English version of ChuSinGura 46+1 released on Steam... for free?

Decay

On 11/19/2016 at 3:30 AM, WinterfuryZX said:

I think the excessive fanservice is one of the main problems of this game. I can't take charcters like Fuwa Kazuemon seriously while dressed like that, really...

Agreed, truthfully. The game would probably have been better if it wasn't trying to be pointlessly erotic at the most inappropriate of times. I don't mean to kiddify it or anything, but there's a right way and a wrong way to use eroticism and CSG sort of bungled that aspect badly.

That problem is probably amplified a shit ton more in the original. I'd say more than 50% of the non-h CGs are dedicated to female characters being naked, and then you have random stuff like the emperor loli "messing" around with all the stray dogs she keeps, which aren't even counted as h-scenes (the game plays the joke scene music during them). In the steam version they just dropped that and made her an innocent little girl that loves dogs, well animals in general technically.

Though, honestly, I won't complain since I like the artist. 

1 hour ago, Chuee said:

That problem is probably amplified a shit ton more in the original. I'd say more than 50% of the non-h CGs are dedicated to female characters being naked, and then you have random stuff like the emperor loli "messing" around with all the stray dogs she keeps, which aren't even counted as h-scenes (the game plays the joke scene music during them). In the steam version they just dropped that and made her an innocent little girl that loves dogs, well animals in general technically.

Though, honestly, I won't complain since I like the artist. 

She's the "dog" shogun Tokugawa Tsunayoshi, after all. (and she's not the Mikado).

Anyway, most people are not dressed like bitches in heat and actually have nice-looking kimonos, unfortunately the excepitons are beyond ridiculousness.

I don't mind occasional nudity when they are taking a bath, they are sleeping etc., but tbere's definitely a problem if their official outfits they usually dress are laughable.

Edited by WinterfuryZX

4 hours ago, Nier said:

5FegHxJ.gif?noredirect

Pretty much, lol.

The amount of "plot" so far has been pretty high. (Not that I'm complaining :makina: )

Glad I chose to play the JP version... The translation is one thing, but they must have cut/ altered a lot of this for the steam version. Especially scenes involving certain characters... lol.

Spoiler

mlrg3gt.png

Totally unrelated but... these people should not be allowed to own swords, rofl.

Spoiler

7hOlnMi.jpg

Cut your own foot? Check.

FCcRv8F.jpg

Cut your daughter's face? Check

EwzNBnw.jpg

Smack yourself in the face with the sword? Check.

Honestly, such a skilled bunch.

On 2016/11/21 at 1:04 PM, Chuee said:

and then you have random stuff like the emperor loli "messing" around with all the stray dogs she keeps, which aren't even counted as h-scenes (the game plays the joke scene music during them). In the steam version they just dropped that and made her an innocent little girl that loves dogs, well animals in general technically.

On this note, what actually happens in that scene in the English version? (The first time with the shogun and the dogs, so:)

Spoiler

I mean, after Kira's curse makes him taunt Takumi no Kami so much she cuts him, and the shogun is supposed to deliver the punishment.

The whole reaosn she is ticked off and just throws all the blame on Takumi no Kami is literally because she didn't get to "play" with her dogs enough, and she felt like Takumi no Kami was at fault for stopping her ... dog mastrubation session... I guess the actual H-scene CG and the naked sprite is changed / removed, but the actual script still has her straight up saying that is the reason, and several times even. Did they rewrite the whole thing?

54 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

On this note, what actually happens in that scene in the English version? (The first time with the shogun and the dogs, so:)

Reveal hidden contents

I mean, after Kira's curse makes him taunt Takumi no Kami so much she cuts him, and the shogun is supposed to deliver the punishment.

The whole reaosn she is ticked off and just throws all the blame on Takumi no Kami is literally because she didn't get to "play" with her dogs enough, and she felt like Takumi no Kami was at fault for stopping her ... dog mastrubation session... I guess the actual H-scene CG and the naked sprite is changed / removed, but the actual script still has her straight up saying that is the reason, and several times even. Did they rewrite the whole thing?

As far as I remember it was just a few lines about her playing with the puppies, and then being upset that whatshisface was bothering her during play time. When I played that scene I happened to remember seeing bestiality CGs on EH with her along with tags on her profile, so I figured I'd go through the original and see what that scene was like, and well... yeah. The most awkward part is the fact that the grown ass man just walks in on her naked with puppies licking her crotch and his only reaction is "Again??"

As far as it coming up again throughout the story, I wouldn't know since I haven't played much of it. I'd just assume they go with the same narrative, that she has an innocent child-like love for dogs. 

