About Little Busters! and its anime adap.

Mei

Well, we all have different opinions I guess.

Either way, the VN shits on the anime.

I'm not really a critical reader, so I liked what all the routes had to offer x.x

Anyway, Kud's route wasn't just about her self identity, but about her regret to

(Refrain spoiler**)

visit her parent(s) before they died in the real world also. There was also the metaphor of Kud as a useless gear, and the part that the gear Kud had came from the rocket that exploded in the real world, which was a little something extra you could only figure out after Refrain.

I guess in hindsight, it was pretty tritely written with a simple conflict compared to the other routes, but the cultural and fantasy aspect I thought was pretty delicious, I mean interesting. I think the kind of "fitting in/self identity" story still hits people pretty hard though, especially when represented by a loli x.x

Play the VN. The anime does leave out a lot of info. Plus, who even watches VN to anime adaptions? Look how bad School Days was

It's not like school days was a good VN. Totally weird and idiotic, but that's my opinion

Very interesting thread with very interesting opinions! I come to this discussion as being one of the anime's first most vocal critics when the first few episodes were aired. Having marathonned the entire anime in a few days, I stand by much of what I said, but still feel the anime was a reasonable experience.

I mean sure, I still think the duel scenes were quite poorly animated, the gags badly executed, and the art style bearing resemblance to a low-budget hentai. But still, I find it wasn't enough to draw away from the main focus of the anime's story - the character development. You still get enough of a flavour for the drama that each of them goes through, and while we'll all have a list of favourites and nitpick for ages about the ones that aren't in that list, its very hard to say, point blank, that any of the routes actually sucked.

That is to say, as bad as the micromanagement/directing of the anime was, it didn't detract from the storyline. I found this interesting, personally. I think it definitely says something about expectations, and how knowing an anime's storyline before watching it shifts your attention to other matters.

I actually like what the anime did with romance, which is scrap it entirely.
+1! imho, have Riki start up romances with all the female protags and you'll go down the route of comedic harem anime. Not to say that it can't be done, but I appreciate that devs don't feel obliged to include romance if they don't want to. We've enough formulaic harem series at it is!!

Rewrite adaptation would probably be bad, honestly. It needs to stay a VN. It would take a pretty good studio and staff to keep all of Rewrites philosophy and themes intact throughout the whole thing. Moon especially would be very hard to convey properly in an anime format.

Rewrite adaptation would probably be bad, honestly. It needs to stay a VN. It would take a pretty good studio and staff to keep all of Rewrites philosophy and themes intact throughout the whole thing. Moon especially would be very hard to convey properly in an anime format.

Thought something similar myself: writing a linearly styled adaptation of "Rewrite" would be rather awkward.

Thought something similar myself: writing a linearly styled adaptation of "Rewrite" would be rather awkward.

If it were to happen, I would say just fuck the entire original format in itself and be completely original. Or blend Kotori/Akane routes.

If it were to happen, I would say just fuck the entire original format in itself and be completely original. Or blend Kotori/Akane routes.

In theory, one might get away with doing only "Terra". I mean, there isn't anything really left unexplained in "Terra"; and the stories of the other routes in the end actually amount to pretty much naught. "Terra" is like it's own game; it doesn't really rely on what you've already played; at least, not for what's important.

To those who haven't read Rewrite this rant of mine is a big spoiler..

THE BEST WAY TO DO REWRITE AS AN ANIME IS TO START FROM THE MOON ROUTE: USE THE FLASHBACK AS THE SHOWING OF THE ALL ROUTES AND JUST CONTINUE WITH THE FLOW. ANYTHING ELSE JUST THROW THE IDEA HERE..bx95hqc9q4.jpg

To those who haven't read Rewrite this rant of mine is a big spoiler..

THE BEST WAY TO DO REWRITE AS AN ANIME IS TO START FROM THE MOON ROUTE: USE THE FLASHBACK AS THE SHOWING OF THE ALL ROUTES AND JUST CONTINUE WITH THE FLOW. ANYTHING ELSE JUST THROW THE IDEA HERE..bx95hqc9q4.jpg

The thing is that you wouldn't even need "Moon" . "Terra" does the job well enough.

The thing is that you wouldn't even need "Moon" . "Terra" does the job well enough.

It's best to start there> Since I don't want to rely on all flashbacks or memories for the story...(That will suck as well)

PS: I have a vague remembrance of "Terra" at the moment since I put more effort playing "Moon" rather than "Terra". (So if I'm typing some wrong info about "Terra", Pls. Inform me)

It's best to start there> Since I don't want to rely on all flashbacks or memories for the story...(That will suck as well)

PS: I have a vague remembrance of "Terra" at the moment since I put more effort playing "Moon" rather than "Terra". (So if I'm typing some wrong info about "Terra", Pls. Inform me)

I could understand why: even though "Terra" is the finale and all, I just enjoyed "Moon" the most by far. It was probably my favourite route.

