English version of ChuSinGura 46+1 released on Steam... for free?

Decay

26 minutes ago, Scorp said:

That's Unity, what else it could be :) So, speaking of a patch... Having in mind Doddler's post - you still have no plans to do an english patch? :)

Nah. Combining those scripts would be a massive pain. I'll leave the regex stuff to Doddler.

I'd also read the top review from Steam, and frankly I was like huh, really? Is the reviewer really only seeing the boobs by pressing skip for like 12 or so minutes (I didn't knew if he was still playing when he was offline though).

Anyway, although I said I'm looking forward from back when it was crowfund, after I'm looking back at the engine, I'm not so sure about it. For the translation itself, since personally I'm not that fluent in English or Japanese, I think it was serviceable enough (Even if it's not I didn't care, as long as it's readable). But at least I knew that some people out there should work on the engine itself. I'd found 3 problem with the engine. I'll tell my problem with this game engine below.

First, we must use Steam to play this (Maybe this is not a problem, but I would like if we didn't need Steam to play this in the future. If we need Steam, guess it couldn't be helped here). Second, we must click twice for advancing to next line and after the first click the voice will be cut off (At least I didn't need to worry about voiceless version here). I knew that we could use option let the voice continue, but this also bring some annoyance here, namely when we click to the next line, if there was a character speaking and next line also speaking, we'll heard 2 voices because the spoken line from previous line wasn't cut off. Third, I'm like WTF when instead I should be able to use mouse wheel to see the backlog, I must use menu backlog to open it. This is definitely very major problem here, especially when some old VN like Tsukihime and Never7 made us must had mouse wheels to see backlog (To made it more jarring, both of mentioned game was made in 2000, while ChuSingura was made at 2013). Although maybe it was only my problem here, but is anyone else here had same problem as mine?

As for story, I think I didn't had complain here although it's more like MC was trying to change the history but failed. From the review that I read, each chapter was supposed to represent one heroine, and looks like this chapter will be represented by Kuranosuke, who could became child form when she was like fooling around and grown up form when she decided to be very serious. Oh, she was also MILF here and she was like the lord of the village when MC was stuck in the past. By the way, even though it was only trial version it was still quite meaty in term of content (Since I must using Steam to play it, it show that I'd play this for around 2 hours, and keep in mind I'd skipped the dialogue mostly here. So once again the trial was quite long here).

For the advice, I think I could only said that whoever in charge of engine better fix the VN engine itself if they want to release all of 5 chapters. And hopefully for some member here they also should fix the translation itself.

PS -To answer VirginSmasher here, right now I think if they managed to release this with at least decent translation but with buggy engine, I would like to think that while they did Kickstarter, they suddenly got funded (According to rumor) and so they abandoned their Kickstarter imo. Well, it's still failed anyway (Their Kickstarter of course).

PPS - By the way, the demo size wasn't 1.3 GB, but around 3.6 GB, making this game had the biggest demo size (Now Tokyo Babel was at 2nd biggest demo for more useless trivia here).

48 minutes ago, Conjueror said:

Uh, what's up with ppl on steam reviewing the game without even reading it?

The top review sounds like they played a Sakura game or something. So misleading. T_T

Welcome to steam reviews

*joke about masturbation*

*joke about tits*

*joke about having no social life but not caring because 2d women*

5 hours ago, Conjueror said:

Uh, what's up with ppl on steam reviewing the game without even reading it?

Because steam users are retarded, most of those reviewers don't even realize it's a Demo/not the full game.

They are mostly hipster otakus who just want VNs on steam.

5 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Engine

Those guys initially got the assets for making the mobage version.

Then for the English PC Version instead of putting them back in the original engine they used those assets on a new shitty bug-ridden engine.

Because you know, they are retarded.

If anyone decides to make an "uncut" patch I really hope they just use the translation for the original game, which ran on KiriKiri.

They made a news post on their Steam Page.

As we said before that this games first Chapter is indeed for free and in the future we will release more chapters so stay tuned. More information regarding this will come at a later time. 

The only place they ever said this before was in Japanese on the developer's  Japanese Twitter Account. :Kappa:

Also regarding this game version. It is a non hentai/sex scene version of the game and will remain so as well. Were sorry to disappointing some fans on this matter. 

They finally admitted that there won't be a 18+ Version.

We have also seen a few messages regarding "what does the 'S' stand for in the title?" In a previous Vita version of the game the title was "ChuSingura46+1 V" so we named this game with an S because this is the Steam version of the game. 

