Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

On 12/31/2017 at 10:19 AM, Pabloc said:

New Year is coming - time for some news. ^^

We finished the 1st QC pass. We still need to tweak some stuff, fix a few issues and then playtest the (hopefully) final version of the patch so it will take some time, but we're getting close~ish to releasing it. :D

After 5 long years the MoeNovel infamy against this game will be erased!

Been sitting on this VN for years, and finally got the restoration and sweetlove patches working. Was really happy with everything... until I got to Ageha's route. The quality just... crashed, for reasons mentioned way back at the start of this thread - poor translations and disjointed dialog - and it just soured my entire view of the scenes I noticed it in. Constantly wondering if what was being written was accurate, or even close to correct.

Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to the updated patch you all are working on. I really hope it'll be compatible with the steam version. Thanks for your hard work.

On 12/31/2017 at 4:19 AM, Pabloc said:

New Year is coming - time for some news. ^^

We finished the 1st QC pass. We still need to tweak some stuff, fix a few issues and then playtest the (hopefully) final version of the patch so it will take some time, but we're getting close~ish to releasing it. :D

Where will the release be posted once it's finished?

7 hours ago, Joulskr said:

Been sitting on this VN for years, and finally got the restoration and sweetlove patches working. Was really happy with everything... until I got to Ageha's route. The quality just... crashed, for reasons mentioned way back at the start of this thread - poor translations and disjointed dialog - and it just soured my entire view of the scenes I noticed it in. Constantly wondering if what was being written was accurate, or even close to correct.

Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to the updated patch you all are working on. I really hope it'll be compatible with the steam version. Thanks for your hard work.

Well regardless if it'll work with Steam version

I can guarantee it's a LOT more readable.

3 hours ago, glupak said:

Since this started as a h-restoration patch will it include the h-restoration or will that have to be patched seperately?

There is no restoration necessary because the patch is only compatible with either the standard or limited edition Japanese releases.

It would be best for them not to waste their time trying to restore the butchered MoeNovel releases (Steam and non-Steam), all they have to do with the original Japanese release is translate them.

About Ageha's route, I never had any problems understanding it with the Japanese version and the patch that gos to it, the restoration patch for the MoeNovel release is just really bad.

Edited by Shaun

• 3 weeks later...

It surprised me that MoeNovel would release a Chinese version.

The fan translation group has been working on this for nearly 5 years, now they finally are pushing very hard for a fan translation before official one, so I guess it's not a bad thing really...:P

Here you go:  DL site purchase link

If you want to buy a Japanese game, don't try searching under the English name.  Most of the time you won't get anywhere fast.  You need to search for the game under its original Japanese name.  This brought it right up for me:

1) Google the English name of the game + VNDB

2) On the game's VNDB page, copy the Japanese name of the game

3) Google the Japanese name of the game, plus "DL Site".

7 hours ago, Mexxman said:

Is there any way to buy or download the Japanese version? I've been searching the Internet for at least 4 hours now with no avail.

Do you need physical copy?

Limited for 4000 yen https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1049399246

Normal for 2000 yen https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1054642705

Edited by ShinRaikdou

Hey everyone, sorry to come in like this, but I just got done with Ageha's route and I've had it with MoeNovel's version (Got it in a humble bundle, patched it to 18+), and although Kotori's route was just perfect and me shed a fair share of tears, I found Ageha's route unbearable due to the translation (the english looks like it was written by someone who barely understands english), I could only understand about half of it. I see that this topic is dedicated to a translation from the japanese game directly, so I assume it's a different translation than the "official one" and from what I can read from the few pages of this thread, I trust your passion (and english). I was just wondering what I should do to install this patch ? I guess getting the japanese version, but is the link in the first post of this thread still the latest version of the patch or are there any new ones out ? Sorry for not checking for myself but I thought maybe one of you guys could save me going through the 52 pages, I'd really appreciate it if (you have the link somewhere easy for you to find) you could just post it here ! Thank you in advance, I look forward to playing this game properly translated ! 

Just now, DatMetalGuy said:

Hey everyone, sorry to come in like this, but I just got done with Ageha's route and I've had it with MoeNovel's version (Got it in a humble bundle, patched it to 18+), and although Kotori's route was just perfect and me shed a fair share of tears, I found Ageha's route unbearable due to the translation (the english looks like it was written by someone who barely understands english), I could only understand about half of it. I see that this topic is dedicated to a translation from the japanese game directly, so I assume it's a different translation than the "official one" and from what I can read from the few pages of this thread, I trust your passion (and english). I was just wondering what I should do to install this patch ? I guess getting the japanese version, but is the link in the first post of this thread still the latest version of the patch or are there any new ones out ? Sorry for not checking for myself but I thought maybe one of you guys could save me going through the 52 pages, I'd really appreciate it if (you have the link somewhere easy for you to find) you could just post it here ! Thank you in advance, I look forward to playing this game properly translated ! 

So far only closed-alpha of the patch exists to which only a few people have access. Means there isn't anything you can do to get newer translation. Any other publicly released versions have the same old translation.

On 20.1.2018 at 1:49 AM, glupak said:

Since this started as a h-restoration patch will it include the h-restoration or will that have to be patched seperately?

Regardless of which Konosora versions will be supported at the time of release, all patched versions will have full 18+ content. Edit: by full I mean the core game. Sweet Love content is not translated, so to what extent it will be supported remains to be seen.

Edited by Dergonu
Double post :3

12 minutes ago, DatMetalGuy said:

Ok, thank you, looks like I'll have to wait longer to read through a proper Ageha's route and Sweet Love then, I don't know anything about japanese so I couldn't play the japanese game anyway. Thank you for your answers ! 

Perhaps I was a bit ambiguous. When I talk about Sweet Love support i mean whether it will work in-game at all. Currently there are no plans to translate it. So best possible outcome is that it will work in some of the game versions but will remain in Japanese.

-----

BTW, for those looking to buy the game I want to mention that any NEW Japanese release is potentially not compatible with the upcoming patches. There's no way we can keep up with all the versions that came out over the years. Also there's no way to tell what exactly version is being sold in what place. However in case of incompatibility I will try to dedicate some resources to solving these cases, assuming people who will have problems will be able to assist with the task.

Edited by メルP

1 minute ago, メルP said:

Perhaps I was a bit ambiguous. When I talk about Sweet Love support i mean whether it will work in-game at all. Currently there are no plans to translate it. So best possible outcome is that it will work in some of the game versions but will remain in Japanese.

It's ok, it doesn't matter to me if it's in the game since I can't read it anyway. I wish there was something coming for SL though, I really enjoyed PE w/ Happiness, it felt full circle to have those small epilogues :c 

Huh, if that's true it's actually much shorter than I thought. I'd heard it was a long VN so I was expecting 50k+ lines.

For reference Yuzusoft VNs usually have approx. 50-60k and SakuSaku had around ~8k lines per route (although the total escapes me at the moment).

4 hours ago, twisted said:

Huh, if that's true it's actually much shorter than I thought. I'd heard it was a long VN so I was expecting 50k+ lines.

For reference Yuzusoft VNs usually have approx. 50-60k and SakuSaku had around ~8k lines per route (although the total escapes me at the moment).

The real length comes from the common route to be honest where there's at least 30 scripts that average around 500-700 lines. So 25,000+ lines in the common route alone if you read every single scene in the common route (only marginally less if you just do scenes from one character or something)

I guess Konosora/IMHHW isnt like one of the longest VNs ever but its still pretty darn long compared to other moeges/charages