Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

Hey Guys...

I'm too lazy to go through all 26 Pages so i will ask you instead  :D

Is there anyone who are working on translating the Fandisc "Flight Diary" ?

Thanks & Greetz

More "yes" than "no", take a look:

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2837-will-someone-ever-translate-kono-oozora-ni-tsubasa-wo-hirogete-flight-diary/?p=132233

So i've been wanting to read this for awhile but many people have told me the mownovel translation is bad and they butchered the VN. My question is how much of the game is "restored" in this patch on fuwanovel. I know they completely redid Agehas's route in the moenovel release does this patch restore that route to what it was meant to be or does it merely fix some grammar issues and add the H-scenes back in? Some clarification would be appreciated. Thanks

From what I understand, this patch (the one that's out) does not fix much else other than the H-Scenes.

However, the 2nd patch (which is currently in the works, as far as I'm aware the common route has been fixed and they're currently working on Kotori's route) will supposedly fix everything.

From what I've seen, there is a possibility the patch will never be finished and only common route and Kotori's route will be released due to lack of team members.

But I'm not really too sure about all of this, so to anyone who does know, have I said any falsities? 

So Ageha's route is still the same as when moenovel changed it and this patch ( the one thats out atm ) doesnt restore it to what it was in the orignal JPN version?

Currently, no. It does add the H-Scenes back, so it would indubitably alter MoeNovel's story, which was made in order to avoid said scenes. But Ageha's route is still a terrible mishmash and I'd say you wouldn't even understand half of the route if you read it now.

From what I understand, this patch (the one that's out) does not fix much else other than the H-Scenes.

However, the 2nd patch (which is currently in the works, as far as I'm aware the common route has been fixed and they're currently working on Kotori's route) will supposedly fix everything.

From what I've seen, there is a possibility the patch will never be finished and only common route and Kotori's route will be released due to lack of team members.

But I'm not really too sure about all of this, so to anyone who does know, have I said any falsities? 

Yeah, that's mostly correct.

@Killsjoyz

Personally, I find even Kotori's route quite thoroughly butchered. I posted some samples on VNDB (link in post #644), you can check if you can stand that sort of """quality""".

I don't think I will be stubborn enough to keep working on it for more than another year, so you can consider waiting for however much will be done until I ragequit. :P

Wait. Wait. Wait. There's a problem with Ageha's route, I didn't have any problems with it when I read it a month or two back. Man my english must suck

I'll be honest here. I believe that I'm quite proficient in the English language, and yet the beginning of Ageha's route as total gibberish to me. I simply must assume "u no speak english"

Personally, I find even Kotori's route quite thoroughly butchered. I posted some samples on VNDB (link in post #644), you can check if you can stand that sort of """quality""".

I don't think I will be stubborn enough to keep working on it for more than another year, so you can consider waiting for however much will be done until I ragequit. :P

Isn't it better just to laugh at their translation and then show them how it's done? That's a way to gather motivation. 

Isn't it better just to laugh at their translation and then show them how it's done? That's a way to gather motivation.

Practicing my Japanese is a better motivation. Their translators wouldn't know a good TL if it bit them in the ass anyway... :P

Still, dealing with pure garbage can be quite annoying, so my motivation has it's limits.

Hey everyone!!!

I have not been on this topic in a while and i just wanted to know how everything is going on. I know when i installed the first patch it really didnt do much. It didnt restore any of the h-scenes at all. I was wondering if the second in almost done and it will restore everything like the original. Do they have a date of when its gonna be released? I dont know... Im just curious i guess...

Hey everyone!!!

I have not been on this topic in a while and i just wanted to know how everything is going on. I know when i installed the first patch it really didnt do much. It didnt restore any of the h-scenes at all. I was wondering if the second in almost done and it will restore everything like the original. Do they have a date of when its gonna be released? I dont know... Im just curious i guess...

It's not just the mistranslations, the English as written is borderline incomprehensible and I've had to reread multiple entire scenes in order to figure out what was actually being said, and I'm a native English speaker. Maybe non-native speakers are just used to having to piece together the language in their minds? 

It's not just the mistranslations, the English as written is borderline incomprehensible and I've had to reread multiple entire scenes in order to figure out what was actually being said, and I'm a native English speaker. Maybe non-native speakers are just used to having to piece together the language in their minds? 

But I'm no native and yet I didn't understand anything!

Why do I only get the bad traits of not being a native?! D:

Wow Ageha's route was totally filled with bad English how could you not notice it? lmfao

I was speed reading it, I don't like Ageha that much anyway so I was trying to finish it as quickly as possible. I've got to go re-read this, cuz I feel stupid if everyone but me notices. As a native english speaker this injustice shall not stand

Edit: So I just started reading it again and not even five minutes in I read

Aoi

"We covered the glider at the runway and then we covered the glider with a sheet."

So is it stuff like this you guys were talking about

Edited by V_Kitsune_V

I was speed reading it, I don't like Ageha that much anyway so I was trying to finish it as quickly as possible. I've got to go re-read this, cuz I feel stupid if everyone but me notices. As a native english speaker this injustice shall not stand

Edit: So I just started reading it again and not even five minutes in I read

Aoi

"We covered the glider at the runway and then we covered the glider with a sheet."

So is it stuff like this you guys were talking about

Yes. Even better is when there's a conversation and the reply has nothing to do with the question. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Neo_Usui I had those same errors the first time I tried the patch as well. Its not a patching problem. I had to run the program as a Japanese system locale.  

Install this  http://www.hongfire.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=329

Then right click game and select "Run with Japanese Locale as Administrator"  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22064793/Screenshot%202014-09-14%2020.58.34.png

It should (hopefully) work after that. It did for me anyway