Knight protagonist or typical Yuusha type

I am currently looking for a manga that has a knighted protagonist, like knighted to a princess or to conviction. Its a pretty specific characteristic so I know it should be hard. I have found nothing this far, but who knows? Maybe someone knows a hidden gem, or one that I just simply missed :9.

If you know a similar case, but not the specific knight thing, I'd be happy to know :).

As far as restrictions, it has to be medieval (not really into futuristic things). Fantasy, love, adventures, action, comedy, whatever extra genre in the manga is appreciated :). (Just for the record, already read most of popular ones, so thats why I'm looking for hidden jems)

Edit: you meant manga. Try the Lodoss mangas, they're filled with knights and D&D-esque things. They're so old you probably haven't noticed them. Also "Eiyuu kishiden" wasn't that good, besides the art.

There was also a quite famous (and old) series about a party of adventurers, but I haven't been able to recall its name. It was from the 90s.

8 hours ago, Okarin said:

Edit: you meant manga. Try the Lodoss mangas, they're filled with knights and D&D-esque things. They're so old you probably haven't noticed them. Also "Eiyuu kishiden" wasn't that good, besides the art.

There was also a quite famous (and old) series about a party of adventurers, but I haven't been able to recall its name. It was from the 90s.

Huh, both sound interesting, I'll check them out. Thanks ^_^

Let's see, neither of these include any princesses or actual knights, but they do include a male who protects the princess and sticks with her in a strange land much like a knight would.

Absolute Witch - A female who's destined to become a witch due to a certain turn of events meets a man who eventually decides to protect her from all harm due to another turn of events.

Kanata Kara - This one fits your restrictions best. The man really acts knightly in all but name.

Those aside, this is a popular one since it has an anime and everything but I loved what I watched of Akatsuki no Yona, and it fits your restrictions to a Tee.

On the other hand, Scrapped Princess stretches your restrictions as far as they go. That's fine though, since it's actually originally a novel and not a manga, it doesn't fit the criteria to begin with. I watched the Anime and enjoyed it. It certainly includes both a princess and knight-like bodyguards.

39 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

Let's see, neither of these include any princesses or actual knights, but they do include a male who protects the princess and sticks with her in a strange land much like a knight would.

Absolute Witch - A female who's destined to become a witch due to a certain turn of events meets a man who eventually decides to protect her from all harm due to another turn of events.

Kanata Kara - This one fits your restrictions best. The man really acts knightly in all but name.

Those aside, this is a popular one since it has an anime and everything but I loved what I watched of Akatsuki no Yona, and it fits your restrictions to a Tee.

On the other hand, Scrapped Princess stretches your restrictions as far as they go. That's fine though, since it's actually originally a novel and not a manga, it doesn't fit the criteria to begin with. I watched the Anime and enjoyed it. It certainly includes both a princess and knight-like bodyguards.

I've seen akatsuki no yona, but the other ones sound pretty cool. I'm actually hype from your description xD

If you allow anime, then check out The Vision of Escaflowne (1996), a totally recommended 26-episode show. It features a full-fledged knight as one of the main characters. All the more interesting, because he's shown to have blemishes and a human side too, he's nowhere near a perfect character.

You can also check the Escaflowne manga(s), but I'm afraid they're not nearly as good.

I know little about Kanata Kara, only a magazine review back in the day, but it always seemed an interesting manga. Try it.