AX 2016 - VN Bingo

Maxel

1 hour ago, Veshurik said:

So, Sekai Project said that they will announce something about 18+ version of Maitetsu, Wagahigh and other titles on AX. What's about that? 

They said they ran out of time, and had to reschedule it to another con. I asked why it had to be a con announcement, and dovac said "because Japan."

10 minutes ago, Decay said:

They said they ran out of time, and had to reschedule it to another con. I asked why it had to be a con announcement, and dovac said "because Japan."

You can just feel their enthusiasm for 18+ releases oozing out of them. "Oh right, we were supposed to talk about that, weren't we? Whops! :mare: "

Meh, at least that sounds better than, "sorry, won't happen." There is still a shred of hope there I guess. 

6 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

You can just feel their enthusiasm for 18+ releases oozing out of them. "Oh right, we were supposed to talk about that, weren't we? Whops! :mare: "

Meh, at least that sounds better than, "sorry, won't happen." There is still a shred of hope there I guess. 

What do you expect from a group of amateurs. Honestly, I am surprised these companies want to localize through Sekai

Should've put SakuSaku instead of Koiken, I still remember how akerou harshly denied my statement about him working for SP with Sakusaku.

VGNPDmx.png

Almost guys, almost. Somehow Baldr get licensed, what a strange world we're living in. Show them how much you love Baldr Sky announcement by liking/RTing:

Most notable VN titles announced:

Sekai Project (WINNER)1

Baldr Sky Dive1 (EGS: 90 VNDB: 8.64)

Baldr Sky Dive2 (EGS: 90 VNDB: 9.12)

SakuSaku (EGS: 71 VNDB: 7.80)

Boku to Koisuru Ponkotsu Akuma (EGS: 78 VNDB: 7.61)

Frontwing (Runner-up)2

ISLAND (EGS: 85 VNDB: 8.50)

Mangagamer (Runner-up)2

Maggot Baits (EGS: 82 VNDB: 7.78)

SukiSuki (EGS: 77 VNDB: 7.68)

Dal Segno (EGS: 70 VNDB: 7.95)

Degica (Runner-up)2

KimiNozo (EGS: 88 VNDB: 8.00)

JAST

----

As you guys can see, for me SP won AX, thanks to them everyone will be able to enjoy Baldr officially, via Steam (and hopefully via Denpa) Hands down to them, even if it's Aroduc's fanTL being used by SP (this guy deserves some recognition and appreciation for all his work! kudos to him) Chasing right behind Baldr we can see ISLAND along with KimiNozo, both are considered great visual novels. The worst panel award (if we can call it that) has to be given to JAST. It was probably the worst panel at AX in years (at least they've given free lube)

8 minutes ago, Maxel said:

As you guys can see, for me SP won AX, thanks to them everyone will be able to enjoy Baldr officially, via Steam (and hopefully via Denpa) Hands down to them, even if it's Aroduc's fanTL being used by SP (this guy deserves some recognition and appreciation for all his work! kudos to him) Chasing right behind Baldr we can see ISLAND along with KimiNozo, both are considered great visual novels. The worst panel award (if we can call it that) has to be given to JAST. It was probably the worst panel at AX in years (at least they've given free lube)

IMO the two traditional VN localisers (JAST and MG) had the worst titles to be announced. Sekai and Aksys had the announcements which most intrigued me.

25 minutes ago, Decay said:

Maybe if you guys want an 18+ version, you could very politely ask for it directly from the source.

Although this sounds like a completely pointless and futile effort, looking at the way Frontwing was able to convince Akabei Soft2 into allowing the 18+ patch for Sharin no Kuni because of the fan feedback, everything is possible I guess.

It still does frustrate me that Sekai Project doesn't fight more for 18+ releases though. (Using the same example as above, SP put all the blame on Akabei Soft2 for the censorship of G-senjou, and yet Frontwing made an 18+ patch happen in a few weeks with the same company... Although they might have a bit of an edge being a fellow Japanese VN company, it pretty much does tell us that SP didn't do everything they could. If they did, I'd be able to look at Shiratori's boobs in English :wafuu: )

Of course, a Baldr Sky release, censored or not, is freaking hype. The rest from SP doesn't interest me.

Baldr Sky, Maggot Baits and Suki Suki is my top 3 from the announcements. (The way Clephas butchered Island really made me lose interest in it. Will still play it though, but my hype kinda died a while ago.)

2 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

It still does frustrate me that Sekai Project doesn't fight more for 18+ releases though. (Using the same example as above, SP put all the blame on Akabei Soft2 for the censorship of G-senjou, and yet Frontwing made an 18+ patch happen in a few weeks with the same company... Although they might have a bit of an edge being a fellow Japanese VN company, it pretty much does tell us that SP didn't do everything they could. If they did, I'd be able to look at Shiratori's boobs in English :wafuu: )

Sharin no Kuni is also a crowdfunding project, and Akabeisoft2 had to be weary of fans refusing to back it due to the lack of 18+, torpedoing the whole thing before it got off the ground. While g-senjou wasn't crowdfunded, AS2 had no incentive there.

3 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Although this sounds like a completely pointless and futile effort, looking at the way Frontwing was able to convince Akabei Soft2 into allowing the 18+ patch for Sharin no Kuni because of the fan feedback, everything is possible I guess.

Sekai Project has been trying to get fans to express their desires more in an organized manner for ages, and even still everyone just claims it's a futile and resort to petty snipes on random message boards. The fact of the matter is that it's not futile, and never has been. If enough people let the people making the decisions know that an 18+ version is desired, then the chances of it happening are actually way higher.

5 minutes ago, Decay said:

Sharin no Kuni is also a crowdfunding project, and Akabeisoft2 had to be weary of fans refusing to back it due to the lack of 18+, torpedoing the whole thing before it got off the ground. While g-senjou wasn't crowdfunded, AS2 had no incentive there.

This really is just grasping at straws though.

If whether their crowdfunding campaign will make it or not rests on an 18+ patch and they know it, shouldn't that mean G-senjou would have sold more with an 18+ patch as well?

If someone explained that to them, (... like Frontwing, Mangagamer or pretty much any company other than SP ), things would probably have gone differently. That's kinda my point. SP didn't fight as hard as they said they did.

That's a thing of the past now, but it does make me worry for future 18+ releases where the Japanese company is a bit unsure at first.

5 minutes ago, Decay said:

Sekai Project has been trying to get fans to express their desires more in an organized manner for ages, and even still everyone just claims it's a futile and resort to petty snipes on random message boards. The fact of the matter is that it's not futile, and never has been. If enough people let the people making the decisions know that an 18+ version is desired, then the chances of it happening are actually way higher.

You mean by making a thread on their forum saying "do you want an 18+ release?"

Yeah those clearly worked.

Of course people want the whole game uncut! That should be obvious! We shouldn't have to scream in their face in order to get the damn game the way it was originally intended, that's the problem with Sekai Project's thinking.

4 hours ago, Dergonu said:

This really is just grasping at straws though.

If whether their crowdfunding campaign will make it or not rests on an 18+ patch and they know it, shouldn't that mean G-senjou would have sold more with an 18+ patch as well?

If someone explained that to them, (... like Frontwing, Mangagamer or pretty much any company other than SP ), things would probably have gone differently. That's kinda my point. SP didn't fight as hard as they said they did.

That's a thing of the past now, but it does make me worry for future 18+ releases where the Japanese company is a bit unsure at first.

Contrary to other VN localisation companies, Sekai concedes and gives up when they don't see any other option. If the Japanese company doesn't want to release 18+ content then Sekai just wont, whereas other companies might have a fallout with that particular company and ruin any chances of eventual localisation of other titles, 18+ or otherwise.
I see this as a good thing.

Take this very example: Sekai localised G-Senjou but failed to secure an 18+ version. The game didn't sell very well* (not necessarily because there was no 18+ version but that's irrelevant). AkabeiSoft makes a second attempt with Frontwing, and they prepare a kickstarter. The first thing that happens is fan outcry at the lack of an 18+ version. At this point, not only are they in negotiation with Frontwing, a fellow Japanese company, they're doing a kickstarter, where fan opinion makes or breaks a project, and they also have a precedent: The all-ages localisation of their previous title didn't sell well, despite the alleged fanbase they had in the west.
You must admit at this point that Frontwing had quite a bit more cards to negotiate with than SekaiProject.

Going back to my initial point, let's assume SekaiProject tried again**. Since they accepted AkabeiSoft's terms there's no bad blood, and they've even been partners before! Whereas Mangagamer or Jast may have failed to secure a deal even the first time around, SekaiProject could continue trying to localise their titles: at worst, they never manage to bring out 18+; at best, they eventually convince the company using the previous game's sales figures or some other factor.
Even if we never get the official 18+ releases, it is odd to assume one localisation company would be able to magically attain an 18+ version whereas others could not. Frontwing, which pulled off the magic, was and is in a considerably favourable position compared to just about all of the other localisation companies.
And there's always fan patches to add the H content back in if worst comes to worst. If we're in a community who translates entire VN's from scratch, where's the issue with a simple H-Scene patch?

I will concede, however, that given all I said, it is probably best that Frontwing (or some originally Japanese localiser) attempts to localise an 18+ title where the Japanese company is averse to the notion, as opposed to Sekai, because we never know what Frontwing may be able to pull off, but Sekai pretty much guarantees we only get all-ages if the Japanese company so wishes it.

*My entire argument hinges on G-Senjou selling relatively poorly. I currently have no facts to back this, nor do I know where to find them, only that I have this impression from presumably reading it somewhere (I think SP's head made a comment on twitter about it). If someone knows where/how I could go about confirming or denying this, that'd be just fantastic.

**It is entirely reasonable to assume that, if a title had poor sales due to the all ages version or what have you, a Japanese Company may be reluctant to release another title in the West or via SP. That's where they pull off their trump card: Kickstarter!
It reduces/negates quite a few of the risks, permitting a second attempt to be made. Again, look at Sharin no Kuni's localisation efforts.

6 hours ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

Hopefully fan TLs being bought-out don't get ripped off, I have a sneaking feeling they get paid far less than they should for the work they had put in.

that´s not what i´m primarily concerned by.
personally i´ve got no problems with fan-projects going pro if it´s the groups own desire/wish for, but i´m feeling rather conflicted about the possibility of publishers in general actively trying to get their hands at licencing titles, that have a promising translation going on, with the sole intend of somehow emotionally blackmailing its members to join the ride officially, almost like saying "you better work with us or feel the consequences and let your thausands of hours of work go waste", so they bend under the pressure and finally give in. sure its a legit buiseness practis from a legal point of view, but this doesnt make any less morally & ethically questionable.

2 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

Snip

That does make a lot of sense. There really is no way for us to know the specifics around what happened with Sharin no Kuni and G-senjou, so I won't try to beat that dead horse.

I'll admit, there is the chance that they honestly did put in everything they had into getting the 18+ patch, (SP that is,) and still failed. Then came Frontwing who simply had an edge with the crowdfunding and with them being a fellow Japanese company. We'll probably never know for sure though.

Still, personally, I like the way of thinking that Mangagamer and JAST has. No 18+, no deal.

Honestly, a cut game is nowhere near as enjoyable as an uncut game. I know H-content is often trivial, and sometimes completely "pointless", but it's still something that was originally put in there, and now it is missing. I can't enjoy a game the same way when I know that is the case. Especially when it comes to games where the actual dialogue was changed because of mature language. These cases are rare, but it happens, and it is extremely frustrating.

When the Japanese companies look at the western market now, they will see Sekai Project sitting on their censored releases, and will probably be more inclined to approach them, should they want to approach one of the companies on their own. (If this is a company that is initially leaning towards an all-ages steam release.)

However, if all three companies operated in the same manner," we won't make a deal unless there is an 18+ patch", I'd like to think that this would make Japanese companies more willing to release 18+ patches in the future. Because of that, I'm still not a big fan of Sekai Project's way of handling 18+ releases.

Of course, I have to add, any release of a VN in the west is still better than nothing, and I tend to buy even the games I won't play right away. (Bought Clannad on release, still haven't played it and probably never will :makina: )

It's just that a game with its original content is much more appealing to me.

18 minutes ago, XReaper said:

that´s not what i´m primarily concerned by.
personally i´ve got no problems with fan-projects going pro if it´s the groups own desire/wish for, but i´m feeling rather conflicted about the possibility of publishers in general actively trying to get their hands at licencing titles, that have a promising translation going on, with the sole intend of somehow emotionally blackmailing its members to join the ride officially, almost like saying "you better work with us or feel the consequences and let your thausands of hours of work go waste", so they bend under the pressure and finally give in. sure its a legit buiseness practis from a legal point of view, but this doesnt make any less morally & ethically questionable.

Unfortunately, fan translation is in rather the grey area where they've simply no right to translate a title. Every fan translator should be keenly aware that their work may face a Cease and Desist order at any time. From this point of view, the localisation is actually giving them an opportunity for their work to be shared with the world, and they even get paid for what was initially a thankless job.

If it never got licensed none of this would be an issue, though. But if it never got licensed, you must admit, the original developers would not be duly compensated for making the VN in the first place.

12 minutes ago, Rooke said:

You're ignoring that fan-translations are morally and ethically questionable in the first place (if they don't have the permission of the creators.) 

I was going to start my reply with that, but then I remembered throwing oil in fires is something old people do.

10 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

That does make a lot of sense. There really is no way for us to know the specifics around what happened with Sharin no Kuni and G-senjou, so I won't try to beat that dead horse.

I'll admit, there is the chance that they honestly did put in everything they had into getting the 18+ patch, (SP that is,) and still failed. Then came Frontwing who simply had an edge with the crowdfunding and with them being a fellow Japanese company. We'll probably never know for sure though.

Still, personally, I like the way of thinking that Mangagamer and JAST has. No 18+, no deal.

Honestly, a cut game is nowhere near as enjoyable as an uncut game. I know H-content is often trivial, and sometimes completely "pointless", but it's still something that was originally put in there, and now it is missing. I can't enjoy a game the same way when I know that is the case. Especially when it comes to games where the actual dialogue was changed because of mature language. These cases are rare, but it happens, and it is extremely frustrating.

When the Japanese companies look at the western market now, they will see Sekai Project sitting on their censored releases, and will probably be more inclined to approach them, should they want to approach one of the companies on their own. (If this is a company that is initially leaning towards an all-ages steam release.)

However, if all three companies operated in the same manner," we won't make a deal unless there is an 18+ patch", I'd like to think that this would make Japanese companies more willing to release 18+ patches in the future. Because of that, I'm still not a big fan of Sekai Project's way of handling 18+ releases.

Of course, I have to add, any release of a VN in the west is still better than nothing, and I tend to buy even the games I won't play right away. (Bought Clannad on release, still haven't played it and probably never will :makina: )

It's just that a game with its original content is much more appealing to me.

That is certainly a matter of personal preference, and I have no objections to your opinion. I, too, often feel the H-Scenes are missing when they aren't there, even though I don't actually read them in the first place :komari:

If all companies acted on the same principles, though, there will surely be a handful of titles that we'd never get because a Japanese Company may simply be sufficiently stubborn to never acquiesce and localise the 18+ version. I think variety and balance is the key. With companies like Jast and Mangagamer who will focus on 18+, with companies like Sekai, who will take anything they can get their hands on and hunt for the little doujin guys, and even Japanese companies doing their own (and others'!) localisation jobs, we're surely well-set for a somewhat stable future for VN's in the West.

14 minutes ago, Rooke said:

You're ignoring that fan-translations are morally and ethically questionable in the first place (if they don't have the permission of the creators.) 

never said the opposite, but behaving like an asshole, just because the groups in a legal pinch doesnt make it seem right. like i already mentioned, no problems from my side if whoever wants to go pro or sell their works to whomever for whatsever reason there may be, but i just cant come on good terms with (partly big) companies taking advantage of a amateur groups situation, regardless if those are getting paid later on, or not.

11 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

this would most probably lead to 1)less games being brought over Or 2)the jp-devs going solo themselves, with a good possibility of them NOT doing the 18+ version either 

14 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Honestly, a cut game is nowhere near as enjoyable as an uncut game.

That varies from title to title and it depends what is cut. This is because a reader of a story will never experience that story the way the creators originally intended - it's been cut, changed, and hacked into countless times. And if you're talking about novels, plenty of times it's not the author initiating changes.

So another cut won't make a difference just because 'oh no, something's now missing'. Plenty of stuff is no longer there. It's only worth commenting on if the cuts in question detract from the story or from the user experience, imo.

EDIT: Though if cuts are performed, some effort should be made to smooth over the narrative, at least.

38 minutes ago, Rooke said:

That varies from title to title and it depends what is cut. This is because a reader of a story will never experience that story the way the creators originally intended - it's been cut, changed, and hacked into countless times. And if you're talking about novels, plenty of times it's not the author initiating changes.

So another cut won't make a difference just because 'oh no, something's now missing'. Plenty of stuff is no longer there. It's only worth commenting on if the cuts in question detract from the story or from the user experience, imo.

EDIT: Though if cuts are performed, some effort should be made to smooth over the narrative, at least.

Well, this is not what I meant. What I meant is, someone else has a version of the game with more content that I do, and I cannot obtain that content in the desired language, because of the censorship.

Even if this content is merely a 15 minute H-scene, it's gone and that frustrates me.

That was my point with that statement. I didn't mean things lost in translation, editing etc. I'm strictly talking about VNs that were translated but had content left out that can still be found in the original version.

42 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

That is certainly a matter of personal preference, and I have no objections to your opinion. I, too, often feel the H-Scenes are missing when they aren't there, even though I don't actually read them in the first place :komari:

If all companies acted on the same principles, though, there will surely be a handful of titles that we'd never get because a Japanese Company may simply be sufficiently stubborn to never acquiesce and localise the 18+ version. I think variety and balance is the key. With companies like Jast and Mangagamer who will focus on 18+, with companies like Sekai, who will take anything they can get their hands on and hunt for the little doujin guys, and even Japanese companies doing their own (and others'!) localisation jobs, we're surely well-set for a somewhat stable future for VN's in the West.

Yeah, very well said. That is a good point.

Of course, it would suck if titles like Baldr Sky would never ever come over here, simply because all three companies who can pick them up refuses due to there being no chance of an 18+ patch :P

Still, I'd like to think that a bit more pushing from the western companies can make the Japanese developers reconsider.

It is like you said though, we do have a pretty good setup right now. Soooo many games are on the way, and a lot of them are big releases a lot of people look forward to. (Some of which are actually being translated by the Japanese companies themselves.)

The western market is growing, and that is really great to see.

(Now all we need is some more animated boobs in the games brought over here, and we'll be happy )

1 hour ago, Baldur said:

And im pretty sure that they just cut them out without even replacing them with new CG/Story.

I really dont like this approach from japanese companies that we are getting less content.

But at least there is hope that some talented Fuwa's will offer a patch :rimu:

This was all around fantastic. I could hardly be happier. Just need to conjure up the money to go throw at them. I think @Rooke was saying something about mailing me free money?
Let's write down some first impressions since the last ones went back in time... to the future? Not quite sure.

Spoiler

I'm counting only the VN's. The means yes to VN's with gameplay, but no to gameplay titles with lots of text.

MANGAGAMER

Bocchi Musume x Produce Keikaku
I like Otome games. All I've played thus far I've liked (even those with 20 hours stat-management and 1 hour story). What I haven't played, though, are Otome games with H-Scenes.  To focus on that part, I believe it'll be interesting to take on the perspective of the girl*. Furthermore, this will be sure to give some focus to the males. They'll even have faces!
To focus on something else, the premise sure ain't interesting me. I'm all for the anti-social heroines, I actual prefer such archetypes, but the 'modelling' situation is something I simply hate. Fashion, modelling, and popularity encompass some of the things I hate the most in real life, and this on occasion transitions to anime and VN's. I doubt it'll be badly handled: If the heroine goes from an anti-social to one of those popular idiots then this VN will be worth putting to the stake.
Finally, the art. From what I've seen, not all that big of a fan. The green (black?) haired guy in particular. Of course, the art has never been a deal-breaker to me, so it shouldn't matter much.
*The closest I've come to was Gahktun, and in an unfortunate turn of events I didn't like the H-Scenes there all that much.

Will definitely read at some point in time.

Maggot Baits
Rather disturbing, quite indeed not my thing. For starters, it's probably dark: I'm not a fan of dark plots or settings. Secondly, the H-Scenes are of no interest to me, though I doubt I'd be traumatised for like were I to read them. Thirdly, it doesn't seem to be a romance or a comedy. If I have no interest in the story, and it's not a romance or a comedy, then it's not worth reading. Would make the list of VN's I'll never read in my life even if paid for it.

Skipping.

Watashi ga Suki nara "Suki" tte Itte!
A moege, seems super popular, a quick search on the internet shows they have plenty of "pillow-talk" CGs, and a strange and innovative confession system. This VN has everything possible to make it good. The confession system will be fun to try out once -- I'll probably badly mess it all up. From the moment this seemed to be a moege it was guaranteed that I'd at least try it. If there were a downside to this, some heroines seem to have grossly oversized bosoms, but thankfully that's something one gets used to after years in the medium.

Definitely reading it.

D.S. -Dal Sengo-
I am a fan of the developer and their previous games. Despite never having finished either of the Da Capo games (or the anime), I'll gladly try out their new title. There's even a Suginami look-alike in this one! Things are looking good.

Will try it at some point.

Hadaka Shitsuji
As much as I may like butlers, I don't have the courage to try out this title. Not only have I little to no interest in Yaoi, this title is even fairly hardcore in the genre. No interest/10

Skipping.

JAST

Katahane
Will buy it due to having read the fan translation. It's fantastic, by the way. Particularly the segment in the past. Made me cry many a tear, probably for all the wrong reason.

Eiyuu*Senki
Seems to be some sort of gameplay title. Looks mighty interesting. I may be bad at gameplay titles, but I still enjoy them quite a bit, so I'm fairly excited. Looking forward to playing it in 10 years.

Will try out.

Princess X ~Boku no Iinazuke wa Monsterkko!?~
There's nowhere near enough info to form a proper opinion on it, but I'd say it looks kind of like a nukige? Not very interested in the concept either.

Will likely skip.

Sweet Home ~H na Onee-san wa Suki Desu ka?~
Seems like a nukige too. As far as they go I don't dislike the premise all that much, but I'll probably end up skipping it.

Will likely skip.

FRONTWING

Island
I've played things like Remember11 and enjoyed them. Island seems to be more than a simple moege, so I'll probably have to see how it is... I'll like wait for reviews and whatnot.
Still, it's by Frontwing, has comedy and routes, and I don't particularly care that Clephas disliked it. This VN has all it needs to be good: The amount of Romance or what the Story is about will likely decide whether I like it or not. In all likelihood, I'll play it even if reviews bash the living hell out of it.

Will likely read.

ASKYS

They're either localising console games, which I won't play :komari:, or porting over other games to PC which I've already played, technically. So there isn't much for me to comment on.

DEGICA

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
I've had my eye on this for ages. Having been one of the few that liked Muv-Luv: Extra, and also loving the premise of the anime I never watched in hopes of an eventual localisation of its VN, I am ecstatic! There's just one problem... I don't remember why I was so hyped for this VN back in the day, only that I was. Thankfully, hype alone will fuel my purchase. It's a romance title anyway. It's obvious I'll at least like it.
Strangely, though, and I never say this about pretty much anything, I think this title is showing its age...

Will definitely read.

SEKAI PROJECT

Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki
Having played the common route and one actual route of the fan translation, I can say I'm really excited for the VN. Not the best thing I've played but it did have all the romance I wanted out of it in the route I did play. It also includes a student council, which I like. To expand on it, I actually read this title's H-Scenes, and that is somewhat rare. I probably read 3/10 H-Scenes if I were to do an average. Really felt the love on this one and that was fantastic.

Will definitely read.

Boku to Koi Suru Ponkotsu Akuma.
Nobody's really talked about this one but I'm excited. Seems like a moege, and I couldn't ask for more. Looking at the developer's other VN's, and even this one, they seem to have a knack for making character expressions rather... expressive, by employing chibi-like tricks. I really like this sort of expression, so that'll be good. Just look at that OP, has all the chibi I could ask for.
There's also the possibility it could be a nukige, and if so, they fooled me well enough for me to read through it. Even if I end up skipping 50% of it.

Will definitely read.

Baldr Sky
Not actually all that interested. I still don't get if it's supposed to be a gameplay title or what, but if it is a gameplay title, it certainly doesn't look interesting to me. Reminds me of... Muv-Luv Alternative, I guess, without the endearing characters to coerce me into playing a Sci-Fi dark story full of Mechs. I'll wait for reviews and information before making an uninformed decision. For now, not particularly interested.

Will probably skip.

Let's score the companies, why don't I?

Mangagamer: 3/5

Sekai Project: 2/3

JAST: 2/4

Degica: 1/1

Frontwing: 1/1

Mangagamer wins in amount I like, ties with Sekai Project in most interesting titles and Sekai Project wins in accuracy: That is, out of total titles how many I'm interested in.

That makes for a grand total of 8 titles I'm interested in. This is incredible! Astonishing! Fantastic! Brilliant!
There was a time where localisation companies wouldn't announce 8 titles in a whole year! To think of how far its come, VNs in the West...

23 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

Boku to Koi Suru Ponkotsu Akuma.
Nobody's really talked about this one but I'm excited. Seems like a moege, and I couldn't ask for more. Looking at the developer's other VN's, and even this one, they seem to have a knack for making character expressions rather... expressive, by employing chibi-like tricks. I really like this sort of expression, so that'll be good. Just look at that OP, has all the chibi I could ask for.
There's also the possibility it could be a nukige, and if so, they fooled me well enough for me to read through it. Even if I end up skipping 50% of it.

Will definitely read.

Boku to Koi Suru Ponkotsu Akuma is a nukige, just saying before you hope for some amazing, fluffy romance. :P

Granted, if you think sex is part of fluffy romance, then by all means play it!

3 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

Boku to Koi Suru Ponkotsu Akuma is a nukige, just saying before you hope for some amazing, fluffy romance. :P

Granted, if you think sex is part of fluffy romance, then by all means play it!

It can be a part of it, yes, if they include various scenes leading up to it*. They certainly seem to have plenty of CG's... Why do you say it's a nukige?
I'll play it either way. They've already won me over but I'd rather like to know what you're basing your claim on.

*See, Wanko to Kuraso, for instance. I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd call it a nukige, but I really really enjoyed it regardless. One of my favourite VN's.

Edited by Tiagofvarela