Grisaia no Meikyuu is out on Steam

TheFantasm

To quote Doddler on what this version does and doesn't have:

• Some sexual jokes were changed up to be a little less lewd.
  • Sex scenes are (obviously) gone.
  • In the place of sex scenes are additional content and new cg in their place, which isn't in the adult version.
  • There's some new cgs sprinkled throughout the different routes that are unique to the all ages version.
  • Of content removed, there are only 28 short stories in the all ages version (from 33 in the adult version), and the bonus non-canon sex scenes are also removed.

I will be reviewing it.

I'll be waiting on the 18+ version as well. If i recall correctly, they said it'll take a month or two right?

Been thinking of waiting for Rakuen too and play them back to back, some of you probably know why:makina:.

Been a great week for Vn releases!

9 minutes ago, Decay said:

I will be reviewing it.

Good luck with that, you write great reviews. Oh, and good luck with Dracu-riot, i'm sure you guys will do it justice. No pressure, no rush.

22 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

I'll be waiting on the 18+ version as well. If i recall correctly, they said it'll take a month or two right?

But I doubt it will be released that fast though, since it's SP we're talking about. :makina:

And SP themselves said that this is a direct port of the PS Vita version. So naturally there's no H-CGs cut out. (Since there isn't one in the PS Vita version)

29 minutes ago, ヤミハナ said:

But I doubt it will be released that fast though, since it's SP we're talking about.

Guess i'm in for a wait then, well i'm ok with it. I really do love grisaia [the 2nd Vn i played after majikoi] and have been looking forward to the game very much, but i don't mind waiting for it since the 18+ plus version is the one i want.

Need some yumiko ecch, right @DarkZedge :wahaha:.

Also as i said, i may even wait for rakuen to come out next year (hopefully) and play them back to back:makina:

The new CG is actually very nice. Kinda funny seeing new content in a "censored" release :wahaha:

I'm running the Japanese game next to this one, so I still don't miss out on the H-scenes though. Moonspeaker privilege :makina:

Considering the fact that they put new replacement CGs in where the H-scenes were, you really aren't missing anything in the routes.

The thing you are missing out on is the non canon H-scenes. (They are freaking incredible fan service, but have no plot relevance.) Would recommend waiting if that means a lot to you, but just in a general sense, the cut content is really quite unimportant tbh. (Of course, H is always nice though :sacchan: )

1 minute ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Also as i said, i may even wait for rakuen to come out next year (hopefully) and play them back to back:makina:

This is a very good idea actually, seeing as (just in case people don't want to know anything about the new game, don't open this. There are no actual spoilers though.)

Spoiler

Meikyuu ends on a cliffhanger that is concluded in Rakuen.

How is the release going in steam? If people are wondering many are upset because they think the price is too high and don't think the length of the visual novel is worthy paying the price for.

I know it is shorter than the previous novel but how long is it approximately? Just kinda curious of the actual length.

3 minutes ago, Dark_blade64 said:

How is the release going in steam? If people are wondering many are upset because they think the price is too high and don't think the length of the visual novel is worthy paying the price for.

I know it is shorter than the previous novel but how long is it approximately? Just kinda curious of the actual length.

Hmm, I'd say about 15-20 hours maybe?

Depends on the reader tbh. The after routes aren't that long, but the main route is quite a bit longer. Then there is all the extras, as well as the H-scenes, (though those aren't in this version.)

3 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

The thing you are missing out on is the non canon H-scenes.

You mean the after stories of the heroine endings from Kajitsu right, I was actually really looking forward to those, along with the continuation of the main story of course. I got kinda of attached to all their storylines from Kajitsu, looking forward to seeing what happen after [yes yes H-scenes 2! :sacchan:]. 

Also, like you mentioned in your spoiler, that's exactly the reason i'm thinking of waiting.  I'll probably be way more satisfied and content then.

5 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

You mean the after stories of the heroine endings from Kajitsu right, I was actually really looking forward to those, along with the continuation of the main story of course. I got kinda of attached to all their storylines from Kajitsu, looking forward to seeing what happen after [yes yes H-scenes 2! :sacchan:].

EDIT* Ops, misread that a bit. Yes, after routes are the after stories for the heroines. They are not too long, but very enjoyable.

Mmm, those are cut out as well, but you get replacement CGs in the after routes in their place. (The after route H-scenes.)

The non canon H-scenes are fan service scenes with some of the other cast members. (The principal, JB, JB's assistant, there is also a yuri scene with Amane and Kazuki etc.) They are quite amazing.

3 minutes ago, spademan said:

so is this a canon sequel to kajitsu or is this more of a fd/ what if stories?

Both.

The core story is a "what if" harem route. It is linked to the first game, but not a direct sequel in that it follows none of the routes specifically. So the biggest part of the game is a "what if."

Both Rakuen and Meikyuu does have content that IS linked to the first game though, (after routes for each heroine in Meikyuu and a prologue route in Rakuen.)

In addition, the "what if" route does give you a lot of information about the past, like what happened to Yuuji before coming to Mihama, etc.

41 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

Indeed I require my Yumiko :holo: Though I also want my JB :pyaa:  and my Asako :makina: 

Omg i forgot about them! [kept think of kajitsu], hahahaha mate we have the same taste indeed:wahaha:

41 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

(The principal, JB, JB's assistant, there is also a yuri scene with Amane and Kazuki etc.) They are quite amazing.

:marie::michiru::wafuu::sacchan::pyaa::kosame:, I liked the way you ended that line. Good word usage. You just hyped me up even more for a game that i'll probably have to wait a year to play!

I'm assuming that the all-ages and 18+ version are separate games, as in the 18+ version isn't a patch to the all-ages version, right?  

[Thanks for the clarification btw:sachi:]

My comment about this? Well, at least Steam said it was only need 5 GB HDD, so it's a plus I guess (It's still quite big though).

For more serious comment, I think while I didn't look forward to this too much, at least I knew that (Beware spoiler below)

Spoiler

there were some interesting H-Scenes (The keyword here would be Makina, mom, and BDSM), the ending was cliffhanger, and we had many after story here. Oh, actually the main attraction of this game should be Yuuji's past, which to said lightly that his parents wasn't the best in the world (Especially his dad).

As for sequel commentary, if you want to established it as sequel here, then I could also said that Sharin FD was the sequel to Sharin no Kuni (And of course I also could treated this as FD only). Especially with many after story involving sex scene from the review I'd read. And since sonce again some people said Grisaia was Sharin like, I think this game was actually Frontwing answer to Sharin FD. As for nonexistent harem route, while I kind of slightly dislike it, actually it's also showed us that they probably only planning making Grisaia as charage (And if they really considering make it as trilogy in the first place, they could did the same thing as Sharin actually. Of course, Frontwing realized that later and make it to the anime instead (Yuuji solved all the girls problem)), but because of the meddling from higher up, they decided to make it trilogy. Although guess this is my biased opinion here though. 

For more opinion, I would agree with Dergonu here that Kajitsu was quite complete here, especially of how Yuuji finally settle with his past by together with one of 5 heroines,

Spoiler

and as for one promise between Yuuji and his master, I believe it was more likely to let Yuuji find more meaning in life (In fact Frontwing didn't really need to force themselves to made it that Yuuji MUST save 5 people before die, if we look once again at Meikyuu story). Just my interpretation here.

Although I give many critic to Meikyuu here, as for the opening actually it was quite nostalgic because it reminds me back when my roommate always played this and I'd think it was quite catchy. For my last word, I think if some of you want to play Meikyuu, go ahead because even though I didn't too excited by this, it's still the good games and of course more translated VN was always welcome here.