Site Work Failed, But We Didn't Die

Ugh. Still more roadblocks. Need to get an as-yet unknown password from Nay in order to get this sucker changed. For now, please enjoy the mess of a forums we've got, and dream of the forums we will probably never one day have.

< 3 - Tay

You can dismiss this alert by clicking on the "X" button

Exult

Favorite BGM/soundtrack of a Visual Novel

There are too many good songs to be able to list all of them, so I'll just a pair of really good ones. 

I really like this one. It kind of blends a sense of whimsy, with a sense of repetition but yet also maintains a quiet elegance. I think it fits very well for where it is used. I especially like from 2:38 or thereabouts where it kind of builds up but yet doesn't lose sight of what came before. 

Another one I really like is this one: 

I've become a big fan of slice of life segments and songs (in VNs) and I really liked several of the ones in Fate/Stay Night. Of these I think this is my favorite - it's really soothing and calming, and I find it gives a nice respite from some of the messier parts of FS/N. It makes me think of him just sitting and talking with Saber, or perhaps even cooking, and (again) those were segments I enjoyed. 

Wow this is tough. Everyone else seems to be linking multiple so I guess I will too;

This one feels obvious to me. It was the first song in a VN that really made me really emotional, I guess it helped that I found the novel amazing too. If I were forced to pick this would be my number one.

Umineko holds some true masterpieces in its musical collection in my opinion, in fact in hindsight some of my favourite songs came from the music played in that game. This one and the one for going with the other ending though were just top notch, this one in particular I feel is something that goes way beyond what you would expect a normal VN would have, but I guess it is Umineko so I it does not really qualify as a "normal" VN.

This song was one of, if not the best intro song for a VN I have heard, for me it is a clear top runner among my favourites.

Edited by Weiterfechten

Himawari

Spoiler

Never has a BGM captured the essence, of absolute loneliness and sadness before. A type you could only find in outer space...

Typical slice of life piece. That sounds rather tropical for some reason.

Staring up at the night sky....

Time for some kickass action!

Gotta be Key.

Spoiler

Hell shizuru's route hits hard as fuck, i believe in zeus and he will make harvest festa translation happen either that or i learn jap before that.

Spoiler

Saya's route was long but hell it was good and it had this great song with such great timing at the end.

Seeing that currently I play Subahibi, there's a interesting track that sounds quite hot blooded. Here's Shounen to Knife, and enjoy.

While I'm at it, here's Supipara Steam opening in which it's pretty upbeat.

Looks like this time minori was saving some budget, which is understandable if we look at their situation. If anything, at least it's more dynamic compared to any normal VNs opening and most importantly depict the heroines based on the season.

The godly Fata Morgana soundtrack was already mentioned, so I won't link that. But I bet Sorcery Jokers hasn't been mentioned. I thought the Sorcery Jokers soundtrack was unusually high quality, very immersive. Second only to Fata Morgana among the VN's I have read, although only in terms of soundtrack. There're no cheap sounding MIDI instruments here.  I like dramatic songs like this (33:53):

And this (7:20):

Edited by PiggiesGoMoo

I love thinking about sound design in visual novels. To keep this post short I'll just post my two favorites.

I've always been fond of SubaHibi's "Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus". Whenever this played when Ayana popped up I nodded and went "ah, it's Ayana-san". It feels more like "Subarashiki Hibi" than any other track in the OST to me for some reason.

And then there's Narcissu's "Suppressed Lies". It really does feel like a song about suppressed lies. It weighs down on the heart and gives off a very lonely feeling, much like the rest of Narcissu.

On 13/5/2018 at 11:01 AM, littleshogun said:

Here's the full opening of ef Latter Tale (Emotional Flutter), and the most interesting part to me here is the bridge between the first part and the second part (The violin).

Those violin transitions are stunning and seem to be a staple in Tenmon's music :kosame: He surely loves his violin.

Now, today I'll go with this: 

Cry bitches, cry!

On 5/31/2018 at 7:29 PM, Thyndd said:

Those violin transitions are stunning and seem to be a staple in Tenmon's music :kosame: He surely loves his violin.

Now, today I'll go with this: 

Cry bitches, cry!

Anime had a happy ending so i'm satisfied!