Favorite BGM/soundtrack of a Visual Novel

Exult

Since we had Root Double release, how about 'Memento Mori' here and hopefully I'm not the only one think that this OST resemble Karma from Ever17.

Spoiler

And another OST that I'd like since back when GundamAce review Root Doble back in 2012, 'The Truth is Revealed'

Spoiler

Hope you enjoy the OST from Root Double even though I'd only post 2 here.

Edited by littleshogun

• 3 weeks later...

Just realize that Ever17 had some sort of leitmotif from the gamefaqs since the OST name was not indicating the character name. Might as well put the OST here.

Tsugumi Theme - Qualle (Jellyfish in English)

Sora Theme - Karussel Delphine (Merry-Go-Round Dolphin in Englsh)

You (Not the reader, but in game character) Theme - Lemurianische Ruine (Lemurian Ruins in English)

Sara Theme - Kosmisher Wal (Cosmic Whale in English)

Coco Theme - Weißer Hund (White Dog in English, and I'd use PSP Version)

Enjoy the OST, especially if you fan of Ever17 here.

• 4 weeks later...

Just had sudden thought to post it here (Maybe some member already posted it in the past), but sometimes I leave Youtube tab on my browser open and Youtube automatically played this. Quite catchy if I said. Here's Quantum Jump Full Version from Marika (Furureba VN opening song).

Edited by littleshogun

By far the best VN BGM... Hapymaher.

Propeller games in general...

Dies Irae and Kajiri Kamui Kagura

To be honest, I could keep going for a long time... but I'll just mention that all but a few of the best BGMs I've encountered were not moege/charage, lol.

10. Symphonic Rain - Torta's Theme (do the BGM songs even have names? And, yes, I know it's the BGM version of Torta's vocal song Secret.)

Simple and beautiful. Ever since I reflected on the lyrics after finishing the game, the chorus on this song has hit me especially hard, especially when they double down on the chorus after the bridge in the BGM version.

Spoiler

9. Deus Machine Demonbane - Those Who Challenge Divine Will

The highlight of a great soundtrack. Every time this song came up it got me totally pumped. Craaaap why do I not own this OST. ... Ok, it's not that expensive on Amazon.co.jp, so I ordered it. Now I can continue writing this post.

Spoiler

8. Fate/Stay Night - Unfading Thoughts

I don't think I'm usually a sucker for the slow, yearning songs, but I sure am for this one.

Spoiler

7. KonoSora - Brightening Way

Nothing picks me up the way this song does.

Spoiler

6. Grisaia no Kajitsu - Scab

On the flip-side, few songs are as much of a downer as this one. It's a shame the rip on youtube sounds like total crap.

Spoiler

5. Comyu - Strategy Time

Incredibly slick song. The Comyu soundtrack has some really unusual tracks, vs. your standard VN fare, that I really enjoy, and this is the best of those.

For the life of me, I can't find a youtube link, although I can for other songs on this OST... I fail at internetting.

5. Rewrite - Windflower (Kotori's Theme)

No small contributor to why I think Kotori is best girl. My heart aches when I hear this song.

Spoiler

4. Little Busters! - Boys Don't Cry

I could probably throw out ten "top ten"-worthy tracks from the Little Busters! soundtrack alone, but I'll pick this one. This track eloquently says many things I'm too embarrassed to put into words. The piano arrangement of it is lovely as well, of course.

Spoiler

3. Steins;Gate - Cycle

A 10/10 song from a 10/10 game. Chirpy and hopeful, just like best girl Suzuha.

Spoiler

2. Kanon - The Day I Waited for the Wind

From 1999. Damn. The graphics may not have aged well, but the OST sure as hell has. Another crappy rip on youtube, though. Go buy the OST on iTunes; it's money well-spent, and the real release sounds amazing. You know that thread over there about ASMR? I just got that from listening to this song. So good.

Spoiler

1. Ourai no Gahkthun - The Road of Hope, With You

The BGM artist for both Gahkthun and Inganock is a genius. Even though Sharnoth gets a bad rap, I need to play it someday, as much to hear Blueberry & Yogurt's soundtrack as to read Sakurai's VN. I actually found a WAV version of the soundtrack and made a 30-minute extended cut of this song and have listened to it quite a few times, because it's just that good.

