Re:zero discussion (and some other non important Summer 2016 anime)

Nosebleed

Why is 3Drei so good. And wow if what Kuro said is true then

Spoiler

This spinoff is more of an alternate timeline where Kiritsugu didn't destroy the grail with Saber but instead wished to save Irisviel back during the 4th Holy Grail war? Which leads to the current happy life of Illya and the rest? I'm so mindblown with this if that's correct..... Oh God what if the current world they're in is also another alternate timeline? I wonder what happen that makes the mana started to dry up...

On 8/30/2016 at 5:43 AM, Riku said:

What are you saying? Everything is in Zestiria like it should be, nothing to do with Berseria.

Hide contents

Yes, Eizen is Zaveid best friend and Edna's brother. Eizen is often mentioned by Edna and Zaveid during the game, so it should be the same for the anime.

What you're calling "spoiler" is just the fact that we know the future because Berseria is before Zestiria.

Really?

Spoiler

Zaveid never been confirmed to be Eizen's best friend, just that he knows him and have to put an end to his suffering. We also never knew what Eizen looks like and we only know that the Dragon is Edna's older brother. So yes this is as a matter of fact spoilers and concrete evidence that ufotable isn't just adapting Zestiria but also Berseria inside Zestiria's timeline. Although I'm okay with that, the fact they're so half-assed in it and only makes it an advertisement is pissing me off especially since they kept spoiling Berseria left and right.

Ugh, who knows maybe it'll get better. I heard somewhere that there will be a second cour but I doubt it'll happen....

Spoiler

I don't know about a confirmation from someone else, but I'm quite sure Zaveid himself says that he was Eizen best friend. If I remember correctly, there is even a skit where Zaveid thinks about Eizen and promise he'll protect Edna in his place. (An inn skit I think)
About Eizen looks, well, he didn't have a charadesign at that time I think. Also, the fact that he is Edna's brother is public knowlegde. I mean, it's not even hidden. So I don't see the problem with showing how he looks in Zestiria.
If you had to call something spoiler in all this, it's the fact that, Zestiria being the future, we already know that Eizen will turn into a dragon and die. (we can kill him in a side quest in Zestiria)
Well, that is if he turns into a dragon in Berseria timeline. Perhaps it happens between the two.

Alderamin set such obvious flags during today's episode. Also must say that the conspiracy crap no longer has that much impact, considering it seems like that is all we've seen.

Also, I can't shake the feeling that Momokuri would be more entertaining if Momo wasn't so extremely obsessed with being short or cute. Especially since he knows Yuki likes that part of him, so it's like he's crazy obsessed about how awful it is that his gf likes him.

1 hour ago, Jun Inoue said:

Another week, another time Re:Zero makes the hole in my brain slightly bigger.

Reveal hidden contents

Will he have to start from the very beginning again...? Or, rather, is he actually dead?

Find out next week on.....

Would be kind of interesting in its own right, but i hope not.

Spoiler

If he does,  t would be interesting if he at least would get acces to a goot old box ful off LOOT. Mister TORQUE style.

44 minutes ago, havoc said:

Find out next week on.....

Would be kind of interesting in its own right, but i hope not.

Hide contents

If he does,  t would be interesting if he at least would get acces to a goot old box ful off LOOT. Mister TORQUE style.

But, with 2 episodes left, it would be kinda insane.

Re:Cliffhanger is back at it again....

Spoiler

I have a feeling they have to do something anime original here considering there's only 2 episodes left. Otherwise it has to be a very epic plot twist with a possible method and not rushed pacing in order to finish this arc. TBH I find that very unlikely.... but let's just see what'll happen next week.

5 hours ago, Jibril said:

Hide contents

I have a feeling they have to do something anime original here considering there's only 2 episodes left. Otherwise it has to be a very epic plot twist with a possible method and not rushed pacing in order to finish this arc. TBH I find that very unlikely.... but let's just see what'll happen next week.