Edited by Chuee

22 minutes ago, Chuee said:

As far as I remember it was just a few lines about her playing with the puppies, and then being upset that whatshisface was bothering her during play time. When I played that scene I happened to remember seeing bestiality scenes with her along with tags on her profile, so I figured I'd go through the original and see what that scene was like, and well... yeah. The most awkward part is the fact that the grown ass man just walks in on her naked with puppies licking her crotch and his only reaction is "Again??"

As far as it coming up again throughout the story, I wouldn't know since I haven't played much of it. I'd just assume they go with the same narrative, that she has an innocent child-like love for dogs. 

Wow, really? The entire scene has been totally rewritten then, though the result is indeed the same I guess; a grumpy kid. (I played this scene yesterday, the JP version, and it happens quite differently, like you said.)

Spoiler

The scene itself is indeed very... silly. The shogun basically decides to punish Takumi no Kami because it was her cutting Kira that caused Yanagisawa Yoshiyasu, (one of the antagonists, "whatshisface" you talked about) to burst into her room and interrupt her fun time, making her angry. Meaning, the reason the whole ronin story starts is because ths shogun called for the punishement of Takumi no Kami instantly, without touching Kira, simply because the shogun thinks Takumi no Kami is at fault for interrupting her during her mastrubation with her dogs. So, she isn't mad at Yoshiyasu, but Takumi no Kami. She is portayed as a child who didn't get her way, and she lashes out because of it, which sets everything into motion. (Basically, it all started because of beastiality. Lol.)

In the actual 47 ronin story, the fact that Kira wasn't punished in any way, and that he lived on safely after the event, was the reason the ronin chose to go after him for revenge. Specifically though, in ChuSingura 46+1, the reason he wasn't punished was literally just because of the shogun being a bit grumpy, as her mastrubation session was interrupted. I think in the actual historical event, the reason for the little investigation that went into the whole situation is unkown, or at least just pure speculation. Which is probably why they chose to just joke around with the dog thing.

I think there has been 2 separate scenes early/ in the middle of chapter 1, where the shogun is specifically complaining about her mastrubation session being interrupted, so I guess the whole ordeal had to be rewritten. Not a huge deal, but it does completely change the Shogun's character.

13 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Not a huge deal, but it does completely change the Shogun's character.

Well........... I mean technically her specifically liking doggy dick isn't too terribly integral to the story :yumiko:

It kind of feels like one of those things where someone on the development team had a particular fetish or something. Some of the later scenes are... even more out there, plus in the fandisk you get more doggo fun with even more characters. 

21 minutes ago, Chuee said:

Well........... I mean technically her specifically liking doggy dick isn't too terribly integral to the story :yumiko:

It kind of feels like one of those things where someone on the development team had a particular fetish or something. Some of the later scenes are... even more out there, plus in the fandisk you get more doggo fun with even more characters. 

True :P

Hopefully the rewriting required didn't actually impact the story in any way through the game in the English version. This particular case doesn't, but like I said, it does change the character quite a bit at least. The sheer frequency of these silly and goofy 18+ scenes really surprised me. The game kind of feels similar to Majikoi in a way. It's serious at its core, but there is goofy, silly and crazy stuff riddled through the entire thing. (Which I really like tbh. It's funny as hell, or at least I think so.)

More doggo fun you say? With more characters?!  ... *writes down* ... 

Just now, Dergonu said:

True :P

Hopefully the rewriting required didn't actually impact the story in any way through the game in the English version. This particular case doesn't, but like I said, it does change the character quite a bit at least. The sheer frequency of these silly and goofy 18+ scenes really surprised me. The game kind of feels similar to Majikoi in a way. It's serious at its core, but there is goofy, silly and crazy stuff riddled through the entire thing. (Which I really like tbh. It's funny as hell, or at least I think so.)

More doggo fun you say? With more characters?!  ... *writes down* ... 

Yeah, I mean to make the game vita friendly you have to cut a ton of shit anyways with the game having bath scenes here there and everywhere. 

Oh, and if you like the purple-hair loli sister (as you should) you'll like the fandisk. It has some, uh *cough* *cough* good scenes with her. 

Just now, Chuee said:

Yeah, I mean to make the game vita friendly you have to cut a ton of shit anyways with the game having bath scenes here there and everywhere.

Indeed.

Just now, Chuee said:

Oh, and if you like the purple-hair loli sister (as you should) you'll like the fandisk. It has some, uh *cough* *cough* good scenes with her. 

Ah yeah, she is great. 

... I need this fandisk...

