier although the music migt actually have been better.

Also, im honestly not impressed by next seasons lineup, it seems like there is no real standout show.

Personally i'm waiting for Ajin 2 and Occultic;Nine, other than that...i get what you mean. 

4 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Personally i'm waiting for Ajin 2 and Occultic;Nine, other than that...i get what you mean. 

its not like there are no series that i'm looking foward to, but there are only 9 series i even consider checking out.
And generally about half of them fail so its gonna be a calm season for me.

The series im looking forward to is the second season of gundam iron blooded orphans, vivid strike, and izetta: the last witch. But two of those are second seasons and not really new so to speak.

I have like 12 anime or so that I'm going to give a chance, but I've been extremely tolerant. I won't be surprised at all if, after the first week, that list is down to less than 6.

I'm super conflicted about Izetta, though. I read the synopsis and thought "Damn does this sound great. II World War, small principality getting invaded Valkyria Chronicles-style..." then I watched the trailer and realised the focus is actually on the 2 female protagonists who, of fucking course because Japan, will have a half-implied lesbian friendship/love relationship, and then doing magic thingies will take precedence while the war setting fades into nothing but background noise.
That's my worst case possibility about Izetta, at least.

12 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

I have like 12 anime or so that I'm going to give a chance, but I've been extremely tolerant. I won't be surprised at all if, after the first week, that list is down to less than 6.

I'm super conflicted about Izetta, though. I read the synopsis and thought "Damn does this sound great. II World War, small principality getting invaded Valkyria Chronicles-style..." then I watched the trailer and realised the focus is actually on the 2 female protagonists who, of fucking course because Japan, will have a half-implied lesbian friendship/love relationship, and then doing magic thingies will take precedence while the war setting fades into nothing but background noise.
That's my worst case possibility about Izetta, at least.

Wait, that's even more amazing, i didn't knew it would be fuckig waifus holding ptrs anti-tank rifles!

Also what you describe is basically what happened with Re;Zero. :holo: (but you won't admit it. :holo: ) 

What name? 

41 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

I can say it now, shuumatsu no Isella blew my mind, it's really cool.

Oh, and one of the producers is a guy from Wargaming.net

Yep, about the only one i was really looking forward to and it was a strait A all the way through.
Although i must say i got some nostalgia vibes from the first episode, cant quite put my finger on what the exact cause is tough or to which series the feeling is referring.

Think we can rename the fall topic to Shuumatsu no Isella and some other non important fall anime?

But I am kind of concerned, the director is not exactly known for his stellar series.

1 hour ago, havoc said:

Yep, about the only one i was really looking forward to and it was a strait A all the way through.
Although i must say i got some nostalgia vibes from the first episode, cant quite put my finger on what the exact cause is tough or to which series the feeling is referring.

Think we can rename the fall topic to Shuumatsu no Isella and some other non important fall anime?

But I am kind of concerned, the director is not exactly known for his stellar series.

The artsy that looks a bit like spice and wolf?

But yeh, there's quite an oldschool vibe, the kind of great adventures anime, like Cowboy Bebop...etc