Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

As everyone already know, MoeNovel released crippled EN version of popular in Japan game Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete.
Both translation quality and removal of significant portion of game provide substandard experience to EN auditory, not worth the money they ask for it.

So here comes our project to fix at least some of these problems.

First patch released!

Notes for patch:
1. Japanese locale needed!
2. On Windows 7/8 you have to install game OUTSIDE of Program Files directory or use fixed bat files!

3. One 100-lines script on Ageha route missed QC and editor there used [] instead proper quotes for spoken lines, fix is here: http://rghost.net/47445403 (Just replace old one in game folder with this file)

Next stage: QC everything, do TLC on MN part of route scripts, fix bugs with first patch. ETA for release: end of July, but obviously sooner if anything serious is spotted with first patch.

Still looking for more QC and TLC volunteers.

yea i can do the h-scenes if u like.

i shouldn't advertise this right?

actually i think you want to do this fast. the main purpose is to re-add the scenes that were removed so that it's no longer an inferior version. especially right now after the marketing blitz with every anime news site on earth just having covered it.

i would just skip the TLC & Edits and save that for a much later release later down the track.

Re-adding the H-scenes and removed scenes are most important because that's the primary complaint.

what do you think?

i shouldn't advertise this right?

I dont care about C&Ds, and advertising this could actually let people know we are working on restoring scenes, so they may delay reading the game.

Plus maybe some more people would volunteer to do translating, and speed it up.

actually i think you want to do this fast. the main purpose is to re-add the scenes that were removed so that it's no longer an inferior version.

i would just skip the TLC & Edits and save that for a much later release later down the track.

Re-adding the H-scenes and removed scenes are most important because that's the primary complaint.

what do you think?

Well, sure we can release it in several stages, first restoring scenes and CG back, and then doing proper work on other text.

Just have to make sure people know that both original MN's tl and restored one would be inferior and still having some parts of text censored.

I dont care about C&Ds, and advertising this could actually let people know we are working on restoring scenes, so they may delay reading the game.

Plus maybe some more people would volunteer to do translating, and speed it up.

okay. ill spread the word. (not just me. every1 should)

Well, sure we can release it in several stages, first restoring scenes and CG back, and then doing proper work on other text.

Just have to make sure people know that both original MN's tl and restored one would be inferior and still having some parts of text censored.

thanks.

yes plz

Awesome, I can give you moral support and maybe some spread of word and the classic "ask around" for more help.

Also there is currently torrent [torrents no longer allowed Fuwa 2015] for the game, hope this is the version that works ohmy.gif

Btw the torrent was flagged and I do not know nyaa's policies in these scenarios (where official publisher asks for removal) so in case it gets taken down, you might want to DL now (ill keep a copy if someone needs anyway).

Awesome, I can give you moral support and maybe some spread of word and the classic "ask around" for more help.

Or you could help with QC stuff, we really need someone to go through both JP and EN versions and write down all spots which feature different scenes. I've identified major censorship automatically, and can restore CG automatically, but jokes and some other subtler content still needs human work.

Also there is currently torrent [torrents no longer allowed Fuwa 2015] for the game, hope this is the version that works ohmy.gif/>

I believe I used that torrent myself for extraction, so yeah, its the one that will work with patch.

" re-translating portions of text they censored, including sex-related jokes and other adult text."

Just going to quote from the /jp/ thread, as this stuff should be fairly easy to find if you can identify the same way, just by identifying where these are in scripts

I extracted the voice files from both EN and JP versions of the game.

69 voice files have been edited. (Mostly to remove kissing sounds, dirty jokes.. etc)

2642 voice files found in JP version missing in EN version. (H scenes I would assume.)

369 new voice files found in EN version but not in JP version.

In total:

JP: 21,499 files

EN: 19,226 files

I see, if the voices are directly addressed in the script, I could download the English script, the Japanese script and maybe that way I could point out where the liens are missing or use different voice (like if the line has exact filename of the packed voice file)?

Other than that I don't know how else I could figure out which scenes are different, other than playing the game with Aggregator in Japanese (which would take me ages, I tried reading with Aggregator few times)

Just going to quote from the /jp/ thread, as this stuff should be fairly easy to find if you can identify the same way, just by identifying where these are in scripts

Yeah, I've done similar analysis, but not every line is voiced, so this method is not 100% accurate. Will use that as initial indicator of changed scenes, but still has to be human-checked at some point.

Yeah, I've done similar analysis, but not every line is voiced, so this method is not 100% accurate. Will use that as initial indicator of changed scenes, but still has to be human-checked at some point.

Well yes that is true not every line is true, but it should help locate where everything except potentially single line unvoiced observations by the protag.

Actually would it be possible once the already known to be missing lines are translated to release a patch that would also apply on the Japanese version, therefore allowing to check missing lines (those that are still in Japanese, easy to spot) while also proofreading the understandability and betatesting the release?

This really is great news. Hopefully this project will go smoothly. Some things that may be helpful:

Konosora extraction tool: http://asmodean.reverse.net/pages/exoozoarc.html

Script converter (to .txt): http://www.geocities.jp/hoku_hoshi/souko/souko103.html

Script comparison between JP and EN: http://pastebin.com/7j9MC1XF

Best of luck to everyone working on this. And fuck MoeNovel.

well none of this would have been possible if it werent for moenovel. it's when they come in with the C&D, THEN you can say it

To make it clear: this project is not intended to be "fuck you" to MN (yet). Thats why it will work on EN version rather than original JP, to encourage people to buy official translation and use patch with it. Its just a message to them that we want full experience and are not happy with such severe censorship and subpar TL.

To make it clear: this project is not intended to be "fuck you" to MN (yet). Thats why it will work on EN version rather than original JP, to encourage people to buy official translation and use patch with it. Its just a message to them that we want full experience and are not happy with such severe censorship and subpar TL.

Wouldn't it be easier to use the JP version as a base? Otherwise the cut CG and voice will have to be distributed with the patch. Or will the patch require you to own both version of the game?

I get and respect your idea, but if it was up to me, I would go with what is easier to do :)

Which for checking what is actually missing would work great on the original JP release (and it would encourage people to buy the original JP version if they desired :P).

But ill be happy to help with whichever version anyways.

As someone who is reading VN right now (done with Kotori and reading Ageha) will the patch be able to make the new text (perv jokes, adult stuff) so that it won't detect that as a read text? I mean if I would use skip option, will it skip the "new" text that patch brings back? Or will I have to reread everything once patch is out? ( not that I mind doing it again )

As someone who is reading VN right now (done with Kotori and reading Ageha) will the patch be able to make the new text (perv jokes, adult stuff) so that it won't detect that as a read text? I mean if I would use skip option, will it skip the "new" text that patch brings back? Or will I have to reread everything once patch is out? ( not that I mind doing it again )

No idea, this will have to tested. But I doubt it would be compatible with old saves at all.

may I volunteer? I can become an editor

I think some introduction is needed, so here it is!

I'm not a native speaker (I remember Aaeru asking for native speakers), English is my second language

I'm an international student currently studying in Singapore

it's more like my qualification, rather than introduction...

anyway, my problem is that I cannot start right away at this moment, reason will be given if you decide to choose me

and I better end it here, as this is typed with a phone (connected to how I cannot start right away)

No idea, this will have to tested. But I doubt it would be compatible with old saves at all.

Thanks for reply. I will just complete my current route and will be waiting then. If there is anything I can help with your project, I would be more than happy. I can do some rough TL, but my japanese skills aren't very good hehe :)