Favorite BGM/soundtrack of a Visual Novel

Exult

Seeing that currently I play Subahibi, there's a interesting track that sounds quite hot blooded. Here's Shounen to Knife, and enjoy.

While I'm at it, here's Supipara Steam opening in which it's pretty upbeat.

Looks like this time minori was saving some budget, which is understandable if we look at their situation. If anything, at least it's more dynamic compared to any normal VNs opening and most importantly depict the heroines based on the season.

Edited by littleshogun

The godly Fata Morgana soundtrack was already mentioned, so I won't link that. But I bet Sorcery Jokers hasn't been mentioned. I thought the Sorcery Jokers soundtrack was unusually high quality, very immersive. Second only to Fata Morgana among the VN's I have read, although only in terms of soundtrack. There're no cheap sounding MIDI instruments here.  I like dramatic songs like this (33:53):

And this (7:20):

Edited by PiggiesGoMoo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love thinking about sound design in visual novels. To keep this post short I'll just post my two favorites.

I've always been fond of SubaHibi's "Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus". Whenever this played when Ayana popped up I nodded and went "ah, it's Ayana-san". It feels more like "Subarashiki Hibi" than any other track in the OST to me for some reason.

And then there's Narcissu's "Suppressed Lies". It really does feel like a song about suppressed lies. It weighs down on the heart and gives off a very lonely feeling, much like the rest of Narcissu.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/5/2018 at 11:01 AM, littleshogun said:

Here's the full opening of ef Latter Tale (Emotional Flutter), and the most interesting part to me here is the bridge between the first part and the second part (The violin).

Those violin transitions are stunning and seem to be a staple in Tenmon's music :kosame: He surely loves his violin.

Now, today I'll go with this: 

Cry bitches, cry!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's Chaos Child BGM 'Di-Sword of Sadness', which is quite fitting battle theme for when the BGM played. The title was quite fitting if we knew the full story of Chaos Child, which obviously I can't say much here because it would be big spoiler. Hope you enjoy the BGM.

Edited by littleshogun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it's already being posted here or not, but since we have a sudden release of Baldr Force might as well celebrating it by posing the full opening of this by KOTOKO here. Enjoy.

Also while I'm at Baldr Force subject here, might as well post the OST from there and the title itself is quite spoilerific, so I'll post it in the spoiler box.

Edited by littleshogun

Hmmm. This reminds me, I actually still need to finish this VN. I played it back in 2014 when it was only partially translated, and after that it was just kind of laying in the depths of my backlog... And I will have to start it from the very beginning, because it's been a bit too long, and I'm now even sure if I remember all the characters.

1 hour ago, Dreamysyu said:

Hmmm. This reminds me, I actually still need to finish this VN. I played it back in 2014 when it was only partially translated, and after that it was just kind of laying in the depths of my backlog... And I will have to start it from the very beginning, because it's been a bit too long, and I'm now even sure if I remember all the characters.

Your post reminded me of this song. Probably my favorite from series