The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild thoughts

Novelty

So, aside from my love for visual novels, I am a huge Zelda fanboy. After years of just waiting for so much as a title, we got not only that last week at E3, but we also got gameplay. Here are some thoughts I have:

Pros:

1: The game looks beautiful. The colors are vibrant and overall just looks gorgeous. It was supposedly confirmed as well that the demos were running on Wii U hardware, which makes me even more excited.

2: It appears that they fixed the broken stamina meter that was in Skyward Sword, which I personally hated. It appears that you can run at a normal pace, but use it to dash and climb up everything.

3: I like that it is open world. They even said that you can go straight to the final boss if you had the skill to do so, which is just freaking cool IMO.

4: Eiji Aonuma is directing it, the same guy that directed Twilight Princess, and Majora's Mask, which is not only my favorite game in the series, but my favorite game ever.

Cons:

1: The game play and mechanics have an uncanny resemblance to Skyrim, almost to the point that it could seem like a rip off.

2: I am a little worried that Link doesn't have his iconic tunic and cap. I wouldn't mind if it had to be earned, but I hope it is in there.

3: I don't like the whole durability thing. It seems like it will just get annoying after a while. The one thing I liked about TLoZ is that you could get attached to your weapons. They had a significance. Now they are just something that you throw away and get another right around the corner.

I am curious as to what you guys think, or if you even care.

For me the game looks like it could be decent, but still has chance to be just average. The game was another example of trailers showcasing better graphics than the actual game, in other words it was downgraded compared to the trailer. 

Hud needs rework as it looks not too great right now. For example the stamina gauge looks off. My biggest issue I've is based on the gameplay footage, it looks pretty empty with not that much things to do which would be a problem if it isn't not just the demo that looked that way and the complete game will have more things to do than what was being shown.

They did confirm there will be towns and NPCs to do sidequests and an overall story line, but you are right. It looks really empty so far with not much to do. Another thing I worry about is getting lost in the overworld, because that thing is HUGE!!

I skimmed through the E3 treehouse stream, At one point one of the hosts said that they removed some NPCs and villages specifically for the demo and the area shown would be more populated in the final release. So yeah, expect more stuff in the complete game.

I think it looks pretty fantastic overall. It seems freaking huge. I'm gonna have to get a Wii U or NX to play it.

6 minutes ago, Decay said:

I skimmed through the E3 treehouse stream, At one point one of the hosts said that they removed some NPCs and villages specifically for the demo and the area shown would be more populated in the final release. So yeah, expect more stuff in the complete game.

I think it looks pretty fantastic overall. It seems freaking huge. I'm gonna have to get a Wii U or NX to play it.

I see I thought they said it was the completely opposite, that they didn't include towns but whatever. I just hope the environment has hidden passages and many caves/dungeon to explore, as that would give it more replayability. Now for exploration I wonder if dungeons will have closed spaces depending of which ability link has or if there is going to be like special tools you can gather to go further in the dungeons or if there will be no requirement. 

I'm sure it will have several caves to explore. The environment looks very diverse, so I am sure there is plenty of nooks and crannies to explore. I remember them showing an area behind a waterfall with some goodies. I just bought a Wii U so I could get it when it comes out. In the meantime, I finally get to buy Splatoon which I have wanted to get for a while.