Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

On 3/1/2017 at 1:57 PM, Nandemonai said:

Jast doesn't sell any untranslated games.  So it must be the MoeNovel version (meaning similar/same as the Steam version).

Yeah, and it's the same for the MangaGamer website, which is here: https://www.mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=0&product_code=69

Edited by eplipswich

8 hours ago, reaper4666 said:

I've been playing the game the past few days using the old restoration patch.

Is there a way to remove the patch and play the game without it? I don't care if I have to start the game over. Ideally I'd rather not reinstall.

Hmm, I think you can't cause the one they're using is the jap version.

Edited by CvkHawk1547

15 hours ago, reaper4666 said:

I've been playing the game the past few days using the old restoration patch.

Is there a way to remove the patch and play the game without it? I don't care if I have to start the game over. Ideally I'd rather not reinstall.

If you mean the restoration patch for steam version...no you can't remove the patch since it changes and/or overwrites numerous files. The same applies to translation patch for the pulltop version. So you have to reinstall either way.

9 minutes ago, garine said:

If you mean the restoration patch for steam version...no you can't remove the patch since it changes and/or overwrites numerous files. The same applies to translation patch for the pulltop version. So you have to reinstall either way.

You don't need to reinstall the Steam version, just verify the cache and it will undo all changes the restoration patch did to it restoring it to the original all-ages version, this works on all games on Steam.

I recommend only using the Restoration Patch on the non-Steam version of it.

Edited by Shaun

13 minutes ago, BobJones2 said:

I don't understand, if you bought the Steam version than you've already bought the game, why would you feel so guilty about pirating a JP copy so you can use this patch?

Just because you own the Steam version or any non-Japanese version doesn't mean people will be okay with it, it's not that hard to understand at all.

I'm not one of them though (I do own the Steam version and it doesn't have the restoration patch installed), I got the JP version (and used the MeruP English Patch) and have been busy reading it for a few days now, I just stopped at a H-scene on Yoro's route so I can go to bed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Slightly off topic, but if I've read and really enjoyed both Kotori and Amane's routes reading a Meru patched Steam version is it worth jumping to this translation before reading Ageha's route?

Everyone seems to mention that her route contains exceptionally bad localisation, so much so that the patched Steam version is simply not good enough.

Trick

32 minutes ago, Trickay said:

Hi all,

Slightly off topic, but if I've read and really enjoyed both Kotori and Amane's routes reading a Meru patched Steam version is it worth jumping to this translation before reading Ageha's route?

Everyone seems to mention that her route contains exceptionally bad localisation, so much so that the patched Steam version is simply not good enough.

Trick

I... would recommend it.

Keeping in mind this translation is not yet finished, and that even when it is it'll likely not function with the steam version, Ageha's route is nigh-on incomprehensible. It seems worse than machine translation, rewrites (badly) scenes from the original Japanese, and you'll oftentimes find yourself unable to comprehend what's going on. To top it off, the rewrites rewrite some important scenes for the overall plot of the route, rendering it even more mystifying.

1 hour ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I... would recommend it.

Keeping in mind this translation is not yet finished, and that even when it is it'll likely not function with the steam version, Ageha's route is nigh-on incomprehensible. It seems worse than machine translation, rewrites (badly) scenes from the original Japanese, and you'll oftentimes find yourself unable to comprehend what's going on. To top it off, the rewrites rewrite some important scenes for the overall plot of the route, rendering it even more mystifying.

Have to +1 this. There are long stretches of the route where it's literally impossible to understand what is being said both at the level of a line, and even in the big picture. MoeNovel's release of Ageha's route is basically unreadable, far beyond the problems of Kotori's and Amane's routes.

16 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I... would recommend it.

Ageha's route is nigh-on incomprehensible.

Thank you I guessed as much, but had incorrectly assumed this patch was nearly complete as first post had been updated. To avoid tarnishing the great experience I've had reading Kona Oozora so far, I'll shelf it for now and pick another game from Kaguya's amazing list. 