Plot twist, it ends on a cliffhanger and a second season gets confirmed.

Nanatsu no Taizai new episode finally aired aaaaand.....

Spoiler

Almost nothing happened... of course... but hey! We got a glimpse of the demon that Merlin is researching and in the new OP song we get to see

Spoiler

Silhouettes of the 10 Commandments! Man that's some hype building for S2 right there.

1 hour ago, havoc said:

Plot twist, it ends on a cliffhanger and a second season gets confirmed.

That's the best plot twist anyone can get, a second season confirmation.... though incredibly unlikely to happen....

12 minutes ago, Jibril said:

Nanatsu no Taizai new episode finally aired aaaaand.....

Reveal hidden contents

Almost nothing happened... of course... but hey! We got a glimpse of the demon that Merlin is researching and in the new OP song we get to see

Reveal hidden contents

Silhouettes of the 10 Commandments! Man that's some hype building for S2 right there.

That's the best plot twist anyone can get, a second season confirmation.... though incredibly unlikely to happen....

Who knows, its a incredibly popular series, it would be such a waste to not get a second season.

Well, either it follows the novel and ends on a cliffhanger. (yeah, Arc 3 ends en a cliffhanger)

Either it'll be anime original.

But, the anime will never adapt the Web Novel, so if there has to be a season two, it won't be before a few years so that Arc 4 (at least) is published in LN form. Arc 3 took 7 volumes, so Arc 4 should take at least 10 volumes, I guess? So at least 3 years (With 3-4 volumes/year) before a season 2.

Considering how popular it is, I'd say it's only obvious we'll be seeing a S2 of Nanatsu no Taizai. And there's more than enough material in the manga for it, right now.

11 hours ago, Jibril said:

Hide contents

The ending of the anime will coincide with the end of the 8th novel (if I remember properly), so there's probably a cliffhanger type of ending prepared already.

Btw, smth interesting I found: The guy that Felix knocks out is named Ketty and he is revealed to be a member of the Witch’s Cult. Ketty already appeared in episode 14 ( Around 21:25 ) and had a central role there. For once he and Otto are actually close buddies but Otto doesn’t know of his aqcuittance with the Cult. He was the one leading Subaru to Otto and he was also the one telling Otto that if he accepted Subaru’s offer he „would find his answers“. This means that Subaru’s meeting with Otto and his arrival at the mansion could be all planned by Beetlejuice in advance which strengthens the theory about the gospel being able to predict the future. The fact that Ketty was with the merchants all along explains why they suddenly protest against evacuating the villagers.

And smth even more interesting abut the nature of Subaru and Beetlejuice/the Witch's Cult:

Spoiler

I continue to see people here misunderstand Sloth so I'll say it again, it makes sense if you read "useless/weak" for "sloth" instead of the customary meaning and the role of the Archbishop and his followers is to prove what or who is weak or useless (slothful) by overcoming them or killing them. If he can't do that, they are "diligent" as he is. He isn't lazy. Do you receive this Gospel? If so, my brain trembles~~~

Now, I try to base my thoughts on what the story has shown thus far and unless the writer is being deliberately misleading there are solid hints Subaru is to be the Pride Archbishop. Whether he becomes that is another story, but this may be one reason why he was brought to this world and his character lends itself to expressing that as has been shown. My daughter theorizes that his Return by Death power is Prideful since it refuses to accept failure or death itself and sets Subaru up to have authority over everyone's power and maybe even the Witch's. We hear the Witch Cultists repeat they receive the Witch's love and that their power was granted by the Witch as proof of her love and we have what may be the Witch saying what some think is "I love you" to Subaru during the Whale Battle. We see "Unseen Hands" activated by maiming/biting the fingers and Return by Death is activated by killing Subaru's body so there is commonality.

