Summer Anime 2013 Season

Ryoji

Genshiken is amazing, the throwbacks and stuff are really the big thing about it. Its a bit like Bakuman in that sense. I love it as a series though.

I watched the older ones, which were okay. But, none of them made me really laugh until this season. The first episode with all the Sue parts was awesome.

I'm watching Genshiken I see other people are watching it too

To understand what was going on I watched Genshiken older season and to be honest I prefer the older seasons..

oh, and Sue best girl!

3HO1e.jpg

This scene, oh god this scene made me laugh so hard I choked on my water. I just wasn't expecting the slap/punch

3HO3h.jpg

Monogatari Second Series is such a weird show. On the one hand, I hate what they did to Tsukihi's hair. On the other hand, it continues to surprise me with plot developments

Danganronpa is entertaining, but stupid. Just don't like how the show has been adapted I suppose. It hangs on to too much of it's video game quirks.

• 2 weeks later...

So far this season:

Free ep 1-3: It's not bad. I mean, it's KyoAni. Yet sticking moe archetypes on male character feels really out of place, and there's that sensation that I'm not at all in the target audience. Probably will drop soon.

Fate/Prisma Illya 1-4: Now I didn't expect anything from this but it's not bad. Something between CC Sakura and Nanoha with Fate characters, the overall animation and design is pretty good. Nothing really more than enjoyable though. Will follow.

Kiniro Mosaic 1-4: Cute & enjoyable. If it keeps recycling the same jokes and situations till the end I'm not going to keep up though.

Gin no Saji 1-3: Pretty good. It's fun and it changes from the usual school SoL, and it's even informative!

Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou 1-3: Not sure where this is going. Ep 1 had a catastrophic writing but interesting elements, now it got better yet I feel like this won't do anything great.

Love Lab 1-4: I liked first episode a lot, very dynamic and fun, good animation. Now it seems to already have exhausted its repertory of jokes, I hope it'll keep up but...

Monogatari S2 1-4: See Nisemonogatari? Same thing. It lacks stuff compared with Bake, but has some fanserv and the monogatari style that keeps hooked.

WataMote 1-3: Pretty much like the manga, except I don't like how they make it even more emodark. I like it.

Uchouten Kazoku 1-4: Probably the only anime that stands out a bit this season. A really good writing, and an excellent episode 4: I have some hopes. Still not groundbreaking but good.

(Dropped:)

Fantasista Doll 1-2: Yeah... no... I used to be a diehard card game player, I like mahou shoujos too but... There's nothing even remotely interesting in this...

Kimi no Iru Machi 1-3: Shoujo adaptations are scarce and usually pretty good. There was a good staff too, so I gave it a shot, but I can't seem to get into the story.

Servant x Service 1-2: Got bored too fast.

And a few animes that I dropped at ep1 or earlier.

Yeah, overall, it doesn't seem like a great season. There are a few things I haven't tried, but... waiting for that awesome Fall lineup.

Episode 5 of Monogatari is just outstanding, and one of the best 24 minutes I've seen Shaft put together. Everything came together for one of the greatest Monogatari episodes yet.

Gatchaman is still my favorite show by far. Watamote is alright. Certainly funny, but not for comedy. I feel bad at the end of every episode, so it's almost not enjoyable.

I follow a lot of new anime every season (almost all), and I have to say it's hard to pick a favorite this season. Free!, Gatchaman Crowds, Gin no Saji, and Highschool DxD New are in a tie in being my number 1 favorite. Free! is perfect in almost every aspect, as expected from KyoAni. I'm not familiar with the Gatchaman franchise before, but Gatchaman Crowds has a really unique art style and I like it very much. Story's pace is taking it easy, and the characters are really lovable (Hajime is a cutie!). Gin no Saji is a nice relaxing anime to watch, sometimes it makes you laugh and one thing that I like is that it's a high school anime that doesn't have much romance (yet?) and the story focuses on Hachiken's harsh but hilarious school life in an agriculture school. Highschool DxD New (and the previous season) is probably the best harem series I've ever watched. Honestly, I picked up this series a few months ago because my bias Yuki Kaji is on the cast list as the main character, and it didn't disappoint me to the tiniest bit. They clearly used their budget on the animation pretty damn right, the story has some actual sense and not just blatant fanservice every single minute, and all characters have interesting image and later development (except Kiba but not until season 2).