• 1 month later...

just finished ChuSInGura.

Its really a mixed result for me. The plot has some really intense moment that keeps me at the edge of my seat, but also some real boring scenes that i just left clisk mash to go through. And the plotwise, everything leading to the final battle felt uhh kinda forced or something.

Even the translation is really a mixed result. Some lines were golden line level of translation, some felt like one of those WN translated by a guy who didnt really manage that japanese and english grammar is different af.

So it was good, and it was bad. I dont quite know what to feel about this VN.

ONe thing that i still didnt get tho

Spoiler

where the hell did they hide for about a year in ch 5? dont tell me they go to future or something

8 minutes ago, castor212 said:

Its really a mixed result for me. The plot has some really intense moment that keeps me at the edge of my seat, but also some real boring scenes that i just left clisk mash to go through. And the plotwise, everything leading to the final battle felt uhh kinda forced or something.

Even the translation is really a mixed result. Some lines were golden line level of translation, some felt like one of those WN translated by a guy who didnt really manage that japanese and english grammar is different af.

Hide contents

where the hell did they hide for about a year in ch 5? dont tell me they go to future or something

If I don't remember wrong, The shogun hid them

6 hours ago, castor212 said:

Hide contents

That is explained in Bushi no Kodou

From the description on VNDB:

Spoiler

In addition, there’ll be a shocking revelation about the unexplained ‘empty time’ from the original game. Waiting for them was the Shinsengumi ‘Mibu no Ookami’ (wolves of Mibu)! It seems that they have time-slipped to the late Tokugawa period!

• 2 months later...

I just finished ChunShigura 46+1 and I will be honest here, i started it out on a whim, well more like the reason i started it was to confirm it wasn't worth my time and drop it, i heard it was censored, had missing scenes, and the translation was horrible, but since i was looking for a specific theme, which this seem to have like i said i decided to at least try it out before down right dismissing it, i also just expected blant fanservice with no substance, turns out i was wrong. Right from the start it did not impress me, but after a certain incident in the corridor of pines (which happens quite quickly in the novel so its not long till it picks up)... god damn i could not let go of it, i was glued to my seat till i finally finished it last night. It does have fan service, a ridiculous amount of it, the outfits are definitely flashy and it twists some things in order to make it work to have flashy samurai girls, but despite this, while sugar coated, i admit, it does give an interesting view of a samurai's struggle, and what it meant to be a samurai, also at how there society worked during that time, in that regard its pretty awesome, the characters and story is also pretty freaking awesome, especially Oishiki Kuranosuke, i absolutely loved her!

Its not perfect, it does have its issues, but the translation does a decent job of keeping you immersed, even if it has some mistakes in it that makes you face palm. But in the end it was an amazing experience and it became one of my favorite visual novels, i just hope they will bring the sequel to the west as well.

Just one thing i don't understand about chapter 5:

How does Suguha prevent their sepukku? By Sleeping with the Shogun oO ?

PS: i said a lot of things like blant fan service and such, but don't get me wrong, i don't have nothing against it, quite the opposite i welcome it, but its just that fan service alone doesn't make an experience good for me.

Edited by Strike105X

1 hour ago, Strike105X said:

Just one thing i don't understand about chapter 5:

Reveal hidden contents

How does Suguha prevent their sepukku? By Sleeping with the Shogun oO ?

That's the gist of it.

It's explained in Bushi no Kodou:

Spoiler

You give her a well-trained dog, she likes it, you tell her of something even better. Which happens to be your dick, she likes it a lot :Kappa:

After winning her favor, she's willing to listen to what you have to say. Can't really save the world if everyone's dead, right?

Since your deaths are already faked killing you again wouldnt have any point, so you are allowed to live on an abandoned island as seen in the end.

Something like that, it's been a few years since i played the games.

I have been curious about this since I finished the JP game.

What exactly happens in the English version during

Spoiler

The choice in chapter 3? Seeing as the choice A) Appears in a scene with nudity and B) leads to an H-scene in which you are killed. Were they even able to leave anything related to it in the censored game?

Is the choice still there at all, or did they remove it entirely?

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

I have been curious about this since I finished the JP game.

What exactly happens in the English version during

Reveal hidden contents

The choice in chapter 3? Seeing as the choice A) Appears in a scene with nudity and B) leads to an H-scene in which you are killed. Were they even able to leave anything related to it in the censored game?

Is the choice still there at all, or did they remove it entirely?

The choice is still there:

with A he refused her advancement and went to sleep, the story progresses, with B he admitted being an ako member and is killed by her before he can say anything else