Summer Anime 2013 Season

Ryoji

Well I have to say, Kiniro Mosaic is by far the cutest show of the season. I went into it with zero expectations but found myself smiling the whole time. Love it. Definitely my wifes favorite of the season

Uchouten Kazoku was meh, love the art but the story is a little confusing. Will have to wait and see how it goes. Going to watch Blood Lad now

EDIT: Blood Lad is pretty much what i expected. Meh

Well I have to say, Kiniro Mosaic is by far the cutest show of the season. I went into it with zero expectations but found myself smiling the whole time. Love it. Definitely my wifes favorite of the season

Uchouten Kazoku was meh, love the art but the story is a little confusing. Will have to wait and see how it goes. Going to watch Blood Lad now

EDIT: Blood Lad is pretty much what i expected. Meh

Stop liking shows. My hdd can't keep up

Stop liking shows. My hdd can't keep up

Batman, you should know by now that I watch every show that airs. lol

Just watched Fantasista Doll. Moe Overload, i think im going to like this one a lot. Pretty cool story, but we will have to wait and se ehow it turns out.

EDIT: Makai Ouji - Devils and Realist = BAD. Such a ridiculous plot with stupid characters. Not sure im going to watch another episode of this anime.

Makai Ouji - Devils and Realist = BAD. Such a ridiculous plot with stupid characters. Not sure im going to watch another episode of this anime.
i'm getting a huge "boys love" vibe from this show... and it's not even subtle about it. don't think i'mma watch any more either.

it is super cute, but the really bad 3d animation is throwing me off... I've sat through bad 3d animation before, but it still bugs me. will watch anyways, I guess I just feel like complaining.

no comment on blood lad yet.

OK, watched Highschool DxD episode 1? check

Good animation? check

Continuation from last season? check

More boobs in first 3 minutes then in every other show this season ? check

yeah ecchi and fan service in abundance with this one.

EDIT: OK just also watched the nico nico stream of Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya. My teeth hurt from all the sweet moe overload in this show. Nothing too special so far but im going to keep watching. Cant....resist......the........cuteness......

OK, watched Highschool DxD episode 1? check

Good animation? check

Continuation from last season? check

More boobs in first 3 minutes then in every other show this season ? check

yeah ecchi and fan service in abundance with this one.

EDIT: OK just also watched the nico nico stream of Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya. My teeth hurt from all the sweet moe overload in this show. Nothing too special so far but im going to keep watching. Cant....resist......the........cuteness......

I'm gonna have to work out some sort of schedule to watch all this glorious new stuff.

yeah, quite a few shows that are watchable. A couple stand outs that ill probably end up buying. (who am I kidding ill be buying at least 2 of these for sure)

Kiniro Mosaic and Love Live are on my must watch list

Alright, knocked out some more shows just now.

Kiniro Mosaic: Cute, but cute is only going to go so far for this type of show. 3 episode rule in effect

Uchouten Kazoku: Kouji Kumeta, I've missed your character designs. Very interesting premise. I'll prolly end up sticking with this show all season.

Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou: Seems like Higurashi mixed with Madoka Magica. I'll stick around a bit for this one.

Love Lab: I didn't want to like this show. I really didn't. But now I like it and I'm stuck with it for the next 12 weeks.

I don't know if I like you anymore Batman....

I kind of feel the same way tbh. the 3d animation used is pretty poorly done. the english, while done better than most shows, sounds broken half of the time. it's cute, but cute only goes so far. I don't think i'll finish this one either.

this season seems to be overly cutesy. so far i'm not really liking it. I like cute every now and then, but i'm still overloaded from chiho.

2qnp55h.png

watched the first episode of fantasista. this one is... ridiculous? yea, ridiculous seems a pretty fair description.

Seems like I'm the only one who got interested in Servant x Service. I got it from Commie. I hadn't really heard anything about it except that it was based on a 4-koma manga and was about a civil servant office. I got a few good laughs from it. Some of the humor wasn't all that funny, but got me smiling nonetheless. Yamagami-san was kinda cute, though that's not really the show's appeal. I'm not sure yet if I'll stick with it in the long run, but I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode. It felt more or less like "The Office" meets anime.

I kind of feel the same way tbh. the 3d animation used is pretty poorly done. the english, while done better than most shows, sounds broken half of the time. it's cute, but cute only goes so far. I don't think i'll finish this one either.

...... I am so disappointed in you Eldin.

Maybe it's the Grandfather in me(yes I am a grandfather) but it just makes me smile. I find it refreshing to watch an anime that doesn't rely on ecchi or fan service, it's an anime that the kids can watch and learn about friendship or accepting someone for being different. To me, that's pretty damn rare now a days.

