Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

Game crashes when Aoi enters the mansion right after he says the following :

Did you change your locale to japanese?

Also, if you ran bat file several times, it probably messed up arc files, so yeah, if locale change doesn't help, try installing it again and running bat as admin once.

when I double clicked on the batch file (even as administrator) it said it couldn't find the files.

Windows 8 by the way.. :(/>

Did you change your locale to japanese?

Also, if you ran bat file several times, it probably messed up arc files, so yeah, if locale change doesn't help, try installing it again and running bat as admin once.

Yes locales is japanese. I managed to play a bunch of other VN.

I'll post here if it works or if not after reinstalling.

occido

What do you mean by "double clicked as administrator". Did they changed this procedure in Win8?

On win7 whatever you doubleclick - then its not as admin, or run as admin - but then its not double click...

Sorry for the double post.

It works after reinstalling it !

It might also have been one of the options I set when starting the game for the first time.

This time I let all of them default except for the window size, just to make sure.

What do you mean by "double clicked as administrator". Did they changed this procedure in Win8?

On win7 whatever you doubleclick - then its not as admin, or run as admin - but then its not double click...

Erm, no. I meant : even when I right click on the .bat and choose to start it as administrator.

By default it'll never be as admin except if I ask for it.

Anyway, when right clicking on a bat file and executing it as admin, by default you'll be in c:/Windows/System32 and I think he's executing these commands there for some reason.

^ did that as well

anyway, just as I posted that someone else found the solution: disabling your User Account Control temporarily seemingly fixes the bat issue

If this really fixes the issue then when you "did this as well" you did something wrong...

What COULD solve the problem as well is adding the following line into the batch file (as the FIRST line), assuming you've used the default directory and that you are using a 64 bits system :

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\MoeNovel\IF MY HEART HAD WINGS
If you are on a 32 bits system, just remove "(x86)". EDIT : I tested it and it works. Thus... assuming you've installed Kono Oozora into program files (=default directory) and that you are using a 64 bits system (= you have both program files (x86) and program files in your C:/ drive) :
  1. Before launching the apply_diffs.bat, right click on it and click on "Modify"
  2. Add the following line as the FIRST line :
  3. Save and close, then right click again on apply_diffs.bat and then 'Run as administrator'.
32-bits users (= those who do NOT have program files (x86) in their C:/ drive) have to add this line (= without (x86)) :
cd C:\Program Files\MoeNovel\IF MY HEART HAD WINGS

Or if you're too lazy or if you're so bad at computers that you do not understand a single word from what I've explained, just download the 'fixed' apply_diffs.bat here :

apply_diffs_fixed64

apply_diffs_fixed32

Note : I've uploaded the files as true .bat files but they seem to be downloaded as.txt. I think some browsers automatically change the format to .txt as a security measure. In that case, just remove the .txt at the end of the file.

If you cannot launch those files (they open as a text document) and if you also cannot see the .txt at the end of the file's name, please follow this very short tutorial.

EDIT : I tested it and it works. Thus... assuming you've installed Kono Oozora into program files (=default directory) and that you are using a 64 bits system (= you have both program files (x86) and program files in your C:/ drive) :

Thanks, added it to first post, but seems like simplest solution is to install it outside program files to begin with.

So, can someone confirm that moving installed game from Program files to outside directory solves it on win7/win8?

It must be inside C:/Users/<nameoftheuser>

Nameoftheuser is the user that is currently logged on the computer.

The desktop for example will do fine as it is located in c:/users/<nameoftheuser>

It must be inside C:/Users/<nameoftheuser>

Nameoftheuser is the user that is currently logged on the computer.

The desktop for example will do fine as it is located in c:/users/<nameoftheuser>

Well any non-system location should be fine.

What COULD solve the problem as well is adding the following line into the batch file (as the FIRST line), assuming you've used the default directory and that you are using a 64 bits system :

If you are on a 32 bits system, just remove "(x86)". EDIT : I tested it and it works. Thus... assuming you've installed Kono Oozora into program files (=default directory) and that you are using a 64 bits system (= you have both program files (x86) and program files....
Work's for me, when i try to open the original .bat i got "acces denied" or "the file doesn't exist" but adding the line

to the .bat as u say and runing as administrator solve the problem, thanks.

I am using windows 8 pro x64 in Spanish i keep in touch if i find something wrong, thank you for all the hard work that you have been done guys ^-^

First of all, thanks for the patch!

Did you change the number of cg-pages back to the japanese version?

The reason why I ask this is that I still have only 8 pages for cgs(iirc jap had 11?) and was wondering if that was a mistake on my end or if that isn't changed in the patch.

Is it planned to re-implement the scene replay?

I've downloaded and played it. It went well in the beginning, but when I played the game from start, there are some bugs like :

1.) Kanako even didn't shown in the beginning

2.) When Ageha and Aoi jump into the water (at the beach), Ageha's CG didn't show up.

Most of bugs that I found were : Sometimes chara didn't show up when the important times T-T

But, in Ageha route, really it's amazing. I can't even sleep because of the Ageha's voices still in my head ! ^_^

Did you change the number of cg-pages back to the japanese version?

The reason why I ask this is that I still have only 8 pages for cgs(iirc jap had 11?) and was wondering if that was a mistake on my end or if that isn't changed in the patch.

Is it planned to re-implement the scene replay?

Indeed, not all CG is present in current gallery. I'll look into it along with scenes replay few days later.

I've downloaded and played it. It went well in the beginning, but when I played the game from start, there are some bugs like :

1.) Kanako even didn't shown in the beginning

2.) When Ageha and Aoi jump into the water (at the beach), Ageha's CG didn't show up.

Most of bugs that I found were : Sometimes chara didn't show up when the important times T-T

But, in Ageha route, really it's amazing. I can't even sleep because of the Ageha's voices still in my head ! ^_^/>

Did it show you console with errors?

Sometimes no CG means there wasn't any to begin with. When it cannot find CG, it throws error.

Should note that old saves actually do work sometimes. I think it has to be the first line of the scene, or script, or something. Had this suspicion it would since it works that way with a lot of other patches, worked well enough here. Noticed right on this scene all the dialogue lines are in brackets though, kind of weird. http://i.imgur.com/akrYcIQ.jpg for example. Also one line ended with a / instead of a period in this same scene. The brackets continued to the end of the scene, but seemed fixed once the next one started. Was when you tell Ageha to go watch the clouds and then go outside to see her at night.

Should note that old saves actually do work sometimes. I think it has to be the first line of the scene, or script, or something.

Yes, it has to point to proper opcode offset, so either beginning of script or pure luck, but its easier to just say "not compatible" than explain that.

Noticed right on this scene all the dialogue lines are in brackets though, kind of weird. http://i.imgur.com/akrYcIQ.jpg for example.

Thanks. Embarrassing stuff, didn't review file before adding it to final release and QC didn't spot it too, ugh. It should be only one such script, and it happens only on Ageha route.

Will upload fix for that in a hour.