Yuri Visual Novels

Lewycool

This thread is about discussing Yuri and Shoujo Ai Visual Novels that are being translated or are going to be translated

This thread is for Yuri and Shoujo Ai lovers alike so we can discuss about Yuri and Shoujo Ai Visual Novels

This main post is going to be links with either projects to translated Yuri and Shoujo Ai Visual Novels or projects that are going to translated Yuri and Shoujo Ai Visual Novels.

I will also link Yuri/Shoujo Ai Visual Novels that are on Fuwanovel

The Yuri/Shoujo Ai Visual Novels I've found on good old Fuwanovel:-

Lonely Yuri

Amaranto

Aoishiro

From the Sono Hanabira series:-

In order

A kiss for the Petals

A Kiss For The Petals - My Dear Prince

A Kiss For The Petals - Joined In Love With You

A Kiss For The Petals – Beloved Photograph

A Kiss For The Petals - The Joy Of Loving You

A Kiss for the Petals - Whisper With A Kiss

A Kiss For The Petals - Sweet Enchanting Kisses

A Kiss for the Petals - Petal-Colored Angel

There are 8 Sono Hanabira 's TL

In progress:-

A Kiss for the Petals - Sweet Grown-up Kisses Translation done -- Editing and Patching

A Kiss for the Petals - Lily Platinum 55% done

Yuri Visual Novels that are not on Fuwanovel:-

Hakuisei Renai Shoukougun being translated by claymoresmiley Twitter: claymoresmiley

Hanahira Being translated by tengutrans

Sengoku no Kuroyuri Being translated by Thompson Christian School Translating Club Twitter: AlmiraTheGreat Aaeru's post (Warning has futanari)

Katahane Translated by Ate the Moon Translations & TLWiki

Limit Panic! Being translated by another School Translating Club Twitter:AkiraBishonen

Okujou no Yurirei-san Translating being done by Yuri project : Project discussion

Hakuisei Renai ShoukougunTranslating being done by Yuri project : Project discussion

I will Edit this Post will be updated when I find more Yuri Visual Novels

Love the list, I'm a big yuri fan :)/>

Are you just going to list translated VN?

I like that Idea and shall do that.

Most of the people only look for translated Vn's and I myself can't speak/read Japanese.

But just tell me any Yuri VN's And I will be sure to post them.

http://vndb.org/v7301

Hakuisei Renai Shoukougun Re:Therapy (AKA White Robe Love Syndrome AKA Shirokoi) is being translated by yours truly. You can get updates on my progress by following @claymoresmiley on twitter.

Good to know, I seen your thread and I was very happy that another Yuri VN was in the process of being translated.

It's a shame not so many Yuri VN get translated. I wonder why?

Good to know, I seen your thread and I was very happy that another Yuri VN was in the process of being translated.

It's a shame not so many Yuri VN get translated. I wonder why?

To be honest there's just not that many to choose from. Yuri and girls' love has nowhere near the market in Japan that yaoi and boys' love has. Pretty much any good one that comes out gets snatched up by someone to translate... it's just that there are so few 100% yuri games that even a list of the best ones seems pathetically small.

Got me excited there for a minute until I read the word "futanari". Not my cup of tea...

Sigh. It's so hard to find any good vanilla yuri nowadays. Even in anime.

Damn you fujoshi!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Yuri novels have never really appealed to me. Maybe i'm just used to the regular format of vns, or that im just fresh to vns (1 year). I'm read some really positive opinions of people that like yuri on here, so i'm curious. I'm thinking of trying it out (after i'm done with my pending stuff).

What's the appeal of yuri to you? How different is it to regular boy x girl, are the stories better in someway? Is it the appeal of seeing two girls loving and ecchi-ing each other?. Is the romance better or deeper in someway? 

Anyway since this thread is for discussing yuri and shoujo ai, i figure i'll ask you'll, the fans. 

Yuri does indeed offer quite a different type of story to normal eroge. First off, you have a female protagonist, which makes things quite different right off the bat. You can get a bit of a fresh and new protagonist, without the totally overused traits you see in every male protagonist ever. They also usually have voice acting, which is very nice.

The games have a new type of humor opened up to them with a pure female cast, which is a breath of fresh air as well.

In my opinoin, the romance tends to be better, yes. (Now, this part really is just pure subjective opinion.) I feel like yuri romance is a lot sweeter, and a lot deeper most of the time. (Sadly, a lot of the translated yuri titles tends to be nukige, or short, plotless stories. But even in these cases, I really like the romance more often than not. If you want more lengthy stories with more depth, you have to move into the untranslated side of things.)

A lot of the time, yuri stories will be pure love stories, and not a plot driven story with romance on the side. This can be both a negative and a positive point, depending who you ask. It opens for a lot more time to develop the romance, and a lot more character development/ growth, but at the same time, it can get boring as there is usually nothing but slice of life moments, which can get tedious if you aren't a fan of that.

My favorite part about yuri love stories tends to be the, "when do they move from friends to lovers" stage. It's usually really sweet and enjoyable, and much better than standard boy x girl romance.

Also, lastly... although it's a really shallow reason, yuri H-scenes tends to be great. (If you are like me, you are tired of the "please, if it hurts too much, please tell me. No, it's okay protagonist-kun, I want to become one with you." Blergh ...)

It really does come down to prefrences though. If you don't really have an interest in girl x girl romance, then you probably wont enjoy yuri, (obviously.)

32 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Yuri does indeed offer quite a different type of story to normal eroge.

That answered alot of questions i had about yuri vns. It does sound appealing if the variations are as you said. If i have a feel for a romance story, it'll be nice to get into the thick of it without wading through heavy plot-lines.

I do get sick of how one dimensional the dialog is, in vns when it comes to the romance of boy x girl. The same lines, the same ecch scenes can get tedious and dull to read through. Ok! i'll give it a shot.

I'll try out Kindred Spirits, I think Decay was raving about it on VNTS when it came out lol, a lot of people seemed to like that one and i do like longer vn lengths. 

Thanks for explanation, it helped!

• 2 weeks later...