Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

just by the numbers on the spreadsheet, it's about 72%

that's just raw translations though.

btw rusanon we are releasing a raw translations patch + MN script aren't we?

I should be able to make more progress on editing the Kotori stuff starting tomorrow, so hopefully that patch will also be ready soon.

I'm looking forward to testing the Asa patch, provided I can stomach that first H scene. 2weird4me.

We have preliminary date for public release settled: 14th july.

This means Amane, Kotori, Yoru and Ageha should be edited before Friday, so we could run some final QC on edited version.

Current editors:

Kotori — Buttface

Yoru — Rakushun

Ageha — Paragon4696

Amane — no editor assigned, need someone who can finish 8209 lines before deadline.

Common route editing — I think at this point its better to just keep checking it in game and editing as errors are spotted.

I've fixed most of senpai/sensei honorifics, but could miss some of them, needs to be reported and fixed.

There's also issues with quotes and line breaks, these should be fixed automatically by Wed, so don't bother reporting them.

If its a translation patch, I own the JP version of the game, if that helps any?

I have both of them, obviously. Patch is targeting EN release, so no idea if it will work with JP.

You can get it running if you just replace Rio.arc of jp version with our one, but there will be probably tons of errors, esp. with animation and movies.

Do you guys still need a native english speaker to work on modifying MN’s original TL of IMHHW to make it sound more natural to english speakers and do follow-up work on the stuff translated by this project? If so let me know I might be able to help.

I've some interest in this project (no, other projects I'm on are not dead), so a couple questions:

What format/work environment will be available for working with the scripts?

How will versioning be tracked?

How do you envision the TLC work will be split up?

How long is the whole game (time-wise, if I played through it like a normal person)?

What format/work environment will be available for working with the scripts?

they're using google docs spreadsheets

very nice setup, i just write my sentence and press enter to go next line.

How long is the whole game (time-wise, if I played through it like a normal person)?

The full game is 50990 lines i think.

This is great news, i purchased it today, and played some of it. But quickly decided that it is too good to read an incomplete version. Or in other words, Kotori is <3, and i dont want to miss even a second with her.

So when the first restoration patch is out, i will restart it. Luckily my English is not good enough to be bothered too much by the translation as it is now.

Heads up to everyone.

I noticed something while editing that may be true for the other routes as well.

In Kotori's route, there are a total of five instances of a misplaced line, all at various points in the route. It's always the same line, and it's there in the MoeNovel release.

summer+sure+does+start+a+lot.png

As you'll notice, the Japanese isn't the same for any of these instances, and, in fact, none of them actually translate to "Then, just around the time when summer was about to start..." at all.

Now, this is a line that does actually come up later in Kotori's route, but there may be similar cases of misplaced lines in the other routes, so be wary.

Here's the fifth instance not shown in the screenshot, as well as proof that it's in the untouched MoeNovel release

mistranslation.png

In Kotori's route, there are a total of five instances of a misplaced line, all at various points in the route. It's always the same line, and it's there in the MoeNovel release.

Yeah, there's plenty of such mistakes, mistranslations and mismatches. Translators are fixing them when spot, but full TLC is impossible at this point.

Yeah, there's plenty of such mistakes, mistranslations and mismatches. Translators are fixing them when spot, but full TLC is impossible at this point.

I was fortunate enough to get all of the lines properly translated by someone in the VN general on 4chan.

The post was mostly as a warning for the other editors in case they come across anything like that that slipped by the translators.

I was fortunate enough to get all of the lines properly translated by someone in the VN general on 4chan.

The post was mostly as a warning for the other editors in case they come across anything like that that slipped by the translators.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be more cautious when I go through the scripts.

Patch with all routes translated is uploaded to the same place. More QC needed, so if you have some free time, please PM me for patch links.

Known issues:

- Choices are in jp, intentional to make it easier to follow walkthrough, will fix before release.

- Brief error in CO1_015, just close it, I'll fix it within day. It doesn't affect game in any way.

If you run into freezing/lines looping, please PM me immediately. I've fixed all occurrences and their sources I know about, but I've tested only Asa and Kotori myself yet.

Save often to avoid replaying it in case some of bugs still exist.

For other errors please add them at appropriate sheets of error reporting gdoc.

Walkthrough:

http://seiya-saiga.com/game/pulltop/konosora.html

Saves from original EN or from original JP versions are not compatible.

Edit: uploaded new version with fixed tl for missing lines.