Summer Anime 2013 Season

Ryoji

GITS: Arise is really good. Can't wait to see the other movies in this series. Really really liked #1.

Yeah just watched it today - you're right. I'm sad that it's released in movies (and only an hour in length); would have loved for a complete season of the stuff. But the animation was pretty snazzy and the major was bad ass as usual!

Damn, I thought that Bakemonogatari Season 2 was going to start next week, but it's starting tomorrow. I was planning on watching all the prior episodes before watching the new season. Looks like I have to marathon nisemonogatari and nekomonogatari: kuro today.

Ok, just saw episode 1 of Danganronpa. yeah, not impressed at all.

Generic characters and art that looks like it belongs on the Disney Channel. Seriously WTF?

All the hype on this one and I felt like it was geared towards 12 year old kids. As for the plot, ill reserve judgement untill I can watch a bit more. I hope it gets better, I really do. I thought this was going to be a more adult show based on the premise. But now Im just hoping im not going to be VERY disappointed.

Ok, just saw episode 1 of Danganronpa. yeah, not impressed at all.

Generic characters and art that looks like it belongs on the Disney Channel. Seriously WTF?

All the hype on this one and I felt like it was geared towards 12 year old kids. As for the plot, ill reserve judgement untill I can watch a bit more. I hope it gets better, I really do. I thought this was going to be a more adult show based on the premise. But now Im just hoping im not going to be VERY disappointed.

This is truely a shame, also I am trying to not read the spoiler while quoting this :P

And just watched Danganronpa episode 1. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this show (still need to read the VN but thats a long way away from happening.) I thought the art looked fine, but I'm still a newbie so yeah.

wow really? to me it looked like a Disney show or something from Nickelodeon. I hate the art. I just really hope they stay true to the plot of the VN or im going to be pissed. Seriously pissed :angry:

wow really? to me it looked like a Disney show or something from Nickelodeon. I hate the art. I just really hope they stay true to the plot of the VN or im going to be pissed. Seriously pissed :angry:/>

I personally got more of a Saturday morning cartoon vibe from it, which fits perfectly with the setting/story in a way. The art style seems to go well with the show to me at least.

I personally got more of a Saturday morning cartoon vibe from it, which fits perfectly with the setting/story in a way. The art style seems to go well with the show to me at least.

Meh, to each his own. Art aside, I hope it's good. I can deal with meh art as long as the plot is good

wow really? to me it looked like a Disney show or something from Nickelodeon. I hate the art. I just really hope they stay true to the plot of the VN or im going to be pissed. Seriously pissed :angry:/>/>/>/>/>

I Agree. I was pretty disappointed that the show looked like it was trying reach a kiddish audience. I was hoping for it to be more dark like Future Diary or something similar.

just watched Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou episode 1. LOVED IT. Magical Lolis + Tarot Cards + Magic = Good Times!!!

People are comparing it to a certain Magical Girl anime (which I wont name because its bullshit and I refuse to believe it will be anything like that crap)

3:56I made a mess.....

]

9225986866_e4e1e9c867_b.jpg

9226010738_00274e77bf_b.jpg

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

9226031166_0e0553fcb3_b.jpg

You are the best. I was gonna go back and screen cap for myself.

@Kendjin and Batman: I must be in the minority.While I like that series of Anime, its nowhere near top 20 for me. Watched the first episode and while it was enjoyable, it wasnt the best thing ever.

As long as I don't get any Hachikuji smack talk from you, you are free to think what you like.

I'm going to admit, when I first started watching bakemonogatari I didn't really care for Hachikuji. Then, I started picking up the LNs once the animes finished and well... let's just say that she became one of my favorite characters because of the end of her arc in the 2nd season of the monogatari series.

I said I wouldn't but I still ended up watching a few first eps...

So, didn't like Free. I really don't feel like I'm in the target audience and I can't like the characters.

Monogatari S2 ep1 had a very poor animation, otherwise it was rather close to what Nise was: less good than Bake but pretty nice. That damn teasing.

Pleasantly surprise by Prisma Illya. I watched the poor webrip but the animation was pretty nice, with fights reminding me of Nanoha. As well as those Kaleid Sticks (with Kohaku and Hisui's voices =p). Seems like a pleasant comedy/parody to watch, especially for Fate fans.

Love Lab ep1 surprised me too. Funny, dynamic, surprisingly good animation, overall very enjoyable.

I'll probably watch a few more than disappear for a few weeks and watch the 3 following episode when I come back.

Welp. Got into it a bit.

Love Lab is great. Some.. surprisingly good animation and great chemistry.

Prisma Illya is.. pretty bad. Like I expected, honestly. I might keep going with it if only because of my lingering attatchment for the Fate franchise, but that wasn't a very good opening for sure. Fate is testing me with this after Fate/Zero. Bleh. Although I think Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou was worse. Holy mother of god.

Monogatari was okay. Hanekawa is just a bit stale honestly. She's pretty good at making the other conversation partner shine, but that's all. I have heard she gets quite enjoyable by the end of Tsubasa Tiger though, so that'll be something. This series script and dialogue still is great fun. Nise still remains one of the most polished works I've ever seen so I have good faith. Hanekawa OP is appropriately boring for Hanekawa though.

Free is unironically decent. The absurd fanservice is part of the fun.

Danganronpa was... well, it was something. Im not even sure what to think of it. Pretty dumb overall.

But yes. Love lab show of the season, calling it.