RusAnon

Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

1 hour ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I... would recommend it.

Keeping in mind this translation is not yet finished, and that even when it is it'll likely not function with the steam version, Ageha's route is nigh-on incomprehensible. It seems worse than machine translation, rewrites (badly) scenes from the original Japanese, and you'll oftentimes find yourself unable to comprehend what's going on. To top it off, the rewrites rewrite some important scenes for the overall plot of the route, rendering it even more mystifying.

Have to +1 this. There are long stretches of the route where it's literally impossible to understand what is being said both at the level of a line, and even in the big picture. MoeNovel's release of Ageha's route is basically unreadable, far beyond the problems of Kotori's and Amane's routes.

16 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I... would recommend it.

Ageha's route is nigh-on incomprehensible.

Thank you I guessed as much, but had incorrectly assumed this patch was nearly complete as first post had been updated. To avoid tarnishing the great experience I've had reading Kona Oozora so far, I'll shelf it for now and pick another game from Kaguya's amazing list. 

Out of interest, I'm visiting Japan for first time (Nagoya only) for 3 days to attend a friends wedding. Can you often find old games in the shops over there? I ask as this trip would be an ideal opportunity for myself to acquire a copy of the game if possible. 

Thanks again Mr Poltroon, and others that weighed in. 

Edited by Trickay

The problem with Ageha, as I understand it, is that the real plot of the route unavoidably includes having sex.  Since the release censored even kissing scenes, that was right out.

I suspect the censorship decision was made late in the dev process.  The demo apparently had an .ini setting or a flag in the savedata or something called SweetLovePatch.  (I don't think it actually did anything, but it was there.)  I can't imagine that Ageha's route was planned to end up like it did.  Most likely, they ran out of development time and/or the Japanese higher-ups don't know how bad it was.

Either way, if this game really did sell a hundred thousand copies, I am not impressed by the fact they never fixed it.  They could have finished hacking the script up into something that at least made sense.  But they didn't.

Made an account just to say that I'm really looking forward to this patch. I have to stop playing Kono Oozora cause the translation was so horrid I cant continue. Thank you so much for your effort, I hope the patch will come out soon.

On 3/18/2017 at 10:31 PM, Kotori-chan said:

Assuming that there will be no Steam patch, where can I go to the Japanese version? I've already bought the game on Steam, and I only need to complete the Ageha route so I'd prefer not to have to fork over more money.

You can buy the Japanese version from places that are legally selling it, like amazon.co.jp or DMM.  It's against the rules to ask for or give links to illegal downloads, which I'm assuming was what you were asking for.

@Zenophilious Yeah....no thanks. I know it's wrong but I really don't have an abundance of money to buy everything twice just because the first one was a little f*cked. And I assume PULLTOP gets some money from steam sales.

RE: Yea, I said I know it's wrong. Also, I bought the steam version without knowing anything about the original game :amane:

Edited by garine
No need for another post just for short reply I guess

1 hour ago, garine said:

@Zenophilious Yeah....no thanks. I know it's wrong but I really don't have an abundance of money to buy everything twice just because the first one was a little f*cked. And I assume PULLTOP gets some money from steam sales.

Please don't try to rationalize stealing a copy, because that is incredibly stupid.  You paid for the "f*cked" version.  You are not entitled to the original just because you bought the crappier version.  The reason it's so cheap is because it's garbage, and very few people would pay anything higher for it.  if you didn't want the version with the censorship and the nonsensical English, then you shouldn't have bought it in the first place, and bought the original instead.

Once again, these forums and this thread are not the place to talk about piracy.  Please stop doing it, or I'll be forced to start removing posts that continue the topic.

On 9.04.2017 at 2:10 PM, Waff1ez said:

Pabloc hows the progress going?

Amane's route TL is at ~75%, while all other routes are fully translated and edited. It's almost done, but I don't have too much time lately, so I probably won't be able to finish it in April.

On 12/04/2017 at 11:28 AM, Pabloc said:

Amane's route TL is at ~75%, while all other routes are fully translated and edited. It's almost done, but I don't have too much time lately, so I probably won't be able to finish it in April.

Take your time Pabloc, real life takes precedence. Thank you for your perseverance and for keeping us updated! ;)

Edited by FabrM

I really don't think the translation was that bad (not saying it was good).

I enjoyed the game nonetheless (every route completed), but I should say, that I often read Japanese visual novels with VNR, so that might be the cause for my high tolerance.

Comparing the translation to that of Koiken Otome, then this one really isn't that bad at all =P

3 hours ago, dinosw said:

I really don't think the translation was that bad (not saying it was good).

I enjoyed the game nonetheless (every route completed), but I should say, that I often read Japanese visual novels with VNR, so that might be the cause for my high tolerance.

Comparing the translation to that of Koiken Otome, then this one really isn't that bad at all =P

Koiken otome translation was good as far as I read (two routes so far) . If you come to complain about koiken's translation and say that IMHW is not bad, your japanese is (for me at least) very questionable.

On 4/30/2017 at 5:05 AM, dinosw said:

You are comparing a fan translation to a company who's job was to translate... I don't think that should even be something you do. Consider the fact that MoeNovel was PAID to sell us Kono Oozora where as Flying Pantsu translated Koiken Otome for free. 

Edited by Waff1ez
Better grammar

Just a quick question. Will the Re-translation patch be compatible with the version released with the  "Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete Flight Diary - Original Work Bundled Pack" ?As thats the version I have.

8 hours ago, garine said:

I'd say that's fandisk called Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete Flight Diary so no. Not sure what the "Original Work Bundled Pack" means though.

It's this release, and the "original work bundled pack" part is trying to say that it's both the original and the fan disc bundled together (note that this version appears on both the main game's release list and the fan disc's release list, and that similarly, both games are linked from that release).

Now, that isn't to say it either will or won't work, of course, since different releases of the same game often have different file versions, different copy protection, etc., . The only way to know is to test it.

Yeah I did search for info about it but I didn't learn anything from vndb or anywhere else.

Maybe try using the current patch on it @makina76 - http://meruppi.blogspot.com/2013/07/english-translation-patch-10.html (you need to have both the base game and sweet love installed for it to work)

Edited by garine

So called 本編同梱パック (bundle pack) is a commercial tactic used by many Japanese software developer targeted for unique shopping behaviour of Japanese consumer: Japanese consumer especially Otaku have a habit of collecting, meaning if I like this game, I will buy any new release for this game for collection purpose.

To take this advantage, software developer sell old game like new game. Bundle pack is actually the old games, just combine them to make these look new so it can sell at new game price (Erogame price drop significantly over time), and collector like me will probably buy it as well : (

In short, bundle pack has absolutely no difference at all when compare with original game and original fan disk.

3 hours ago, syfjhz22 said:

In short, bundle pack has absolutely no difference at all when compare with original game and original fan disk.

Not 100% the truth. Sometimes they do update the game engine (like with Magus Tale) which could cause a problem with the patch.
But mostly doesn't change anything yes.

17 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Not 100% the truth. Sometimes they do update the game engine (like with Magus Tale) which could cause a problem with the patch.
But mostly doesn't change anything yes.

Oh yeah, you are right there are a very few. You remind me that defunct CROSS NET also got engine changed bundle pack if I remember correctly.