I could understand why: even though "Terra" is the finale and all, I just enjoyed "Moon" the most by far. It was probably my favourite route.

:)/>

I enjoyed mostly this part:

While Shizuru was fighting, she tripped on some blood and then was killed.. I laughed so hard..

Most would find in depressing, I find it funny ^_^/>

You definitely cant get away with leaving out Moon.

Moon is vital in a lot of places. It explains why all the side routes happen, what happened to the old earth and is extremely crucial in explaining Kagari and Kotarous relationship. But most importantly; Moon explains the life system in Rewrite. It explains how life works, evolves, what it means for us and how it continues to wish to 'expand'. You absolutely need this in a story about humanity and the earth. Rewrite is a message first, a story second. You also cannot get rid of everything pre-moon, as the goal is to sympathize with Kotarou as he will never get to have fun with his friends anymore going into Terra. "Life cannot live without self sacrifice."

You definitely cant get away with leaving out Moon.

Moon is vital in a lot of places. It explains why all the side routes happen, what happened to the old earth and is extremely crucial in explaining Kagari and Kotarous relationship. But most importantly; Moon explains the life system in Rewrite. It explains how life works, evolves, what it means for us and how it continues to wish to 'expand'. You absolutely need this in a story about humanity and the earth. Rewrite is a message first, a story second. You also cannot get rid of everything pre-moon, as the goal is to sympathize with Kotarou as he will never get to have fun with his friends anymore going into Terra. "Life cannot live without self sacrifice."

That's sort of what I'm suggesting. You yourself said fuck the to original work and that's what I would do. It becomes less centered around life and the destruction of Earth, which were vital to everything preceding "Terra"; and is now a story very much centered around Kotarou and Kagari. "Terra" might as well be called the Kotarou route, anyway. What you said about missing out on their development in "Moon" can be overcome; absolutely everything that happens in every other route is irrelevant to "Terra" the story of: you wouldn't need to have done the other routes to understand Gaia and Guardian; they're explained and elaborated in "Terra".

Except that without the routes you don't understand what Kotarou is missing and the message of 'Life cannot live without self sacrifice' becomes meaningless. Also, the threat of salvation would never be properly conveyed without seeing it happen from Shizuru. Also you miss out on the entirety of Kotarou and Kotoris backstory and you also would not understand what the branching portion would be and what makes Terra so different from the other routes. I don't want a story about Kotarou and Kagari, and you can't explain there relationship right without Moon anyways. Rewrite is supposed to be a philosophical message about life and earth. You can't keep the same pieces but simply rearrange the order, you'd just lead to a mess of a work.

Personally, I'd want to tell the story either blending Kotori/Akane routes and use bakemonogatari/crazy visuals and mindtrip to do Moon. Or, maybe even start from Moon and tell the story from Kagaris perspective and watch the 'possibilities' emerge.

Terra is uttelry meaningless with Moon. Moon is meaningless without the cast.

• 1 month later...

Could someone send me an attached file of a save of his that unlocked refrain. I really don't want to go through the routes I watched in the anime adapt because, well to be frank, they are a serious drag from time to time and have slight differences from the Vn. So I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE it if someone could send me a saved checkpoint to where refrain gets unlocked. It's not just I don't wan to go through the routes. It's also because time isn't really in my favor these days. I barely get any rest and I really want to start refrain before the second season comes out.

Could someone send me an attached file of a save of his that unlocked refrain. I really don't want to go through the routes I watched in the anime adapt because, well to be frank, they are a serious drag from time to time and have slight differences from the Vn. So I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE it if someone could send me a saved checkpoint to where refrain gets unlocked. It's not just I don't wan to go through the routes. It's also because time isn't really in my favor these days. I barely get any rest and I really want to start refrain before the second season comes out.

Well I have the save data but...Are you sure you don't want go through the routes that has been in anime?

By the way in the anime adaption Kurugaya route is still not revealed :3

Well I have the save data but...Are you sure you don't want go through the routes that has been in anime?

By the way in the anime adaption Kurugaya route is still not revealed :3

Ah yea, I know that. Well, if you have Kurgaya as the last route before refrain that would be great.

Well after finishing komari's route, which bored me to death, i really lost the drive to go on with Kud( which is the worst route in all of key, Imo that is), mio, and haruka.

I've finished the first route of rin though.