AX 2016 - VN Bingo

Maxel

Sekai Project also announced A Magical High School Girl game but uh not really a vn so I'm pretty much ignoring it. 

They have apparently two more announcements:

Boku to Koi Suru Ponkotsu Akuma. Suggoi Ecchi!

and 

Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki

9 minutes ago, kyrt said:

Sekai Project also announced A Magical High School Girl game but uh not really a vn so I'm pretty much ignoring it. 

and 

so that means that Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki fan tl will be stopped?

For last announcement, with regret I must inform that SakuSaku got licensed by Sekai. Well, even though I looking forward to it, there's already some suspicion regarding that though. Although I imagine that 4chan reaction will quite colorful (If you knew what I mean) to akerou I guess.

19 minutes ago, kyrt said:

and 

Ok I am interested in both of these. Was hoping MG would partner with Palette, I know they were considering it at one point. Are these going to be Kickstarter?

3 minutes ago, TheFantasm said:

With that Dovac tweet a few days ago alluding to picking up Fan TLs I assumed it would be a toss-up between Koiken Otome or Saku Saku. Welp

The Koiken Otome team allready said some time ago that they wont make a deal with their fan tl.

Interesting enough but does anyone else think Sekai Project is becoming the new JAST in terms of announcing titles and releasing titles? Let's s see exactly how many years it takes them to release Baldr Sky Dive1 and Dive2 (if they go the kickstarter route though it will probably be released faster...not sure how I feel about that though). It hopefully will release with full content, hell hopefully everything they've announced to be releasing will release with an optional all ages and 18+ version. Get as much of the audience as possible with as few kickstarters as possible. I'm a bit disappointed about a lack of a status update on a bunch of titles but that might just be I missed them since I started watching at the start of the announcements.

1 minute ago, kyrt said:

Interesting enough but does anyone else think Sekai Project is becoming the new JAST in terms of announcing titles and releasing titles? Let's s see exactly how many years it takes them to release Baldr Sky Dive1 and Dive2 (if they go the kickstarter route though it will probably be released faster...not sure how I feel about that though). It hopefully will release with full content, hell hopefully everything they've announced to be releasing will release with an optional all ages and 18+ version. Get as much of the audience as possible with as few kickstarters as possible. I'm a bit disappointed about a lack of a status update on a bunch of titles but that might just be I missed them since I started watching at the start of the announcements.

No. Jast is still the Jast of the VN industry. SP releases quite a few games per year, not all of them VNs, but still far more output than Jast. 

Just now, Nosebleed said:

Hopefully it also comes to Denpasoft...otherwise fuck GIGA. I've realized there's no point getting angry at Sekai Project for these type of things because it's obvious it's the companies. JAST fell out with GIGA because of the need for uncensored CGs...it's why more Japanese companies like Sekai Project. They are not demanding mosaic free and some demand no 18+ version which Sekai Project is perfectly happy with accepting and it makes it so they can sell their products without concern. I still want the 18+ version of games and if a game originally had an 18+ version and doesn't then I will not buy one unless it has a patch. 

It seems though that these visual novel companies are realizing that they can sell the 18+ version as  patch for additional money for those that want it so I imagine we will begin seeing more 18+ releases simply because the patch system seems to be working well enough for other games on Steam.

So, for Sakusaku - are they going to retcon the loli and sister routes? Or leave it in and just cut the CGs? Seems like a risky move - esp. after that Yojo simulator scandal they had to apologize for~

Mainstream attention isnt exactly accepting of either type of heroine.

EDIT: Forget it, i'm just salty. I'd rather SP hurry the fuck up with Grisaia and get it done, rather then pick up a million other projects~ I mean, it's nice to have a lot to look forward to, but.....

Hopefully fan TLs being bought-out don't get ripped off, I have a sneaking feeling they get paid far less than they should for the work they had put in.

Just now, DharmaFreedom said:

Can someone enlighten me, Is the 18+ content add a lot to the story? Is it an essential part of what makes Baldr Sky so wanted by the community? 

I doubt it. I think it's more people not wanting stuff cut out of a VN that doesn't already have an all-ages version.

1 minute ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Can someone enlighten me, Is the 18+ content add a lot to the story? Is it an essential part of what makes Baldr Sky so wanted by the community? 

As far as I've heard, the 18+ content isn't particularly relevant in this title.

5 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Considering I tend to skip h-scenes in vns anyway it has more to do with the fact I don't believe in censorship as it probably does with everyone else. Don't get me wrong if the game doesn't have 18+ I'll still read it I just won't care about supporting it when it first comes out.

Also if you check the twitter page SakuSaku and boku to koisuru ponkotsu akuma are both confirmed to be coming to Steam and Denpasoft. It definitely seems like Sekai Project is trying to get Denpasoft more games. We don't know about Baldr Sky because of how recent it was...hopefully people ask the question again at Otakon. If they are to be believed then they just found out Friday-ish and don't know themselves yet. We also likely do not know if it will be a kickstarter or not.