We finally know what the S stands for.

We look forward to discussing with you on the forums.

:wahaha::wahaha::wahaha:

7 minutes ago, Ningen said:

They made a news post on their Steam Page.

The only place they ever said this before was in Japanese on the developer's  Japanese Twitter Account. :Kappa:

They finally admitted that there won't be a 18+ Version.

We finally know what the S stands for.

:wahaha::wahaha::wahaha:

Hmm, interesting.

We already knew it wasn't going to be an 18+ version from their kickstarter, but still, now it's 100% confirmed.

The first quote confuses me ..."This is free, and in the future we will release more."

Are they saying the whole game will be free? :michiru:

Because if that is the case, their slightly dodgy engine makes some sense, as if it's going to be a free to play game, they might have limited funds to work with.

If not, they kinda need to work on how they word things... This really just made me think of 1200 more questions to ask them... :wahaha:

Really, awesome (Not that I care anyway). Also thanks for what S mean, Ningen (I already knew it mean Steam from the first place, or guessing it to be exact). By the way, could we play this without using Steam or not as of now? Although I'll find out by myself later I guess.

On 25.6.2016 at 10:28 AM, littleshogun said:

By the way, could we play this without using Steam or not as of now?

From what I've read on steam forums, some problems with starting the game can even be solved by running the game in offline mode.

On 6/22/2016 at 9:04 AM, VirginSmasher said:

So that Kickstarter was all for nothing? I'm really confused right now.

It seems pretty straightforward to me.  Their Kickstarters failed miserably, because these clowns have no clue what they're doing.  But they don't want to give up, so this is plan B.  That's probably why it's so slapdash, the company's running out of time and/or money.  This is their Hail Mary plan to try to somehow get the game out without the budget they were counting on.

4 minutes ago, Xavier12 said:

News Post on Steam says Ch. 2 and 3 will be released together as DLC end of July, no informatio on pricing.

Interesting. That is pretty fast.

(When did they actually start the translation on this game? I mean, it's a long ass game, and their kickstarters kept failing over and over. Did they just start translation right away?)

This could be a bit worrying from an editing point of view. (Are they even editing their translation?)

I'd like to see the pricing for chapter 2 and 3. Maybe they use that as a way to recover their kickstarter money, so each chapter is like 400$ :makina:

13 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Interesting. That is pretty fast.

(When did they actually start the translation on this game? I mean, it's a long ass game, and their kickstarters kept failing over and over. Did they just start translation right away?)

This could be a bit worrying from an editing point of view. (Are they even editing their translation?)

I'd like to see the pricing for chapter 2 and 3. Maybe they use that as a way to recover their kickstarter money, so each chapter is like 400$ :makina:

I think they started the translation with the kickstarter.

Which is also the reason why they still have to release it even after the KS failed twice.

On KS the whole game cost 15bucks, which was half the normal price.

So I guess Ch. 2/3 and Ch. 4/5 dlc will cost $15 each

1 minute ago, WinterfuryZX said:

I think they started way before the 1st kickstarter

Yeah, think they had to, the game is freaking long. But, who knows. I just hope they at least maintain the current level in the next chapters. Although it's mechanical and a little emotionless, it's at least a fairly good translation in a general sense.

6 minutes ago, Xavier12 said:

On KS the whole game cost 15bucks, which was half the normal price.

So I guess Ch. 2/3 and Ch. 4/5 dlc will cost $15 each

Would make sense. That's not too bad if that is the pricing.

4 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Yeah, think they had to, the game is freaking long. But, who knows. I just hope they at least maintain the current level in the next chapters. Although it's mechanical and a little emotionless, it's at least a fairly good translation in a general sense.

Would make sense. That's not too bad if that is the pricing.

that is if you aren´t bothered by the VAST amount of translation-notes, which partly make up most of the games textboxx.

4 minutes ago, XReaper said:

that is if you aren´t bothered by the VAST amount of translation-notes, which partly make up most of the games textboxx.

TLnote: textbox means, a box the text is displayed in :Kappa:

Yeah, I do hate those with a passion :sacchan:

But the fact that they have none / few literal mistakes made me quite happy. I was expecting like, straight up basic mistakes, based off their kickstarter page and stuff like that.

• 4 weeks later...

So, Chapters 2 and 3 have been released now, as DLC for the original Chapter 1 free game.  Just to make things complicated.

They're asking $18 base price, currently on sale for -30%, or $12.59.  That implies $36 for the entire thing, which is twice as much as the kickstarter price.