Summer Anime 2013 Season

Ryoji

Watched a few episodes of some summer anime and...well haven't gotten into anything yet. Guess it's time to take out the secret weapon. Monogatari Second season...damn it I wanted to wait till it finished airing BUT I CANNOT RESIST Q_Q

Just watched episode 1 of Gatchaman Crowds. I think I have my favorite show of the season so far. Great style, fun characters, and just a bizarre show in general making it a ton of fun to watch.

Episode 2 of Danganronpa was more of the same with the plot finally moving forward. It really makes me want to play the game though. Even without playing it, I can tell this is pretty rushed.

Caught back up a bit so time to write it up.

Neptunia episode 1 was everything I imagined it would be. The plot seems to be mirroring Neptunia Victory, maybe with a bit of mk. 2 mixed in in regards to the Uni- Nepgear scene. Plenty of fanservice, plenty of chuckles, and very good animation. Certainly just like the game in that its bad, yet still good.

Monogatari Season 2 episode 2 was awesome. Already I'm enjoying it more than Nisemonogatari. As much as I love the Fire Sisters, seeing this Hanekawa- Senjougahara relationship evolving is a lot of fun to watch. I'm also a fan of the "new and improved: Senjougahara.

Love Lab episode 2 was more of the same, well timed comedy. I'll end up watching the full season. Huggy best man.

Attack on Titan episode 14 really regained that shows footing. The new opening isn't all that bad, and is a nice change. The new ED is awesome though. I dare say the show has better ED themes than OP. Also, the fact I'm talking more about the OP and ED ought to tell you how I feel about the show. It's no longer on the "great" level.

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou episode 2: Okay, it's just a dark magical girl show with a Higurashi art style. Not a fan of magical girl, so it's going to need to give me something. More of the brutal scenes from episode 1 would keep me going.

And finally, I rounded things off by starting Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu a week late. Fun little show. I keep seeing it compared to Girls und Panzer, which I didn't see. But a show about over the top airsoft being played by cute girls is fine by me. Plus, the comedy is pretty good.

You are a great person. +50 ;D

It's my new guilty pleasure. Bless KyoAni for animating Free!

We are clearly the coolest people in this thread XD <3

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou episode 2: Okay, it's just a dark magical girl show with a Higurashi art style. Not a fan of magical girl, so it's going to need to give me something. More of the brutal scenes from episode 1 would keep me going.

Didn't realise this was going to be a darker show.. adding it to my watch list!

Alright, I'm beginning to fall behind so its nearly time to cut some shows off. And by that, I mean add them to the backlog, never to be seen again for 10 years.

Safe: Neptunia, Monogatari, Danganronpa, Gatchaman Crowds,

Likely Safe: Love Lab, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou, Uchouten Kazoku

Danger Zone: Watome, Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou

As for shows that are still being decided on: Kiniro Mosaic, Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu

No show is going to be dropped at least until next week (3 episode rule), but this is how I'm leaning at the moment.

So far I've looked at Dog and Scissors, Gatchaman Crowds, It's you guys fault im not popular, and the chronicles of the going home club. I think I'll continue following Dog and Scissors. I love the art of Gatchaman Crowds but from the first episode I feel like ima be just seeing the same thing as Vivired sept with different art ._. Definitely keeping Its you guys fault im not popular on my list. Seeing a girl in that situation is pretty entertaining, and the way she copes with things os hilarious. As for the Going Home club...the second episode was KILLING ME. As in it kept trying to drag on the bird joke and I just...I WAS LOSING MY MIND. I WAS LIKE OMG SAY SOMETHING ELSE PLLLLEASE. Might drop just might. But I'm pretty merciful.

There are a few animes I'm on the peak of watching. Like monogatari, but I'm really trying to keep myself from watching it till its finished. I've heard some good things about Free, so I might give it a chance one day. But other than that this season for me is a bit lacking. Good thing I have some suggestions I can look into so I don't think I'll get bored. However my SoL tanks are kinda craving. I need some good old real romance. But I guess for now Hanasaki will suffice. I'm watching one to two episodes a day so it'll last me a week or two.

Neptunia, oh Neptunia. How I hate and love thee. The over the top fan-service and disturbing themes make me want to hate you. But your subtle game references and funny humor (and Uni) make me love thee.

Also, Gatchaman Crowds in a bit. I'll edit this after watching.

Genshiken Nidaime is surprisingly good. I didn't have much expectations, but it's filled with throwbacks and references to other anime especially the Bakemonogatari series.

Genshiken is amazing, the throwbacks and stuff are really the big thing about it. Its a bit like Bakuman in that sense. I love it as a series though.