Overwatch Group

ChrisPZT

Super disappointed the way the cosmetics are handled though.  You can get about 1.20 lootboxes an hour(Sometimes less, if you lose as well).  You have a 0.5% chance of obtaining the Skins. (0.05% for Tracers, because Blizzard are greedy fucks.)  You only have 1 chance for an Olypmic item per lootbox.  Super disappointing.  Even if I play 5-6 hours every night in a group during the event, well...

Normally, it'd be fine, but these are limited to 3 weeks - and you can't use Currency. I have 4,200 currency saved specifically for skins and the like I'd want...yet Blizzard...bah.

GzY1rnZ.png

Also, first guy to hit Level 700:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4w4qab/first_world_silver_starlevel_700/

40 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Is anyone else getting disconnection problems?  This is now the third day in a row I've been unable to play several games in a row without it DC'ing me at least once.

Blizzard is getting DDosed hard.

Blizzard just did a ban wave about 3-4 days ago. Right afterwards - the DDos started happening. Just idiot people.

Also, Overwatch is now the fastest selling PC game of all time.

https://pvplive.net/c/overwatch-becomes-the-fastest-selling-pc-game-of-a

http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/4/12382000/overwatch-15-million-players

Pretty impressive. I remember so many people saying this game was going to flop, because Blizzard "Took too long and the hype has died"

• 2 weeks later...

How did everyone place?  I played one really bad game in Season 1 and didn't want to do any more, so I decided to do a full set of placement matches in Season 2.  I got put in Gold, with a Skill Rating of 2,370.  Don't really know if that's good or not, since I don't know what the average Skill Rating is.

I'm sure if I play McCree enough I can bring it down to a nice, even 2,000  :makina:

• 2 months later...

I'm kinda surprised that Blizzard didn't just cave halfway through the ARG and just give us Sombra.  Hopefully they won't needlessly drag things on that long.  I mean, they were teasing her from before they released Ana, FFS.  That said, I'm ready for all the salt her hacking will bring.

By the way, if you play 15 games (game mode or difficulty of AI doesn't matter) of Heroes of the Storm with a friend, you'll get this sweet Oni Genji skinMore info.  I don't even play Genji that much, but I NEED this skin.

3 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

I'm kinda surprised that Blizzard didn't just cave halfway through the ARG and just give us Sombra.  Hopefully they won't needlessly drag things on that long.  I mean, they were teasing her from before they released Ana, FFS.  That said, I'm ready for all the salt her hacking will bring.

By the way, if you play 15 games (game mode or difficulty of AI doesn't matter) of Heroes of the Storm with a friend, you'll get this sweet Oni Genji skinMore info.  I don't even play Genji that much, but I NEED this skin.

I'm saltier about her invis. For once there was a game that doesn't have the dumbest mechanic imaginable in a multiplayer game, and Blizzard ruined it. Invis is the stupidest thing in Starcraft, in Dota, in TF2, and even in LoL from what little I've played, and now Overwatch has it too.

3 minutes ago, Flutterz said:

I'm saltier about her invis. For once there was a game that doesn't have the dumbest mechanic imaginable in a multiplayer game, and Blizzard ruined it. Invis is the stupidest thing in Starcraft, in Dota, in TF2, and even in LoL from what little I've played, and now Overwatch has it too.

Yeah, it was pretty shitty in LoL.  Getting insta-gibbed by some asshole you couldn't see, and couldn't react to, never feels good.  I loathed LeBlanc, and when Kha'Zix was super strong everyone hated both him and the people playing him with a fiery passion (he had invisibility as an ult, jumps that could go over terrain, and he did more damage to people that weren't grouped together).  I hope her overall kit power is set accordingly, because extreme burst capability coupled with invisibility and denial of ability usage sounds like pure cancer.  Here's to hoping she has Tracer's health pool of 150.

Invisibility is kind of a gimmick mechanic, isn't it?

Just now, Zenophilious said:

Yeah, it was pretty shitty in LoL.  Getting insta-gibbed by some asshole you couldn't see, and couldn't react to, never feels good.  I loathed LeBlanc, and when Kha'Zix was super strong everyone hated both him and the people playing him with a fiery passion (he had invisibility as an ult, jumps that could go over terrain, and he did more damage to people that weren't grouped together).  I hope her overall kit power is set accordingly, because extreme burst capability coupled with invisibility and denial of ability usage sounds like pure cancer.  Here's to hoping she has Tracer's health pool of 150.

Invisibility is kind of a gimmick mechanic, isn't it?

It is. At least the way it's done in Starcraft you can at least tell invis units are there, even if you can't target them, and it's still cancer. Whoever was the first to decide that an ability that makes it impossible to see someone (when people get 99% of their information about a game by looking at it) is a good idea in multiplayer wasn't a very smart person.

Just played Sombra in the PTR...she's got 200 HP.  Good news is that if you get the jump on her, she's really easy to kill.  Her gun does more damage than I expected, though, and her invisibility gives her more movement speed, which is kinda stupid, IMO.  Her CDs might need to be messed with so failing to play correctly is more punishing, especially her invisibility, which is only a 6 second CD.

Been trying out Sombra in the PTR as well and in the quick play scenario she is very easy to counter. If you can find her teleport you can set up a trap for her pretty easily and even if not she's pretty squishy. The fact she exits as soon as being hit means she's unlikely to sneak up in middle of a firefight. If anything her main purpose seems to be harass from behind. Her inclusion though means we might be seeing more defense heroes actually being used and likely an increase in winston usage. Honestly when first fighting her people might find her overpowered but over time she becomes semi-predictable. They do need to get rid of her ability to constantly keep respawning health packs though...