Re:zero discussion (and some other non important Summer 2016 anime)

Nosebleed

Well, it's just important to come and say that Re:Zero has gone and fucked me over real good yet again. Fucking Re:Twists.

Did those sect-like fuckers bow to Subaru...? O_O

Also loving how mentally broken and unstable he's getting. Instead of getting for the better, everything in this episode has made him get even worse, deluding himself further that he's the hero of an adventure, and that everyone MUST need his help.

37 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

I've been holding off on watching re:zero so hard because i want to binge it.

I'm probably gonna buy the LN coming out soon.

Is it coming out? My oh my, gotta consider that, too. Although buying this shit from the US is financial torture.

Re:Zero

God, I don't know how much more of Rem dying my heart can take. She doesn't deserve this! Besides that, it looks like Subaru is well on his way down the road to PTSD. As harsh as the writing has been to him, at least it's teaching him something in a rational manner. I just hope something clicks with him soon; this is kinda painful to watch.

:kosame:

Finally got around to watching first episode of Orange, it was alright. The backgrounds are beautiful, but the character art is kind of ugly TBH. The concept with the letters from the future has potential if they play their cards right, hopefully she won't just follow everything they tell her from now on.

13 minutes ago, Barktooth said:

Finally got around to watching first episode of Orange, it was alright. The backgrounds are beautiful, but the character art is kind of ugly TBH. The concept with the letters from the future has potential if they play their cards right, hopefully she won't just follow everything they tell her from now on.

Shoujo art was an acquired taste for me. Not sure how it generally is for others, but it could grow on you too. The character designs in Orange don't really bother me at all. I'm just going off a PV, by the way. Not sure if this is something I want to watch weekly, so I'll probably wait till it's over.

12 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

The anime copied the manga's arstyle, which has that type of character design with wide lips typical of shoujo manga.

Ah I see, I don't really watch Shoujo stuff, so I didn't know this was a typical style.

3 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

Shoujo art was an acquired taste for me. Not sure how it generally is for others, but it could grow on you too. The character designs in Orange don't really bother me at all. I'm just going off a PV, by the way. Not sure if this is something I want to watch weekly, so I'll probably wait till it's over.

Yeah, I'll probably get used to it eventually. Now that I think about it, Chihayafuru had the same character design too, and it grew on me eventually.

Dang, Arslan's first episode already throws a curveball, and makes us think again about the main character...

Does the final scene imply that Arslan might actually be Hermes, the son of the king's older brother? Then, does that make the silver mask guy... Arslan?

Re Zero latest episode is just so so damn UGLY. It's ugliness in it's purity and that amazed me truly.... Looks like this anime will be an AOTY contender if they can keep up the consistent quality on these psychological developments.

As for the rest of Spring... let's see.

Tales of Zestiria the X starts... normal. Glad to see some backstory before Sorey actually got introduced. Ufotable still maintains gorgeous animation and FLOW nailed the opening too but

Did I miss something or are they including Velvet on this anime? Did it went original? Otherwise why does an MC of a game that's not even released appear here?? I'm so confused...

Taboo Tattoo is boring shonen stuff. Let's use the 3 episode rule on this one and see if it can gets better. J.C. Staff got those polished animations for it though.

I actually forgotten to continue reading New Game around half a year ago so I'll probably just continue it from the anime. Really surprised that a 4koma can get this much eyecandy art treatment and a full length 22 episode. Definitely a must watch for me. The OP is catchy too~

Shokugeki S2 first episode starts way too epic. Definitely satisfied with how J.C. Staff handles it.

Oh and ReLife entire season got leaked so maybe I'll try marathon it too....

Taboo Tattoo 1 – Seems like it’ll be a decent watch. Reminds me of worse Index. It was all over the place with its action scenes and humor attempts. 
New Game 1 – Anime girls do anime girl things. Will keep watching. 
Masou Gakuen HxH 1 – It will be complete trash but I’ll keep watch. 

7SprXvhl.png
ReLife – Watch all the episodes. It was alright. 7/10.
Berserk 1 – Looked horrible. Won’t watch anymore. 
Rewrite 1 – Complete trash. Won't even hatewatch. 

Not my thing anime that I sampled. 
Orange 
Tales of zestiria the x

4 hours ago, Jibril said:

Wasn't leaked, comico (the website the ReLIFE webcomic is published in)  released every single episode on their app. The subbed 13 episode release was official and done by Crunchyroll, they themselves said it would happen,

7 hours ago, Jibril said:

Re Zero latest episode is just so so damn UGLY. It's ugliness in it's purity and that amazed me truly.... Looks like this anime will be an AOTY contender if they can keep up the consistent quality on these psychological developments.

As for the rest of Spring... let's see.

Tales of Zestiria the X starts... normal. Glad to see some backstory before Sorey actually got introduced. Ufotable still maintains gorgeous animation and FLOW nailed the opening too but

Reveal hidden contents

Did I miss something or are they including Velvet on this anime? Did it went original? Otherwise why does an MC of a game that's not even released appear here?? I'm so confused...

Taboo Tattoo is boring shonen stuff. Let's use the 3 episode rule on this one and see if it can gets better. J.C. Staff got those polished animations for it though.

I actually forgotten to continue reading New Game around half a year ago so I'll probably just continue it from the anime. Really surprised that a 4koma can get this much eyecandy art treatment and a full length 22 episode. Definitely a must watch for me. The OP is catchy too~

Shokugeki S2 first episode starts way too epic. Definitely satisfied with how J.C. Staff handles it.

Re:Zero was ugly? O.o
Or do you mean that the whole attitude and shit with the MC is ugly in an epic way?

Btw, the studio said that Tales of Zestiria the X will do some changes to the story here and there, although we don't know how big those changes will be. They've introduced Velvet, for example, and they're gonna try to "fix" a bit the Alisha problem they had when they released the videogame. I don't think they can fix it, though, since that problem was way too basic and ingrained in the core of the game's dynamics.

14 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Dang, Arslan's first episode already throws a curveball, and makes us think again about the main character...

Hide contents

Does the final scene imply that Arslan might actually be Hermes, the son of the king's older brother? Then, does that make the silver mask guy... Arslan?

Where's the spoiler tag? meh.

I would've talked to you, but unfortunately i can't, there's no spoiler tag.

13 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Where's the spoiler tag? meh.

I would've talked to you, but unfortunately i can't, there's no spoiler tag.

Wut? Do you mean in the writing tools? I've never found it, so I just type it every time xD

[ spoiler]I'm so sexy though[ /spoiler]

Before the reroll you could directly click on the spoiler icon.

Nah, i don't believe so, what i believe though, is that Arslan is not even of Royal Blood, he may just be a random kid adopted by the king as a substitute to Hilmes, whom i believe is Tahamenay' son.

Also, from that first episode, i love how the political context got more and more complex, now we have 3 Parsian factions, 2 Lusitannian factions and the 2 foreign Realms,and a fight for a mythical sword. 

11 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Before the reroll you could directly click on the spoiler icon.

Hide contents

Nah, i don't believe so, what i believe though, is that Arslan is not even of Royal Blood, he may just be a random kid adopted by the king as a substitute to Hilmes, whom i believe is Tahamenay' son.

Also, from that first episode, i love how the political context got more and more complex, now we have 3 Parsian factions, 2 Lusitannian factions and the 2 foreign Realms,and a fight for a mythical sword. 

And a badass king making a return!