Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

On 2017/6/17 at 10:50 AM, BobJones2 said:

Ugh, why are nerds always such assholes on the Internet? No, it is not "easy" to go through 47 pages. Even if the answer is 1 page back, he obviously didn't know that and was obviously intimidated by the 47 pages so thought it would be simpler to just ask. And no, it INFINITELY easier for you to just answer the question than it is for him to go through 47 fucking pages.

Either answer the question, ignore him, or put it on the 1st post if people are asking about it as much as you guys claim. People think Hongfire is full of elitist assholes cuz they ignore comments and questions by new users a lot but at least its better than replying just to be an asshole I suppose.

I guess if you want to sound generous by attacking everyone who are replying to a question with answer anyway, then at least add a profile avatar to look legit.:P

Fuwa is a nice enough community, there are enough translation communities who will tell you to learn Japanese rather than complaining, asking stupid question, or the slightest chasing for a deadline. (Which is a fairly legit point btw, since average learner will be able to understand intermediary Japanese in one year with some daily efforts. Far quicker than vast majority translation projects)

Edited by syfjhz22

42 minutes ago, Pabloc said:

I have no idea when the patch will be done. All that's left to do is technical stuff, and that can take merely a few days or several weeks filled with bugs and crashers. :P

The important thing is that it eventually gets released one day so that people (who can't moonrunes) are able to enjoy and appreciate this game's rightful worth.

Edited by Nier

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

The digital edition of the game is currently on sale on DMM, (NSFW link!), so now is the time to buy it if you don't have the game yet.

Just to make sure that people won't waste their money. At this moment there is no guarantee that this edition will be supported by the patch.

1 hour ago, メルP said:

Just to make sure that people won't waste their money. At this moment there is no guarantee that this edition will be supported by the patch.

Ah, of course.

I already own this version, so if you'd like, I can act as a guinea pig and check if the patch works with this version whenever you have a functional patch ready.

(I have no idea how the technical stuff inside the files works, so this might not mean anything, but the files from this DL version appears to be essentially identical to the files from my physical ver. of Flight Diary.)

35 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Ah, of course.

I already own this version, so if you'd like, I can act as a guinea pig and check if the patch works with this version whenever you have a functional patch ready.

(I have no idea how the technical stuff inside the files works, so this might not mean anything, but the files from this DL version appears to be essentially identical to the files from my physical ver. of Flight Diary.)

Wait what? Flight Diary? You lost me there... If you mean that the files are identical to your physical Konosora (main VN), that's cool. However I am sure there are different physical editions out there. I had a number of reports that my old patch 1.2.6 doesn't support newer ones. But so far I never had access to them to see whats going on.

Edited by メルP

7 minutes ago, メルP said:

Wait what? Flight Diary? You lost me there... If you mean that the files are identical to your physical Konosora (main VN), that's cool. However I am sure there are different physical editions out there. I had a number of reports that my old patch 1.2.6 doesn't support newer ones. But so far I never had access to them to see whats going on.

I don't have the physical version of the main game, so Flight Diary was the best I could compare to. I just figured if the files are identical to the fandisk, they'd surely be the same as the physical main game, too. That's why I brought up Flight Diary. I should probably have mentioned that, lol. 

15 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

I don't have the physical version of the main game, so Flight Diary was the best I could compare to. I just figured if the files are identical to the fandisk, they'd surely be the same as the physical main game, too. That's why I brought up Flight Diary. I should probably have mentioned that, lol. 

By saying they are the same you mean files have identical names? If so, this is where similarity ends.
In addition to that, various physical editions of the same VN, be is main version or FD have internal differences too.

Edited by メルP

Just now, メルP said:

By saying they are the same you mean files have identical names? If so, this is where similarity ends.
In addition to that, various physical editions of the same VN, be is main version or FD have internal differences too.

Yeah, I'm only going by the names of the files, so it probably doesn't mean much, I suppose. :P

Anyways, I'd happily check if the patch works with the DL edition whenever you guys finish the patch, at least.

1 hour ago, Kiriririri said:

The DRM probably will fuck it

Hmm, maybe, though the DMM DRM is only a one time log-in with your DMM account. It had no effect on the digital edition of 11 eyes when patching that. It's one of the lightest DRM systems I have seen from Japanese digital stores. DLsite, for instance, is usually much worse. 

11 hours ago, Dergonu said:

The digital edition of the game is currently on sale on DMM, (NSFW link!), so now is the time to buy it if you don't have the game yet.

(EDIT: Not yet confirmed if this will work with the patch or not.)

Wow, is it a standard for a VN to still cost 7000 Yen even so long after the release, even as a digital version?

@garine

After some initial QC, it turned out that common route still needs some more work - at the beginning I was only focusing on fixing mistranslations, and since the common route wasn't compltely screwed up, there's still quite a lot of MoeNovel's garbage writing left there. So, I'm going to check the whole common route again and edit it a little more. Fixing the writing shouldn't take too long and will improve the quality a lot, so it's worth the effort.

I'm on vacation now, so don't expect any updates for the next 2-3 weeks though. :P

• 1 month later...