Hello everyone

Heart

I've been pondering for a while now that I should stop lurking and make an account,
I'm kinda shy, and very socially awkward even on the web. 

Anyway, I love playing otome VNs mostly but I also love horror and the psychological.  I would love to hear some recommendations. 

it's a pleasure to meet you all ~

Welcome Heart

I actually was the same as you, and some of that akwardness still shows like with my lack of skills to start any sort of cenversations, but it gets easier over time

I recommend Corpse Party and Higurashi, but those are the common, default ones that everyone recommends, so in addition Saya no Uta has some horror-esque elements along with Kara no Shoujo but to calssify them as horror-VNs is up to the player itself. One other one with good horror elemnts is Chaos;Head.

Hope to see ya around

Hey, welcome to the forum, nice to meet you! :sachi:

The house in Fata Morgana is a fairly newly translated title with horror / psychological aspects. The game is apperantly pretty good, (there is a review about the game written by Solidbatman here if you are interested.)

http://reviews.fuwanovel.net/2016/06/18/the-house-in-fata-morgana/

I don't know anything about otome games, so I'll leave that to someone else :sacchan:

Welcome to the forum, and hope you enjoyed yourself here (I knew this is cliche word, but whatever).

As for recommendation, I think some members above already recommended some good VN, but if I may add maybe Cross Channel (Psychological problem), Grisaia no Kajitsu (Psychological problem), Umineko (Horror and mostly mystery), and maybe also Sekien no Inganock. As for otome, did you play Ozmafia? If not yet, then I'll recommended it to you. And last recommendation from me would be Animamundi, which is old VN translated back at 2006. The VN itself may not had much romance (By the way, it's more shounen ai ie BL), but it was had some horror element if you interested. Hope my recommendation helpful to you, and once again welcome to Fuwanovel here.

Thank you for the replies everyone :D
I liked Corspe Party and despite it's popularity, I only know a little about Higurashi. Which of the two is better?
I plan on getting the House In Fata Morgana in the near-ish future. It looks good.
For the rest, I'm looking them up now.

Welcome to the forums fellow Fuwan.

Hope you can have a good stay, there are a lot of us around here that struggle with being socially awkward in general, not to mention things like social anxiety and the like. All in all I hope it will be a comfortable for you.

In terms of recommendations, I'll second @Deep Blue's one of Saya no Uta, while it's not an otomege it certainly is one of the most fascinating horror stories currently in English.

I lurked for quite awhile and recently joined 2, Its ok being shy and socially awkward, its an endearing quality among anime, manga, Vn lovers :sachi:

I recommend G-senjou no maou, its a thriller, mystery and psychological Vn, Its riveting stuff. Oh checkout Gahktun of the Golden Lighting too. I got a soft spot of Neon, the main chara:kosame: and its a great read.

Btw, where's your profile picture from? I google searched it but its in japanese and i dont think google translates version sounds right? Thanks and good luck Vn hunting!

12 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

I lurked for quite awhile and recently joined 2, Its ok being shy and socially awkward, its an endearing quality among anime, manga, Vn lovers :sachi:

I recommend G-senjou no maou, its a thriller, mystery and psychological Vn, Its riveting stuff. Oh checkout Gahktun of the Golden Lighting too. I got a soft spot of Neon, the main chara:kosame: and its a great read.

Btw, where's your profile picture from? I google searched it but its in japanese and i dont think google translates version sounds right? Thanks and good luck Vn hunting!

It's named Satsuriku no Tenshi or Angel of Slaughter and it has a manga:http://myanimelist.net/manga/96525/Satsuriku_no_Tenshi 

Apparently it also has a video game which it originated from, made in RPG Maker

40 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Yeah, it's from Angel of Slaughter, it's manga adaption.
Sadly, I can't play it since it hasn't been translated to English yet. I have a soft spot for horror rpg maker games. 
It's by the same creator who made Forrest Of The Drizzling Rain

Oh, I've seen references to Saya No Uta in a lot of places, but I didn't know what it was from. Now I know :D

4 hours ago, Novel21 said:

For otome games I recommend Ozmafia, Sweet Fuse and Storm Lover Kai^_^

For Sweet Fuse and Storm Lover Kai, so can you download PSP emulator, which you don't have PSP or PS Vita.

Sweet Fuse can you play on PS Vita but for to play Storm Lover Kai must you download PSP emulator^_^

Well, I've played them all XD
I need to finish all the routes in Sweet Fuse . It's really good, but I have a habit of stopping a game, getting distracted by something else and not picking it up and finishing it for months. 

Hello and welcome to the Fuwa forums, it is always good when a lurker finally steps out of the shadows and joins us (there's no going back now...MWAHAHA *cough*)

I'd say I'm not really fit to give you recommendations for Otome is one of the genre's I usually don't play.

But if  crime/horror/mystery vn are what you are looking for then:

Hope you have fun here and it's nice to meet you. :sachi:

Have some Margit, we all need it

Spoiler

GEUMkbs.png

12 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

Hello and welcome to the Fuwa forums, it is always good when a lurker finally steps out of the shadows and joins us (there's no going back now...MWAHAHA *cough*)

I'd say I'm not really fit to give you recommendations for Otome is one of the genre's I usually don't play.

Reveal hidden contents

GEUMkbs.png

Thank you, I'm checking them out :)

Btw, What is Vn is Margit from? she looks cool

5 minutes ago, Heart said:

Thank you, I'm checking them out :)

Btw, What is Vn is Margit from? she looks cool

She's from the Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! Series or Majikoi for short.

Also no problem, hope you enjoy yourself if you end up playing them.

1 hour ago, Heart said:

Oh, I've seen references to Saya No Uta in a lot of places, but I didn't know what it was from. Now I know :D

Well, I've played them all XD
I need to finish all the routes in Sweet Fuse . It's really good, but I have a habit of stopping a game, getting distracted by something else and not picking it up and finishing it for months. 

I'm the same. since I have not played Sweet Fuse for months now:-)

4 hours ago, DarkZedge said:

Reveal hidden contents

GEUMkbs.png

While I love the series I would hardly call the Cartagra/KnS series horror, it's mostly the crime/mysteries themes with some tragedy in the mix.

7 minutes ago, madvanced said:

While I love the series I would hardly call the Cartagra/KnS series horror, it's mostly the crime/mysteries themes with some tragedy in the mix.

I know, It was my bad but doesn't change the fact that they're a great series all together.

2 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

I know, It was my bad but doesn't change the fact that they're a great series all together.

Nah it's fine just wanted to give my 2 cents I suppose since I do think that it's a great series as well.