Shadowverse

Mugi

Curious if anyone else has tried the game out yet. It's a Hearthstone-esque mobile game that was released recently and they are giving quite a few packs away for free at the beginning if anyone wants to try it out. Takes a bit from Hearthstone, while adding a few new mechanics like evolving units. Personally, I enjoy it more, maybe that's just because it has a more anime-esque art style and I was never a big fan of WoW. Thought it'd be cool if we could get a little community going here, maybe host a small Fuwa tournament or something. 

Yeah, I was looking forward to it. I'm mostly pleasantly surprised. It's very flashy and really goes out of its way to look good, which it does. Getting use to all of the cards and the power level of the game really is daunting tho, it's going to be sometime before people figure out what's broken and all w

Currently mainly focusing on the priest girl, I really like the idea of playing little countdown cards that explode in value in future turns 

The most thing that's currently annoying me is that it's only on mobile for now. My phone is quite shitty and after a few games it gets stuck in the middle of a game, having to close the game and open it all the time is quite the chore...

• 1 month later...

With the introduction of Take Two (this game's arena basically), I've been crazy addicted to this game. Arena is extremely fun, hard to play, and rewarding. Just getting 5 wins can get you up to 350 gold.

I've been slowly moving away from hearthstone and settling on shadowverse. At this point it just feels like an objectively better game to me; better art, more balanced and interesting gameplay, and little to no RNG. I really wish more people would try this game tho, it's gotten little to no attention in the gaming world, other than the occasional dismissal of "weebstone".

1 minute ago, babiker said:

With the introduction of Take Two (this game's arena basically), I've been crazy addicted to this game. Arena is extremely fun, hard to play, and rewarding. Just getting 5 wins can get you up to 350 gold.

I've been slowly moving away from hearthstone and settling on shadowverse. At this point it just feels like an objectively better game to me; better art, more balanced and interesting gameplay, and little to no RNG. I really wish more people would try this game tho, it's gotten little to no attention in the gaming world, other than the occasional dismissal of "weebstone".

I think it will get a little bit more attention once they release the Steam version. It just needs one little push to get into the mainstream, and i'm sure it'll stick. And yeah, I agree that it's better than Hearthstone. I have a friend who keeps trying to tell me its super unbalanced compared to HS, and i'm just like "At least this game doesn't have insane RNG and a 4 mana 7/7".