I had mentioned a while back that his repeated failures seemed intended to break Subaru's spirit and possibly making him insane with despair similar to the insanity of the other Archbishop. That would be a necessary condition to following the Witch's strategic orders possibly delivered through the "Gospels" while being free to improvise detailed plans to fulfill them (if you can't beat her, join). The continued respectful deference of the Cultists toward Subaru despite having Betelgeuse "killed" seems to bolster this, maybe they will become his when he receives his Gospel (he already has Betelgeuse')...

Also, did the twist at the end of the episode surprise you? But, if you think about it...

Spoiler

A comment on youtube brought up the beginning of Ep 18 where Puck killed all of the witch's cult along with Betelgeuse. Right as Subaru was dying he said he heard this laugh before, it's the voice of the man he's hated but then cuts to him and he realizes he's the one laughing.

Was that just flavour, or an interesting forshadowing of Beetlejuice getting into his body? My brain trembles~

Well wow it's official, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! is one of the few spinoff anime I've watched that can hold on its own against the original series. It's also funny how 

Spoiler

Shirou is more badass on a magical girl spinoff than its own original series. The hype for the next episode is so damn real. Who knew the series could improve so much on its storytelling by it's fourth season?

3 hours ago, Flutterz said:

Started watching re:zero, I got to episode 6 and so far it's literally Mirai Nikki. You have the loser protag, the time loop, the edgy plot with lots of murder, and the psycho girl that everyone on the internet is crazy about. :makina:

Plot twist, you've never watched Mirai Nikki.

23 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

That explains everything. And by everything, yes, I mean both that weird series comparison and global warming.

Not really weird from where I'm standing :P Only difference is that I dropped Mirai Nikki after 2 episodes, and I haven't dropped Re:zero just yet :makina: I'll admit the time loop comparison is a bit of a stretch though, but the rest is spot on

Oh and sorry about the global warming thing, if I knew it would turn out that way I would have finished Mirai Ni- nah, I actually wouldn't have, let the world overheat :SmallKappa:

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 2:59 AM, Jibril said:

As of the latest ep, Re Zero is in volume 9 which is going to be released around September 23rd. At this point I'm curious on how they're going to end it since it's literally will be in the middle of volume 9... I just can't see them finishing one book in 2 episodes.

They'll end it with a big montage of Felix, duh. And we'll all be happy.

On 9/11/2016 at 7:59 PM, Jibril said:

As of the latest ep, Re Zero is in volume 9 which is going to be released around September 23rd. At this point I'm curious on how they're going to end it since it's literally will be in the middle of volume 9... I just can't see them finishing one book in 2 episodes.

Pretty sure they will just have another cliffhanger. Even though the anime is past the Light Novel that doesn't  really matter too much considering the author of the series is working extremely  close with everyone involved in  the last episode. Then there's the fact that the web novel has already gotten to around arc 6, so they will probably just use some content from the web novel  and then end the episode with a mild time skip. After the Light Novel the end of arc 5 or the middle of arc 6 which will probably be in a couple of years there will most likely be a sequel with the level of popularity it has gotten(I heard the author said he wanted to have a sequel if possible  in interview a couple of months back). It's sad that the anime will end right before arc 4

where Subaru gains most of his powers

Also, non ReZero related, but I just finished Majikoi up to a-2 and Jun was pretty hilarious^

10 hours ago, shuak said:

Pretty sure they will just have another cliffhanger. Even though the anime is past the Light Novel that doesn't  really matter too much considering the author of the series is working extremely  close with everyone involved in  the last episode. Then there's the fact that the web novel has already gotten to around arc 6, so they will probably just use some content from the web novel  and then end the episode with a mild time skip. After the Light Novel the end of arc 5 or the middle of arc 6 which will probably be in a couple of years there will most likely be a sequel with the level of popularity it has gotten(I heard the author said he wanted to have a sequel if possible  in interview a couple of months back). It's sad that the anime will end right before arc 4

Reveal hidden contents

where Subaru gains most of his powers

Also, non ReZero related, but I just finished Majikoi up to a-2 and Jun was pretty hilarious^

I know I am :holo: