AX 2016 - VN Bingo

Maxel

Thanks for the info @Nosebleed @TheFantasm @kyrt

I hate stuff being cut out of complete games but i have been eager to play Baldr Sky so i guess i just have to settle for whats given then. It's still kinda annoying though.

Well its still early and i'm assuming that the title would probably be slated for next year. I hope they have an 18+ patch announcement by then.

What's quite interesting is that there is at least one more big title that has not been announced that one of these companies probably has a license for since Conjuror is waiting on one of them to announce the title he's working on. I doubt it's a Light title but I wouldn't be surprised if it were an August or other big title.

18 minutes ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

So, for Sakusaku - are they going to retcon the loli and sister routes? Or leave it in and just cut the CGs? Seems like a risky move - esp. after that Yojo simulator scandal they had to apologize for~

Mainstream attention isnt exactly accepting of either type of heroine.

EDIT: Forget it, i'm just salty. I'd rather SP hurry the fuck up with Grisaia and get it done, rather then pick up a million other projects~ I mean, it's nice to have a lot to look forward to, but.....

Hopefully fan TLs being bought-out don't get ripped off, I have a sneaking feeling they get paid far less than they should for the work they had put in.

By all accounts, SP pays better than MG and JAST. And I very highly doubt they're going to retcon anything. Also, SakuSaku was already confirmed for having an 18+ release. And finally, none of these additional projects affect Grisaia in any way, that team is set and has no other work within Sekai Project.

2 minutes ago, kyrt said:

What's quite interesting is that there is at least one more big title that has not been announced that one of these companies probably has a license for since Conjuror is waiting on one of them to announce the title he's working on. I doubt it's a Light title but I wouldn't be surprised if it were an August or other big title.

Maybe it’s an Eushully title :3

… No? Oh okay :( 

3 minutes ago, kyrt said:

None of these companies have that title, Conjueror's project is an "independent" release being published by the original Japanese publishers. And that's probably why it hasn't been announced yet, they aren't very savvy with this kind of thing.

15 minutes ago, Crayten said:

Nothing is confirmed yet that Baldr Sky 1/2 is Steam only. They only said so far that dont have any infos about the 18 version so just wait a while

Don't be so certain. All the other titles they announced (SakuSaku and Sayori's other game) say they will be available on Steam AND Denpa. This is the only one that strictly says Steam, so that's already a bad sign.

And as people mentioned, it doesn't seem like GIGA is too keen on cooperating when it comes to 18+ content sooo...

43 minutes ago, Decay said:

None of these companies have that title, Conjueror's project is an "independent" release being published by the original Japanese publishers. And that's probably why it hasn't been announced yet, they aren't very savvy with this kind of thing.

A major independent huh? Type-mo (gets dragged off into the dark before he can finish the sentence)

Just now, Nosebleed said:

Don't be so certain. All the other titles they announced say they will be available on Steam AND Denpa. This is the only one that strictly says Steam, so that's already a bad sign.

And as people mentioned, it doesn't seem like GIGA is too keen in cooperating when it comes to 18+ content sooo...

Crayten isn't certain. He's literally saying that people should be less certain about this. It's still a big unknown. At the panel, they said they literally do not know whether or not there will be an 18+ release yet. The deal still seems to be in progress. They only know Steam for sure so that's all there is on their site.

1 minute ago, Decay said:

Crayten isn't certain. He's literally saying that people should be less certain about this. It's still a big unknown. At the panel, they said they literally do not know whether or not there will be an 18+ release yet. The deal still seems to be in progress. They only know Steam for sure so that's all there is on their site.

I expect the worst tbh.

I just remembered a question I had about Aokana. In the last VNTS someone asked @Tay about why he didn't remove Aokana from the update and he said he left it there on purpose and that they did a little 'digging'. If my memory serves me right. [Can't recheck now because of the rollback].

Does that mean that someone is secretly translating it or it got licensed? or you'll can't comment further on it? 

21 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

I just remembered a question I had about Aokana. In the last VNTS someone asked @Tay about why he didn't remove Aokana from the update and he said he left it there on purpose and that they did a little 'digging'. If my memory serves me right. [Can't recheck now because of the rollback].

Does that mean that someone is secretly translating it or it got licensed? or you'll can't comment further on it? 

Tay talked to Ren and I guess Ren assured him that the translation project is still active. He just doesn't want to deal with the constant questions so he decided to remove all reference of it from his site.

...Which seems like a pretty unwise thing to do if you want to dodge attention, but oh well.

So no, it's neither a secret project or an official license. It's still just the same project. Make of that what you will.

Well, it's Ren fault anyway. I agree that what Ren did will just earn more contempt to him instead of he was got less attention. Well, if he was suffering depression just like I guess, it's understandable that he couldn't thinking clearly here. Either way, the only way to patch (No pun intended) this was either Ren release Aokana full translation patch or apologize if he couldn't did it.

47 minutes ago, Decay said:

So no, it's neither a secret project or an official license. It's still just the same project. Make of that what you will.

Hmm i see, I have to admit after Tays post i had a minuscule hope that someone licensing it could be possible. Since it's the same project, I'll expect nothing from it. No hostility here though. The handling of this particular project has always seemed a bit iffy to me, so I never placed any hope on it. 

Thanks for the info! At least i have a clear answer now.

Oh, and good luck with Dracu-Riot! :sachi:

6 minutes ago, BookwormOtaku said:

So will the KimiNozo translation be for the 18+ version? Just need to be sure :unsure:

I hope so. It probly will as I believe Muvluv is getting an 18+ release. By the way, thanks for posting the links guys. I wonder if this will also have a Kickstarter.

2 hours ago, Decay said:

I expect nothing. As should everyone, really. It would save you all a lot of salt.

I always expect the worse, that makes the few times when something is actually better than predicted sooo much sweeter. I would be less worried about Baldr Sky if there was already a preexisting "all-ages" version in Japan. If this turns into another If my Heart had Wings....