Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

Oh, Fuwa is alive. Damn, I completely missed that (and I also turned off e-mail notifications for some reason, good job me). >_<

Well, that Fuwapocalypse delayed things quite a bit - it happened just when I was going to ask for some help with QC. I edited most of the common route in the meantime, so it should be decent enough now. That's as much as I can do, because I kinda ran out of free time. -.-'

Right now Decay is QC-ing Amane's route and our editor is checking Kotori's route (because that was the 1st route I fixed, so it can still have some MoeNovel crap left intact). That leaves Common, Ageha's and twins' routes for QC. Cry0 already volunteered to help, but we could use 1-2 more people to split the work and finish it faster. If anyone is interested, feel free to join. ^^ So far we're only testing the patch with the 2012 JP releases though, so make sure you have either this or this one.

I still have to tidy up the scripts a bit (I probably won't have time to do this before weekend), and then MeruP will have to put together a new patch, so there's still a little time before the QC starts.

1 hour ago, Intrinsic said:

Glad to see this thread is still alive. I purchased the original English release at launch, and plan to play it if this patch is ever finished...

The patch will not be compatible with any MoeNovel release (all All-Ages versions), you need to purchase a Japanese copy either Regular Edition or Limited Edition (or get it any other way) which is what @Pabloc has said and he linked (from VNDB) the two versions in his post.

3 hours ago, Intrinsic said:

:( I thought this was originally started to fix the release that everyone bought. I don't see me buying the game again.

For one getting a Japanese copy would be expensive due to having to importing it (I got it via torrent) and it is easier for the team to work with the Japanese version instead of trying to fix the butchered MoeNovel release.

I am really happy you guys are translating this. Butchering/Removing content really needs to be shamed more often, I think. Especially when it comes to removing content to get a Steam release, and then not releasing a version with the content that was cut. (Looking at you, Sekai Project...)

22 hours ago, Ronnie21093 said:

Especially when it comes to removing content to get a Steam release, and then not releasing a version with the content that was cut. (Looking at you, Sekai Project...)

Looking at Sekai Project?  For what?  As far as I know the only project of theirs that hasn't got an adult version confirmed is Baldr Sky.  A year ago or so it was much different; they seem to have figured out how not to do public relations since then.

• 3 weeks later...

@NowItsAngeTime

All right, I added you to the QC conversation. You can find general info in the 1st message there.

@Intrinsic

Yeah, the initial goal was to make the patch for MoeNovel's version - and it might happen eventually. Right now we are focusing on the patch for the JP version, because it's far more convenient - 6-7 MB patch is easier to share than 2+ GB monster that would be required for the heavily butchered edition. It can be used as a basis to make patches for other versions later.

I understand if you want to be more focused on Japanese version - I agree with you in regard of the size, because it's easier to patch the available game (Japanese version) than adding the new content to Konosora Steam version ie IMHHW - in which I tried to install the old patch to IMHHW and it was quite a pain to install, not to mention that the CG view placement was misplaced because the change that MoeNovel applied. Look forward to the final version here.

Edited by littleshogun

So Im playing Konosora right now with the this Patch installed and all. Im not sure that this is yours or that even this is the right trhead but Ive a question. Im currently on Agehas route and had the first h-scene. But Somehow [SPOILER!!] the Date with Hotaru is still censored. They talk about eyes instead of Breasts and instead of an CG ive a black screen. Have I installed an old version or is this still censored content ?

Edited by M1rv3

1 hour ago, HARKI said:

Please keep it to the Steam guide's comment section. This translation team isn't in any way affiliated with me or any other Konosora's guides currently on Steam.

yeah I thought so after I read through some Pages. Anyway, it seemed like a litte bug. The CG came after some text, but the text itself was still censored, weird.

Yep. That patch is not affiliated with current project. That dude pretty much takes random files from my 1.2.6 Japanese patch (without permission) not realizing what he is doing and thus his thing is quite broken. There's no way we can provide any support for that.

P.S.

If you will go to the game settings -> text and look around it will probably say that the patch is made by me as well as will display smile in the starting configuration window.

Edited by メルP

@M1rv3 That patch uses scripts from the old Restoration patch - that's almost completely raw MoeNovel BS. It was very lightly edited, so only a few instances of censorship were actually fixed. I found plenty of rewrites (or severe mistranslations - sometimes it's hard to tell) still left in the scripts. Not to mention a trainwreck-level translation...

That aside, is anyone else interested in helping out with QC? So far we have people working on Amane's and Ageha's route, so we could use 2 more volunteers for twins' and Kotori's routes. ^^

2 hours ago, Pabloc said:

That aside, is anyone else interested in helping out with QC? So far we have people working on Amane's and Ageha's route, so we could use 2 more volunteers for twins' and Kotori's routes. ^^

I've recently become exceedingly free, and I'd love to help.

@Zacbuscus All right, I added you to the shared QC conversation.

And we also have another volunteer who joined to work on Kotori's route, so now we should have enough people. ^^

@raelon Restoration patch was released a long time ago, but it only added the H-scenes and contained a few minimal edits. Now we are working on re-translating the whole thing pretty much from scratch, since MoeNovel's """translation""" was mostly unsalvageable.

1 hour ago, Pabloc said:

@Zacbuscus All right, I added you to the shared QC conversation.

And we also have another volunteer who joined to work on Kotori's route, so now we should have enough people. ^^

@raelon Restoration patch was released a long time ago, but it only added the H-scenes and contained a few minimal edits. Now we are working on re-translating the whole thing pretty much from scratch, since MoeNovel's """translation""" was mostly unsalvageable.

So its not me ? ^^ English isnt my native language, but Im pretty good at reading and understanding stuff. But when the common Route ended and Agehas route started, I had the feeling that something was odd. Some Parts didnt made any sense, like

when Ageha didnt show up at the Secret Base anymore and that part with the other clubs. I had the feeling that there was some parts missing or bad translation, now Im very certain ^^

No it isn't just you, Ageha route translation was very weird so I was like screw this and stopped playing. And that was even while using the patch from メルP, not the cancer that's on steam (the steam guides with restoration patch).

Edited by garine