Out of interest, I'm visiting Japan for first time (Nagoya only) for 3 days to attend a friends wedding. Can you often find old games in the shops over there? I ask as this trip would be an ideal opportunity for myself to acquire a copy of the game if possible. 

Thanks again Mr Poltroon, and others that weighed in. 

Edited by Trickay

The problem with Ageha, as I understand it, is that the real plot of the route unavoidably includes having sex.  Since the release censored even kissing scenes, that was right out.

I suspect the censorship decision was made late in the dev process.  The demo apparently had an .ini setting or a flag in the savedata or something called SweetLovePatch.  (I don't think it actually did anything, but it was there.)  I can't imagine that Ageha's route was planned to end up like it did.  Most likely, they ran out of development time and/or the Japanese higher-ups don't know how bad it was.

Either way, if this game really did sell a hundred thousand copies, I am not impressed by the fact they never fixed it.  They could have finished hacking the script up into something that at least made sense.  But they didn't.

On 3/18/2017 at 10:31 PM, Kotori-chan said:

Assuming that there will be no Steam patch, where can I go to the Japanese version? I've already bought the game on Steam, and I only need to complete the Ageha route so I'd prefer not to have to fork over more money.

You can buy the Japanese version from places that are legally selling it, like amazon.co.jp or DMM.  It's against the rules to ask for or give links to illegal downloads, which I'm assuming was what you were asking for.

@Zenophilious Yeah....no thanks. I know it's wrong but I really don't have an abundance of money to buy everything twice just because the first one was a little f*cked. And I assume PULLTOP gets some money from steam sales.

RE: Yea, I said I know it's wrong. Also, I bought the steam version without knowing anything about the original game :amane:

Edited by garine
No need for another post just for short reply I guess

1 hour ago, garine said:

@Zenophilious Yeah....no thanks. I know it's wrong but I really don't have an abundance of money to buy everything twice just because the first one was a little f*cked. And I assume PULLTOP gets some money from steam sales.

Please don't try to rationalize stealing a copy, because that is incredibly stupid.  You paid for the "f*cked" version.  You are not entitled to the original just because you bought the crappier version.  The reason it's so cheap is because it's garbage, and very few people would pay anything higher for it.  if you didn't want the version with the censorship and the nonsensical English, then you shouldn't have bought it in the first place, and bought the original instead.

Once again, these forums and this thread are not the place to talk about piracy.  Please stop doing it, or I'll be forced to start removing posts that continue the topic.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/04/2017 at 11:28 AM, Pabloc said:

Amane's route TL is at ~75%, while all other routes are fully translated and edited. It's almost done, but I don't have too much time lately, so I probably won't be able to finish it in April.

Take your time Pabloc, real life takes precedence. Thank you for your perseverance and for keeping us updated! ;)

Edited by FabrM

• 3 weeks later...

I really don't think the translation was that bad (not saying it was good).

I enjoyed the game nonetheless (every route completed), but I should say, that I often read Japanese visual novels with VNR, so that might be the cause for my high tolerance.

Comparing the translation to that of Koiken Otome, then this one really isn't that bad at all =P

3 hours ago, dinosw said:

I really don't think the translation was that bad (not saying it was good).

I enjoyed the game nonetheless (every route completed), but I should say, that I often read Japanese visual novels with VNR, so that might be the cause for my high tolerance.

Comparing the translation to that of Koiken Otome, then this one really isn't that bad at all =P

Koiken otome translation was good as far as I read (two routes so far) . If you come to complain about koiken's translation and say that IMHW is not bad, your japanese is (for me at least) very questionable.

On 4/30/2017 at 5:05 AM, dinosw said:

You are comparing a fan translation to a company who's job was to translate... I don't think that should even be something you do. Consider the fact that MoeNovel was PAID to sell us Kono Oozora where as Flying Pantsu translated Koiken Otome for free. 

Edited by Waff1ez
Better grammar