AX 2016 - VN Bingo

Maxel

I hope Mangagame have plans to translate more otome and BL games.

Here it's my top 3 otome games I hope Mangagamer have picked up.

1. Ai no Uta
  2. Angelique Etoile
  3. D.C. Girl's Symphony ~Da Capo Girl's Symphony~

and here it's my top 3 BL games I hope Mangagamer have picked up.

1. AM 2:00 ~Neko to Tsukiyo no Buranko~
  2. Angel's Feather
  3. Gakuen Heaven: Boy's Love Scramble!

4 hours ago, Decay said:

Hmmm...

I never noticed this. You sometimes see companies use language like this when they're actually like a month away from announcing it, but yeah, I guess this puts more points in favor of Ero Manga, fewer in favor of Maggot Baits. "Eroge!" was really successful for MG so them licensing more stuff along those lines that wouldn't be unexpected at all.

Of corse they "have no plans"... They have yet to announce it... This doesn't mean anything.

I'm hoping for a good otome game, hopefully Ozmafia sold well enough for Mangagamer to localize another title. But, a good story based vn like The House in Fata Morgana would be great too. I've played Tokyo Babel's demo and it was pretty good, definitely a step above the stuff I usually play. I'd like to see something like that as well. However, Sekai Project seems to bag a lot of big name titles but I don't know how they choose which ones they localize since they seem kind of unpredictable(?). 

Interesting........news I guess. Surely if it's come true later I think 4chan once again will had colorful reaction, and if it's come true then Koiken Otome translation team should beware with DDoS attack to their site from angry fan I supposed. Well, let's see it if the 'announcement' from 'Dovac' was true or just some troll was too bored and decided to cure his boredom by did that (Note that I'd use quotation there).

Okay, for the topic of this thread, I think I'm not in the mood for speculation here. So, I decided to look forward to Saturday (Indonesian time of course) later for AX announcement.

12 hours ago, Kawasumi said:

then im pretty sure its gonna be fraternite, so you can hate on that instead @ChaosRaven, arent you happy?

I just stated the facts, nothing more. If you're unhappy that MG currently doesn't have plans for MB then send them a complaint, but don't let your anger out on me.

At least they made a clear statement this time. In other cases like BaseSon, Caramel Box or Navel they just shilly-shally around, dropping hints and in the end just showing you the finger anyway.

And believe me, if I'd make a real hate post it would look 'slightly' different.

7 hours ago, TheFantasm said:

BaX23a7.png

Welp

6 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Interesting........news I guess. Surely if it's come true later I think 4chan once again will had colorful reaction, and if it's come true then Koiken Otome translation team should beware with DDoS attack to their site from angry fan I supposed. Well, let's see it if the 'announcement' from 'Dovac' was true or just some troll was too bored and decided to cure his boredom by did that (Note that I'd use quotation there).

Okay, for the topic of this thread, I think I'm not in the mood for speculation here. So, I decided to look forward to Saturday (Indonesian time of course) later for AX announcement.

99.99% chance that everything in that image is pure bullshit. C'mon guys, don't get trolled so easily.

10 minutes ago, Decay said:

99.99% chance that everything in that image is pure bullshit. C'mon guys, don't get trolled so easily.

Yeah I figured that out after seeing the Translation Status thread on Reddit, where a QCer on the team said he didn't know anything about it getting picked up.

Okay, to be honest I'm slightly worried about that (Koiken Otome of course). But then again there's still no official announcement yet. Note that once again I'd use quotation and if, mean I'm still not sure about it yet, and if I may said I also could do the same thing (Posing as Dovac I mean). Better slightly cautious for this one I think.

I remember ACF saying that he would release whatever's done immediately if he heard it was being licensed. Well i'm fine with translation teams releasing stuff whenever they want. They took up the project so they're free to do what they want with it. If they get paychecks out of it, well that's great for them. They did the work. 

Thinking about Fan-translation teams, it'll be great if everyone just chilled out and supported them positively. If their translations are poor, veterans here give them positive criticism so they can improve. They may drop a project, or get licensed or take a long time to do it, at least they're attempting to bring something to us. For free. Without any real effort from us (i refuse to count checking for updates as real effort :sachi:).

Disclaimer: I'm not targeting this at anyone here, its just something that came to mind now so i just wrote it down. It is just my opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone in any way at alll:wafuu:

Hooray, another rollback. I suppose it gives us an opportunity to summarise the most important announcements of AX in a neat couple of posts. Happy days, so here we go.

Aksys is bringing to the West:

ae3caca929357d568e2ea761e5b87e4b.jpg

A truly excellent game, by all accounts. Also

CmeCyXqXgAAjmRJ.jpg

And

CmeEfn1W8AAkSCt.jpg

They are also bringing out the Code: Realize fandisc. Cue rejoicing by otome fans.

Now, to protect this post from nefarious experimentations from the Powers that Be, I will require a few unwilling sacrifices. Don't worry, I haven't sharpened my sacrificial dagger for many a year and so the pain will be truly excruciating ...

Woooo, rollbacks...

To elaborate on what has been announced so far:

MangaGamer

JAST

• Katahane - Half yuri, half bishoujo, half political drama. HD upscale of the original with additional content.
  • Eiyuu*Senki - Strategy VN hybrid, previously translated for consoles, JAST will be bringing over the PC version, uncensored. 
  • Princess X - Monster girls.

Frontwing

• Island - Highly acclaimed, from the writer of Himawari. Translation may not have even started yet, don't expect this for a while.
  • More Grisaia Spinoffs - More slice of life stuff. One of them looks like a Hatsumira crossover?

Aksys Games

• See Rooke's post above for Otome stuff
  • 999/VLR confirmed for Steam release
  • XBlaze Lost: Memories also coming to Steam.
  • Extended edition of Tokyo Twilight Ghosthunters

Sekai Project Announcement #1: Shining Song Starnova

lol Starnova's description... When seven worst idols are cut from their production company, it falls on you, Mr. Producer, to bring them back together for one last chance at stardom.

apparently Love n Space has ditched the attempt at english voice acting in their games...not sure how I feel about that. Honestly the panel is quite cringey so far but the one saving grace is Love n Space does do H-versions and apparently via patreon it's been confirmed to be as such. It could be decent I guess?

Announcement #2: Baldr Sky Dive1 and Dive2 (it's happening...likely censored and kickstarter)

2 minutes ago, kyrt said:

Sekai Project Announcement #1: Shining Song Starnova

lol Starnova's description... When seven worst idols are cut from their production company, it falls on you, Mr. Producer, to bring them back together for one last chance at stardom.

apparently Love n Space has ditched the attempt at english voice acting in their games...not sure how I feel about that. Honestly the panel is quite cringey so far but the one saving grace is Love n Space does do H-versions and apparently via patreon it's been confirmed to be as such. It could be decent I guess?

Nothing I am interested in. I don't see the issue with not having an English cast is when it's a Japanese game.