Re:zero discussion (and some other non important Summer 2016 anime)

Nosebleed

3 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

I love the amount of super serious discussion about such an average, blantantly otaku pandering show. :makina:

Miyazaki was right. Anime should just die now.

Meanwhile, Amanchu started as my favorite show and ended as my favorite. Not many people talked about it, but it was my salvation every week.

Mine was Arslan senki, even if it was a transition season, it introduced a whole new situation which will result in some Game of throne-esque situations, and that's very cool.

Also cute waifu (please don't ded, please don't ded, please don't ded! ) 

I probably just haven't watched enough trashy isekai anime to appreciate Subaru actually having to put in some effort (sometimes), the closest I've come to watching anything with a parallel world (Re: zero aside) was NGNL, and I dropped that after 1 episode. :makina: So for me one or two episodes of him being retarded and failing would have sufficed, anything more that and he's just being needlessly cringey and blockheaded.

Oh, I suppose I've also watched a bit of Zero no Tsukaima, but that was for the "plot", not the plot.:illya:

2 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

I love the amount of super serious discussion about such an average, blantantly otaku pandering show. :makina:

Miyazaki was right. Anime should just die now.

Meanwhile, Amanchu started as my favorite, stayed my favorite, and ended as my favorite show. Not many people talked about it, but it was my salvation every week.

You are right in that you need salvation :makina:

Just now, Jun Inoue said:

Tell that to the person who compared, mom! :pyaa:

Ignorance is a steep price to pay, he does need salvation I swear!

Think a blow to head with a sledge hammer will be enough?

On other news, Macross Delta has dropped some major death flags this week.

@Jun Inoue Wait wait wait wait.... you're confusing me here. So Re:Zero IS NOT a deconstruction anime to other Isekai anime but Subaru is a deconstruction to other Isekai MCs...? Uh.... Wat :sachi:

Okay, I think I understand your point more or less. You're saying that Re:Zero is a deconstruction anime to other anime that has their MCs NEET behavior easily accepted? ....Then in that case I can somewhat see that, though I don't think I'll fully agree on it. But it's arguable. Though I don't really want to argue on that because we're talking about thousands of anime with NEET MCs here....

@havoc ZnT may be popular, but it doesn't kickstart the Isekai wave nor it's the first iteration of Isekai anime. The very first one would be .hack//Sign

@Riku Everyday is filled with 5 minutes of retardedness that eclipsed every anime of all time. 10/10 AOTY better than Shit:Zero :makina:

26 minutes ago, Jibril said:

@Jun Inoue Wait wait wait wait.... you're confusing me here. So Re:Zero IS NOT a deconstruction anime to other Isekai anime but Subaru is a deconstruction to other Isekai MCs...? Uh.... Wat :sachi:

Okay, I think I understand your point more or less. You're saying that Re:Zero is a deconstruction anime to other anime that has their MCs NEET behavior easily accepted? ....Then in that case I can somewhat see that, though I don't think I'll fully agree on it. But it's arguable. Though I don't really want to argue on that because we're talking about thousands of anime with NEET MCs here....

@havoc ZnT may be popular, but it doesn't kickstart the Isekai wave nor it's the first iteration of Isekai anime. The very first one would be .hack//Sign

@Riku Everyday is filled with 5 minutes of retardedness that eclipsed every anime of all time. 10/10 AOTY better than Shit:Zero :makina:

There's another solution.

Jun is a fanboy, and like a fanboy, you shouldn't listen to him.

Just like me, never listen to me when i talk about steins;gate, because i won't be objective, not at all, Jun is not a bad guy, he's just fan of Re;Zero, and we should accept that.

2 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

There's another solution.

Jun is a fanboy, and like a fanboy, you shouldn't listen to him.

Just like me, never listen to me when i talk about steins;gate, because i won't be objective, not at all, Jun is not a bad guy, he's just fan of Re;Zero, and we should accept that.

That excuse is as cheap as your make-up, dear :makina:

15 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

It's not excuse my dear, it's reality, maybe one day, you'll realize it, maybe not. 

You are pretty much downplaying and ignoring all discussion with a hand's gesture. It's an excuse. I'm not saying that Re:Zero is some masterpiece and then waiting on the universe to agree with me.

21 minutes ago, RedK said:

White fox chickening at the shitstorm.

Would it hurt them to put just that single line: WHO'S REM?

Yes because we don't want needless cliffhanger... I mean Re Zero's success pretty much guarantees season 2 but cliffhanger isn't exactly a good thing to do and at best it is a precedent to advertise the upcoming novels or the WN itself.

Also seeing WN readers shitstorming for not having the shitstorming is fun.

20 minutes ago, Jibril said:

Yes because we don't want needless cliffhanger... I mean Re Zero's success pretty much guarantees season 2 but cliffhanger isn't exactly a good thing to do and at best it is a precedent to advertise the upcoming novels or the WN itself.

Also seeing WN readers shitstorming for not having the shitstorming is fun.

Cliffhangers are better than leaving something really important that happens at the end of the season until the start of the next season. Since the anime isn't an original story, pretty much everyone who is even slightly interested in there being a season 2 will find out that it's actually a cliffhanger. And even if it were an original story and there weren't anyone who could go around the internet yelling "Who's Rem?" it'd feel more like the writers couldn't think of anything good while writing season 1, but then when season 2 was confirmed they went "Hey how's this for a twist, right after where season 1 left off, turns out nobody remembers Rem!". Either way you might as well just put the cliffhanger in.

9 hours ago, Jibril said:

My point was people were not going back far enough, and i never watched .Hack//sign.
Did attempt it but i did not like it, i did watch the vision of escaflone.

Anyhow, if i remember both of these have a very different story compared to the current overused trope, which as far as i can see is based of ZnT.

And yeah Jun is a massive fanboy of the series.
Much like i would not be able to give a unbiased opinion of Crest/Banner of the stars or Desert Punk.

1 hour ago, havoc said:

My point was people were not going back far enough, and i never watched .Hack//sign.
Did attempt it but i did not like it, i did watch the vision of escaflone.

Anyhow, if i remember both of these have a very different story compared to the current overused trope, which as far as i can see is based of ZnT.

And yeah Jun is a massive fanboy of the series.
Much like i would not be able to give a unbiased opinion of Crest/Banner of the stars or Desert Punk.

Same thing I told Kuri.

Arrogance is such an ugly thing.

*ahem* Merely jumping in to say I'm another fan of Re:Zero. Haven't read the light novel or anything, been introduced through the anime and have enjoyed it despite some saying it isn't so good in comparison. (But then, when are show/film adaptions ever up to par, hm?)

I'd add more into the discussion of realism and Subaru's flaws, etc…except it seems like it has been well covered already. :P

19 minutes ago, Eludrian said:

*ahem* Merely jumping in to say I'm another fan of Re:Zero. Haven't read the light novel or anything, been introduced through the anime and have enjoyed it despite some saying it isn't so good in comparison. (But then, when are show/film adaptions ever up to par, hm?)

I'd add more into the discussion of realism and Subaru's flaws, etc…except it seems like it has been well covered already. :P

Shhhh careful. Finding it a good anime might get you banned. Try not to raise suspicion :conspiracy: