Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

8 hours ago, garine said:

I'd say that's fandisk called Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete Flight Diary so no. Not sure what the "Original Work Bundled Pack" means though.

It's this release, and the "original work bundled pack" part is trying to say that it's both the original and the fan disc bundled together (note that this version appears on both the main game's release list and the fan disc's release list, and that similarly, both games are linked from that release).

Now, that isn't to say it either will or won't work, of course, since different releases of the same game often have different file versions, different copy protection, etc., . The only way to know is to test it.

So called 本編同梱パック (bundle pack) is a commercial tactic used by many Japanese software developer targeted for unique shopping behaviour of Japanese consumer: Japanese consumer especially Otaku have a habit of collecting, meaning if I like this game, I will buy any new release for this game for collection purpose.

To take this advantage, software developer sell old game like new game. Bundle pack is actually the old games, just combine them to make these look new so it can sell at new game price (Erogame price drop significantly over time), and collector like me will probably buy it as well : (

In short, bundle pack has absolutely no difference at all when compare with original game and original fan disk.

3 hours ago, syfjhz22 said:

In short, bundle pack has absolutely no difference at all when compare with original game and original fan disk.

Not 100% the truth. Sometimes they do update the game engine (like with Magus Tale) which could cause a problem with the patch.
But mostly doesn't change anything yes.

17 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Not 100% the truth. Sometimes they do update the game engine (like with Magus Tale) which could cause a problem with the patch.
But mostly doesn't change anything yes.

Oh yeah, you are right there are a very few. You remind me that defunct CROSS NET also got engine changed bundle pack if I remember correctly.

On 2/25/2017 at 4:26 AM, Vata56 said:

The only logical step here is for you to stop spouting senseless crap and either order the Japanese boxed version or get the original version by other means. SO, if you actually DON'T want to support piracy and DO want to support Pulltop as much as possible, I think it's pretty clear you should order the boxed version. But then again, I have a hunch that you don't really care about anything else than making matters comfy to yourself :rolleyes:

I understand you are in the heat of an argument, but what he said does make sense. Most people that play visual novels in the US do not buy the Japanese boxed version of the game. In a perfect word, they would, as this supports the developers of the game and goes against piracy. I am guessing though that many people like visual novels because they can play on any computer, including laptops or windows XP, meaning many of us do not have very much money, and other more important priorities when it comes to money.

You are implying that Jiskra is selfish and egotistical because he refuses to obtain the game in a legit manner. I am guessing you have a very hard-line stance against piracy of any kind, including visual novels. this means you see no excuse for pirating a visual novel of any kind. that is a respectable stance, and it probably has worked for you so far. For other people though, deciding to prioritize buying Japanese visual novels over something such as paying rent isn't viable. Many have other more important financial obligations. Some people even have children. These people, who I would guess make up a significant portion of the visual novel community (judging by the ability of visual novels to run even without graphics cards on most PC's) would have to drop the VN's a s a hobby, and visual novels would become a lot more inaccessible as a hobby.

This would be bad for the Visual Novel companies themselves, as well as Visual Novel licensing groups. Since many of the fans of visual novels in the west do not have much money, they cannot afford to buy the Japanese version of every visual novel they want to play. Many can't even afford to buy one Visual Novel (college kids, etc.). Forcing them to buy the Japanese version of the game every time they want to play it would mean that Visual Novels would not be a viable hobby in the west. This would mean that many of the people playing visual novels in the west, the advocating for them to be translated and brought over here, would leave. The Visual Novel community would become much less accessible, and the licensing companies would make much less money. This is because although most visual novels fans do not buy every visual novel they play (the ones from Japan mostly), they do support where they can, and this support would go away if a hard-line stance against Japanese visual novels pirating was put in place. Hard-line morality does not always work for those of less-fortunate circumstance.

Keep in mind the person you are responding to in an angry manner had a very calm, even happy attitude in his post (as much as I can glean from text). He was not trying to incite you in any way, an was not trying to start an argument. You chose to respond in a heavily negative tone without any reason to, and without considering that his argument did have merit, and good reasons,e even if one concludes that they are wrong. Before getting incredibly angry over someone's post on the internet next time, it would be greatly in your benefit if you considered that they may not be dead wrong, they may have a point, they may not be trying to argue with you, and even if they are wrong, they may genuinely think that they are contributing to the discussion at hand. Screaming at them that their post is useless really doesn't help anyone on this thread, but it will cause you to lose credibility in your posts. Even if you are right about something, this behavior will dissuade others from agreeing with you, something I am sure you do not want.

Edit: I am not asking for a steam version. Please do not remove this post.

Edit: I am also not trying to rationalize piracy. I am saying that as a result of the imperfect world we live in, not everybody can play by hard-line rules, and there will be those that break them. Scolding those that do or saying they deserve what they got or something is forgetting that their circumstance is often different from yours. Your rules and moral system works for you as a result of your circumstance, but it is not the same for everyone. I would respect and understand this, as I believe this is important when respecting others. Piracy is a forbidden topic on this board because of the many different opinions on it, resulting from the many different situations people find themselves in. Piracy shouldn't be advocated here, but neither should hang and shame those who we find do commit it. That would not be conducive to this board.

Edited by Scasma

I agree with everything Scasma said.

Scasma have point when it comes to pirate VNs and buy VNs.

no many have money to buy VNs since they need money to pay bill, buy food and other important tings.

Food and drinks are not much cheap anymore, so you use a lot of money to buy food and drinks.

Not many are rich and have a lot of money to buy thins.

I shall honest admit at I pirate VNs but have buy many VNs from developer on Steam, so I support developer and I'm going to continue.

it's just not all VNs I like are on Steam and I don't have money to buy VNs since I need money to buy food and drinks. So I have not any choice to download VNs, self at I would like to buy VNs and support developer.

1 hour ago, Scasma said:

Since many of the fans of visual novels in the west do not have much money, they cannot afford to buy the Japanese version of every visual novel they want to play. Many can't even afford to buy one Visual Novel (college kids, etc.). Forcing them to buy the Japanese version of the game every time they want to play it would mean that Visual Novels would not be a viable hobby in the west.

Sorry but that's how the world works. If you are poor you can't have expensive hobbies. Period.

I hate all that restoration patch crap. I managed to make it work but with no sound in cutscenes. I'd rather cut my balls than go though that process again.

Also why are people using that old NTLEA when there's Locale Emulator?

Edited by garine

On 5/13/2017 at 7:54 AM, Vata56 said:

Cheers for the articulate and well written comment, but I think you have misunderstood something here. Did you perhaps not read the conversation that took place before my comment that you quoted?

Jiskra was requesting a patch for the Steam version in his original comment, because he had already bought the Steam version of the game. He also made it clear he doesn't want to obtain the game illegitimately. My first response to him was not at all angry or anything of the sort, I just pointed out that it would be easier for him to get the jap. version by any means he sees fit, than it is for Pabloc and co. to make another patch for Steam.

Pabloc made his opinion very clear on the idea, but Jiskra kept on persuading it. Then he said the following;

It's like saying "you'll support the bad guys if you don't do *this*, so for you to redeem your decency you must do it!"
And then I made my second response (the one you quoted). There I pointed out to him that if he really cares about fighting against piracy and supporting Pulltop, he is very able to do so by ordering the jap. copy. And yes, I was very annoyed by his persistence. Not "incredibly angry" as you described, but very annoyed.

Oh, I guess I did misunderstand. Sorry about that. I tend not to keep track of who posted what comment, and so I can miss conversations between two people if they are going on for a long time, perceiving it to be a bunch of random people talking rather than two. Bad habit of mine.

Edited by Scasma

14 hours ago, Pabloc said:

I'll have some more free time now, so I should be able to finish the TL in about 2 weeks~ish. :D

GREAT! Finally, Kono Sora will receive an actual translation after all these years.

Edited by Nier

14 hours ago, Pabloc said:

I'll have some more free time now, so I should be able to finish the TL in about 2 weeks~ish. :D

This is utterly awesome.

Been soo long since i last read the novel, it will be like reading it for the first time! :D

Also, is there any actual news on any other team (or even official people) working on a translation of the fandisc?

Or maybe porting the Playstation release of the VN to Steam (since its not 18+)? One would think that being one of the most sold VNs on steam would mean the series would get ports...

Edited by br4zil

2 hours ago, garine said:

That's great but you two are forgetting about editing, QC-ing and creating patch. :makina:

I haven't? But it means that the game would be actually translated, should take some time to release the patch though, it could take some months to a few years. Dracu-Riot has been in QC for a long time already, Mahoyo has been in QC for years.

On 5/23/2017 at 6:29 AM, Pabloc said:

Let me know if you need any help with editing this, read the version released by MoeNovel and the game was really short since they removed a lot of things in the English adaptation of this VN. Would like to see this project all in English, without anything removed.