Spoiler

• Eclipsed changed the title to Favorite BGM/soundtrack of a Visual Novel

It's not really a top ten, but here's bunch of tracks I really liked and still listen to from time to time.

• Fate/Hollow Ataraxia - Stranger

Tranquil and little mysterious, this is what starts to play in my mind when I look back to F/HA.

Spoiler

• Narcissu - Pineapple Tree

The soundtrack of Narcissu is S+ overall, but this track is my favorite. It's so really smooth. I could listen this for hours.

Spoiler

•   Shikkoku no Sharnoth - 夕暮の花たち・静かな日

The music in Steampunk games is so good. But everything is better in moderation, so I'll refrain from mentioning more than a few. 
From all the Steampunk games, Sharnoth's OST is my favorite. Might be the Irish folk music influence or something. 

Spoiler

• Shiei no Sona-Nyl - Reminiscence - Warm Memories

I guess I really like sentimental and moody songs, huh. Sona-Nyl has bunch of really nice songs, but this one I like listen the most. It's so warm and cozy.

Spoiler

• Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] - Sorrow

Moving piece that plays during a really moving scene. This one's a pretty interesting since the tone is quite different from what you would normally expect.

Spoiler

•  Kusarihime -「たそがれ月」

Kusarihime is really atmospheric game, and so is the soundtrack. Picking my favorite is pretty hard, so I'll have to do with the one I can find on youtube.

Spoiler

• Forest - Hitori

Much like Kusarihime, Forest has also excellent sound design, though considering the sound-team is the same, it's not that surprising.
These somewhat melancholic pieces are very memorable to me, and I like the faint feeling desperation or something in this one.

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

I remember that one user here like title them for Kara no Shoujo 2 after True Ending, and I'd try to search it, but no luck. Until right now, when I browse randomly and suddenly found that. Here's the title screen theme for Kara no Shoujo 2 after True Ending.

Edited by littleshogun

• 3 weeks later...

well , i do not have a favorite bgm , but i can put some that i like 

Kara no shoujo -  Main theme (the first time i started this vn , i just wasted 15 minutes in the menu listening to this) 

Demonbane- Those who will challenge the divine will 

Tokyo Babel - Blue Wind

That is all , thx for reading this.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, littleshogun said:

There's an interesting OST from Majokoi here. Not the opening, but rather the music when you opening the diary. It's quite calming and nostalgic here, just like some soundtrack from old RPG.

Apparently I know the soundtrack well enough by now that I could hear the song in my head just from your description. That's a pretty memorable track, definitely.

Unfortunately, it seems my favorite track from the OST isn't on the partial soundtrack that comes with the game, so I don't have it handy and I can't find a link to it on youtube (since the youtube uploader of the OST apparently bought the same thing I did), so I just ordered the full OST off cdjapan for myself :sachi:

Not entirely sure if this was already posted but some from Majikoi S. One of the big reasons that I enjoyed playing the game so much was that some of the OST were really good. 

Especially at the beginning, this song really got me hooked on the game.

Spoiler

And maybe this

Spoiler

And this one because its grandiose melody that always seems to remind of the Majikoi sequels as a whole. Everything seems to happen at a much larger scale than in the original.

Spoiler

EDIT: And I always love instrumental BGM like these ones from One Thousand Lies 

Spoiler

On 8/5/2016 at 7:14 AM, Fred the Barber said:

Apparently I know the soundtrack well enough by now that I could hear the song in my head just from your description. That's a pretty memorable track, definitely.

Unfortunately, it seems my favorite track from the OST isn't on the partial soundtrack that comes with the game, so I don't have it handy and I can't find a link to it on youtube (since the youtube uploader of the OST apparently bought the same thing I did), so I just ordered the full OST off cdjapan for myself :sachi:

This song is so nice. I can believe it's found in something I've never even heard of. It makes me want to travel though a vast forest in search of something only known in fairy tales and myths passed down from generation to generation. I can feel time moving by slowly with the cords in this. You truly awakened me to a gem of a song. I must download and hoard for all eternity. Thanks so much!

One of my favorite songs. It touches on a lot of emotions welled up inside me for way too long.