Dangan Ronpa The Animation is also really good, I can't understand why people dropped it because of the pink blood censoring, or I think it's because I've been a fan of the DR franchise since the anime hasn't announced. I mostly read the LP, but I've played the game a bit, and I like how they animated the school trial, and the execution scenes. Only, I kind of don't like how they made their eyes sparkly in the anime.

Dangan Ronpa The Animation is also really good, I can't understand why people dropped it because of the pink blood censoring, or I think it's because I've been a fan of the DR franchise since the anime hasn't announced. I mostly read the LP, but I've played the game a bit, and I like how they animated the school trial, and the execution scenes. Only, I kind of don't like how they made their eyes sparkly in the anime.

Having not played the games, I'm enjoying it a lot. I thought the censored pink blood was actually a stylized choice and liked it. It added to the catoonish feel which for some reason, works very well in my eyes.

Bad season up now... I've even been watching other series instead the ones tat are up now, already finished kimi nomi no shiru sekai to watch this 3rd season lets see how it is...

Episode 5 of Monogatari is just outstanding, and one of the best 24 minutes I've seen Shaft put together. Everything came together for one of the greatest Monogatari episodes yet.

Gatchaman is still my favorite show by far. Watamote is alright. Certainly funny, but not for comedy. I feel bad at the end of every episode, so it's almost not enjoyable.

You know Watamote gives me the creeps, every chapter I watch I fell ashamed...

Wow, just wow. i just saw the 6th episode of Fate Kaleid Prisma Illya, and the second half of the chapter was the best part of the anime so far.

I just love Illya with archer's aspect, she's really cool. I also prefer the personality she has as archer

With episode 7 of Monogatari, one of my favorite volumes has started. Shinobu and Hachikuji (But mostly Shinobu) fans rejoice for this arc leads to, in my opinion, some of the best character development, and sets up one hell of a plot.

And potentially some tears... the plot build up will lead to more tears as well in the next arc or two.

Watched the latest Monogatari episode. I already can tell, I'm going to love the hell out of this arc, and not just because of Hachikuji (though that is a major reason why).

Gatchaman Crowds still remains my favorite, and is quickly becoming one of my favorite anime I've ever seen.

In regards to Monogatari:

It's not the fact that the world can't hold Hachikuji without getting destroyed. It's more like a story can't really continue without its protagonist especially when it has a harem. Just think of School Days, the anime. The second that the protagonist can no longer have a harem... things get violent and bloody.

Oh and a treat for Hachikuji fans next episode (probably).

Anyways, REALLY looking forward to the next episode. This arc is reaching its climax. I'm a little disappointed about the recent episode though. The LN goes a lot deeper into the conversations that Araragi and Shinobu have, which are both pretty funny and really cute/sweet. I wanted to see the two just talk, but they didn't really focus on their conversations much in this episode. They only went through the necessary plot points. Still, any time Shinobu is on the screen, I'm happy.

We pretty much reached the point in the season where I feel like picking up shows I dropped very early or never started.

What are you guys' opinions on the followings?

*Gatchaman Crowds

*Danganronpa

*Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou

*Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

*Kimi no Iru Machi

We pretty much reached the point in the season where I feel like picking up shows I dropped very early or never started.

What are you guys' opinions on the followings?

*Gatchaman Crowds

*Danganronpa

*Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou

*Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi

*Kimi no Iru Machi

i think both kamisama no inai and gatchaman worth a try

WataMote is definitely my favourite this season. As far as I'm concerned it doesn't betray the manga in any major way. And sure it makes me feel bad and all but I think that's what I like about it.

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi has positively surprised me. And I guess I liked Shingeki no Kyoujin but I got curious and read the manga so now I guess I kind of dropped it. Genshiken, I feel, isn't as good as previous seasons. Or at least it isn't as true (whatever I mean by that).