What Site Work Would You Like To See?

Please consider taking this survey (Link) and let me know what you want to see fixed/improved upon across the various Fuwanovel sites. Your feedback will determine my work priorities this Summer/Fall. (Forum Post)

< 3 - Tay

You can dismiss this alert by clicking on the "X" button

RusAnon

Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

The digital edition of the game is currently on sale on DMM, (NSFW link!), so now is the time to buy it if you don't have the game yet.

Just to make sure that people won't waste their money. At this moment there is no guarantee that this edition will be supported by the patch.

1 hour ago, メルP said:

Just to make sure that people won't waste their money. At this moment there is no guarantee that this edition will be supported by the patch.

Ah, of course.

I already own this version, so if you'd like, I can act as a guinea pig and check if the patch works with this version whenever you have a functional patch ready.

(I have no idea how the technical stuff inside the files works, so this might not mean anything, but the files from this DL version appears to be essentially identical to the files from my physical ver. of Flight Diary.)

35 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Ah, of course.

I already own this version, so if you'd like, I can act as a guinea pig and check if the patch works with this version whenever you have a functional patch ready.

(I have no idea how the technical stuff inside the files works, so this might not mean anything, but the files from this DL version appears to be essentially identical to the files from my physical ver. of Flight Diary.)

Wait what? Flight Diary? You lost me there... If you mean that the files are identical to your physical Konosora (main VN), that's cool. However I am sure there are different physical editions out there. I had a number of reports that my old patch 1.2.6 doesn't support newer ones. But so far I never had access to them to see whats going on.

Edited by メルP

7 minutes ago, メルP said:

Wait what? Flight Diary? You lost me there... If you mean that the files are identical to your physical Konosora (main VN), that's cool. However I am sure there are different physical editions out there. I had a number of reports that my old patch 1.2.6 doesn't support newer ones. But so far I never had access to them to see whats going on.

I don't have the physical version of the main game, so Flight Diary was the best I could compare to. I just figured if the files are identical to the fandisk, they'd surely be the same as the physical main game, too. That's why I brought up Flight Diary. I should probably have mentioned that, lol. 

15 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

I don't have the physical version of the main game, so Flight Diary was the best I could compare to. I just figured if the files are identical to the fandisk, they'd surely be the same as the physical main game, too. That's why I brought up Flight Diary. I should probably have mentioned that, lol. 

By saying they are the same you mean files have identical names? If so, this is where similarity ends.
In addition to that, various physical editions of the same VN, be is main version or FD have internal differences too.

Edited by メルP

Just now, メルP said:

By saying they are the same you mean files have identical names? If so, this is where similarity ends.
In addition to that, various physical editions of the same VN, be is main version or FD have internal differences too.

Yeah, I'm only going by the names of the files, so it probably doesn't mean much, I suppose. :P

Anyways, I'd happily check if the patch works with the DL edition whenever you guys finish the patch, at least.

1 hour ago, Kiriririri said:

The DRM probably will fuck it

Hmm, maybe, though the DMM DRM is only a one time log-in with your DMM account. It had no effect on the digital edition of 11 eyes when patching that. It's one of the lightest DRM systems I have seen from Japanese digital stores. DLsite, for instance, is usually much worse. 

11 hours ago, Dergonu said:

The digital edition of the game is currently on sale on DMM, (NSFW link!), so now is the time to buy it if you don't have the game yet.

(EDIT: Not yet confirmed if this will work with the patch or not.)

Wow, is it a standard for a VN to still cost 7000 Yen even so long after the release, even as a digital version?

@garine

After some initial QC, it turned out that common route still needs some more work - at the beginning I was only focusing on fixing mistranslations, and since the common route wasn't compltely screwed up, there's still quite a lot of MoeNovel's garbage writing left there. So, I'm going to check the whole common route again and edit it a little more. Fixing the writing shouldn't take too long and will improve the quality a lot, so it's worth the effort.

I'm on vacation now, so don't expect any updates for the next 2-3 weeks though. :P

Oh, Fuwa is alive. Damn, I completely missed that (and I also turned off e-mail notifications for some reason, good job me). >_<

Well, that Fuwapocalypse delayed things quite a bit - it happened just when I was going to ask for some help with QC. I edited most of the common route in the meantime, so it should be decent enough now. That's as much as I can do, because I kinda ran out of free time. -.-'

Right now Decay is QC-ing Amane's route and our editor is checking Kotori's route (because that was the 1st route I fixed, so it can still have some MoeNovel crap left intact). That leaves Common, Ageha's and twins' routes for QC. Cry0 already volunteered to help, but we could use 1-2 more people to split the work and finish it faster. If anyone is interested, feel free to join. ^^ So far we're only testing the patch with the 2012 JP releases though, so make sure you have either this or this one.

I still have to tidy up the scripts a bit (I probably won't have time to do this before weekend), and then MeruP will have to put together a new patch, so there's still a little time before the QC starts.

1 hour ago, Intrinsic said:

Glad to see this thread is still alive. I purchased the original English release at launch, and plan to play it if this patch is ever finished...

The patch will not be compatible with any MoeNovel release (all All-Ages versions), you need to purchase a Japanese copy either Regular Edition or Limited Edition (or get it any other way) which is what @Pabloc has said and he linked (from VNDB) the two versions in his post.

3 hours ago, Intrinsic said:

:( I thought this was originally started to fix the release that everyone bought. I don't see me buying the game again.

For one getting a Japanese copy would be expensive due to having to importing it (I got it via torrent) and it is easier for the team to work with the Japanese version instead of trying to fix the butchered MoeNovel release.