I was asked earlier why I watch anime, it's for little gems like this one that come and surprise you. I had zero expectations going in and was pleasantly surprised. I will be buying this one for my granddaughters.

Cute, innocent, with a positive message?? Love it!!!

There's more to anime then action or fan service!!

Going fine with the anime this season, tried Rozen Maiden (thinking that it's a remake), but extremely confused and just found out that it will be the adaptation of the first series of the manga......

Watched Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou which seems to be interesting, so I will probably stick with it. The same goes with Kiniro Mosaic.

Watched Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku, and I think it is not bad for a light humor.

Danganronpa is probably one of my favorites this season, though I haven't really tried the VN yet, as I'm afraid of spoilers.......Going to try Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi. Is Love Lab good, by the way?

Going fine with the anime this season, tried Rozen Maiden (thinking that it's a remake), but extremely confused and just found out that it will be the adaptation of the first series of the manga......

Watched Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou which seems to be interesting, so I will probably stick with it. The same goes with Kiniro Mosaic.

Watched Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku, and I think it is not bad for a light humor.

Danganronpa is probably one of my favorites this season, though I haven't really tried the VN yet, as I'm afraid of spoilers.......Going to try Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi. Is Love Lab good, by the way?

Love Lab is very funny. One of the better comedies this season

...... I am so disappointed in you Eldin.

Maybe it's the Grandfather in me(yes I am a grandfather) but it just makes me smile. I find it refreshing to watch an anime that doesn't rely on ecchi or fan service, it's an anime that the kids can watch and learn about friendship or accepting someone for being different. To me, that's pretty damn rare now a days.

I was asked earlier why I watch anime, it's for little gems like this one that come and surprise you. I had zero expectations going in and was pleasantly surprised. I will be buying this one for my granddaughters.

I am fine with disappointing you this once. if I was reading it manga style, I would probably enjoy it a lot more. the animation and broken English killed it for me though, I barely finished the first episode :(/>

If I were to finish the show, I would have to watch it muted. I've sat through shows with lolsy 3d before, but that English is just... meh. the shy blonde girl is absolutely adorable though, in the show's defense. (I don't remember names ever T_T)

going in, i'm fairly sure that one of the goals of the show was to help with learning the English language, but some of those lines were just so cheesy I felt like I was going to get heartburn on top of the toothache.

I am fine with disappointing you this once. if I was reading it manga style, I would probably enjoy it a lot more. the animation and broken English killed it for me though, I barely finished the first episode :(/>/>

If I were to finish the show, I would have to watch it muted. I've sat through shows with lolsy 3d before, but that English is just... meh. the shy blonde girl is absolutely adorable though, in the show's defense. (I don't remember names ever T_T)

going in, i'm fairly sure that one of the goals of the show was to help with learning the English language, but some of those lines were just so cheesy I felt like I was going to get heartburn on top of the toothache.

Did you even watch the full episode?? The English girl is now in Japan and speaks Japanese.

Meh anyway, I respect your opinion Eldin. Even though I think your judging the anime a bit harshly, it's your opinion. I just hope you will give it a couple more episodes before dropping it.

If not, it's all good. But I think you'll be missing out.

Did you even watch the full episode??

I tried, I tried really hard...

if what you say is truth, i'll give episode 2 a shot. I really don't think I can finish the first though.

as I said, the only two problems I had with the show are the bad English and the goofball 3d art. 3d art I can handle. 25 minutes of borked English I cannot. if the borked English is gone, I could probably enjoy the show.

I tried, I tried really hard...

if what you say is truth, i'll give episode 2 a shot. I really don't think I can finish the first though.

as I said, the only two problems I had with the show are the bad English and the goofball 3d art. 3d art I can handle. 25 minutes of borked English I cannot. if the borked English is gone, I could probably enjoy the show.

While I can't promise there won't be the occasional Engrish all the characters are in Japan now and the English girl spoke only Japanese at the end of the episode.

Also most of the bad 3D was because it was in England. Which would of cost a lot to animate right. Just look at the K-on movie's budget.

It isn't a bad show. And like I said, its cute. However, there have been other shows that did cute and held my interest more than this did. I'm sticking around for a few more episodes because I'm hoping something in it will hold my interest. Maybe a goal that brings the friends closer together or something. If it turns out to just be more episodes like the first episode, I'll be dropping it. I've got 900 other things that I'd rather do than watch the same thing happen (which I feel a show like this is in danger of doing, repeating the same sort of events over and over)

Tonight, I'll be watching Blood Lad and Servant x Service.