Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

On 10.01.2017 at 4:25 PM, syfjhz22 said:

Extravaganza type or Innocent Grey type?... XD

Wait, there are also similarities when comparing with パカプラス and クリーチャーと恋しよっ... :P

Definitely Extravaganza type. ^^ Actually, my main motivation for joining this project was to practice JP so that I could read Black Cyc VNs at a decent pace.
As for those last two, that's not my cup of tea. I don't really like characters that look like pigeons/insects/alpacas(?)/whatever, but act pretty much like normal humans - they\re boring. I prefer the opposite - characters that seem innocent and normal on the outside, but actually are anything but normal. Bonus points if said character is a loli. :P

On 12.01.2017 at 7:46 AM, Waff1ez said:

Hows the game progress? Does it come out within next 2 months do we think?

I just bumped into the first H-scene - that's somewhere around 25%, so 2 months is very unlikely. I have no idea how much time will be necessary to make the actual patch and QC everything, so it's hard to make any estimates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2017 at 5:44 PM, Pabloc said:

I just bumped into the first H-scene - that's somewhere around 25%, so 2 months is very unlikely. I have no idea how much time will be necessary to make the actual patch and QC everything, so it's hard to make any estimates.

Okay If you need any QC control help I can try, I have been following this for a long time so I feel like I should offer any help I can, but I don't speak/read Japanese. Let me know if there anything I can do.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/01/2017 at 7:44 AM, Pabloc said:

characters that seem innocent and normal on the outside, but actually are anything but normal. Bonus points if said character is a loli. :P

Wow, it's so rare to find someone who has simliar interest as I do... (Did I just reveal my hidden dark side secret preference?!)

Well, Izumi's recent one 死に逝く君、館に芽吹く憎悪 is my type as well :makina:

Just hopped in to check if anyone still cares about this, haha. Looks like Pabloc is still alive ^^

On 12/26/2016 at 5:22 PM, Pabloc said:

@Jiskra

When it comes to patches, I'm not really the right person to ask - it's up to our hacker. If he feels like making a patch for the Steam version, I won't stop him. But I certainly won't be bugging him to make one - it's entirely up to him.

For now, I want to focus exclusively on getting the full patch for the JP version done. Everything else - Steam-patch, fandisks and whatnot - comes later. Though I probably won't feel like dealing with any of those - I like KonoSora and all, but I've had enough of it already.

That. Making patch for original version should be a priority.

I do want to note a few things about any non-jp versions. This is mainly about steam version but mostly valid for English non-steam version too.

If patch for steam will ever be made, it will be more than 1GB in size and steam will stop recognizing the game completely. You will probably be able to run it with steam overlay but no achievements, friends won't see that you "are playing it right now", no steam cloud saves (if that was ever supported), nothing of that. Given all this information, do you really think it is worth to make a patch for steam when you can download JP version that is not that huge in size, by today standards?
The only real reason to make a patch for steam, is to make sure people are getting genuine version, and not some ripped-off sweet love addon by someone who doesn't know what he is doing.

Oh, btw I don't own steam version and don't plan to buy one. That also makes it a bit harder to make any patches for it :D

Edited by メルP

• 2 weeks later...
On 11. 2. 2017 at 2:11 AM, メルP said:

If patch for steam will ever be made, it will be more than 1GB in size and steam will stop recognizing the game completely. You will probably be able to run it with steam overlay but no achievements, friends won't see that you "are playing it right now", no steam cloud saves (if that was ever supported), nothing of that. Given all this information, do you really think it is worth to make a patch for steam when you can download JP version that is not that huge in size, by today standards?

The only real reason to make a patch for steam, is to make sure people are getting genuine version, and not some ripped-off sweet love addon by someone who doesn't know what he is doing.

Not geting achivements isnt really problem, if you patch steam version just with h-scenes restoring patch, they dont work already.

Friends will see what i am playing. It works will all other "patches" and it works even with nonsteam games if you add them to your library. Also any screenshots taken with steam overley tool will be taged properly as If My Heart Had Wings screenshots and you can share them with friends thru steam. (you are not going to share h-scenes ofc)

Size of patch isnt issue in my opinion.

So i still think its worth making patch for steam version. Even if you just take patched japanese version, zip it up and call it "patch".

For certain ppl (few of my friends are like this) downloading and applying 3GB patch is acceptable, but torrenting pirated version is not.

So it would make me really happy if patch for steam version happened eventualy.

On 2/10/2017 at 5:11 PM, メルP said:

Steam will never stop recognizing the game nor will achivements not work and friends will still see you playing it, it already doesn't have cloud save support so that part is irrelevant.

It just sounds like you don't know what you're talking about, other visual novels on steam that come as all-ages can be patched to the adult only version with all features working, Nekopara Vol 1 & 2 are fine examples to this which I own Nekopara Vol 1 and patched it with adult content and achievements still work due to a workaround which you appear to be unaware of.

Please do your research before you come up with empty facts.

7 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Steam will never stop recognizing the game nor will achivements not work and friends will still see you playing it, it already doesn't have cloud save support so that part is irrelevant.

It just sounds like you don't know what you're talking about, other visual novels on steam that come as all-ages can be patched to the adult only version with all features working, Nekopara Vol 1 & 2 are fine examples to this which I own Nekopara Vol 1 and patched it with adult content and achievements still work due to a workaround which you appear to be unaware of.

Please do your research before you come up with empty facts.

One program does not work as another would, and honestly, you should probably trust the hacker working on the project rather than fuzzy common sense in this case. Making steam achievements work requires work by a game's developer in modifying the game code; if the patch does not use this modified game code but instead code from the original Japanese version of IMHHW, the modifications made to the localized version that allowed for achievements will no longer be present in the game once patched. There are other potential technical roadblocks I can think of as well. It's possible these could be navigated if MeruP felt like it, but considering he hates steam, that seems unlikely.

On 23.02.2017 at 1:03 AM, Jiskra said:

Size of patch isnt issue in my opinion.

Yeah, uploading a few MB to Mediafire is totally no different than seeding a few GB torrent.

Even if you just take patched japanese version, zip it up and call it "patch".

Except that's not a patch. That's distributing a pre-patched pirated version of the VN, and if anyone from our team thought this is a good idea, I'd advise them to refrain from breathing for an hour or two. ^^

For certain ppl (few of my friends are like this) downloading and applying 3GB patch is acceptable, but torrenting pirated version is not.

Hey, nobody tells anyone to torrent pirated stuff. They can always get this. :P

21 hours ago, Shaun said:

Do YOU know what you are talking about? You do realize that copypasting files form one official English release into another might be a tiny little bit different than modifying contents of an official English release with ~2GB of hacked bits of modified Japanese files? Not to mention that those two VNs have different engines and are integrated with Steam in a different way. That's comparing apples to... not even oranges, but potatoes. :D

That aside, like I said earlier - I just want to finish the patch for the JP version and move on, so that's the top priority. If you somehow convince MeruP to make a Steam patch - fine (Shaun is doing a great job in that regard XD). If you make one yourself - fine. I don't care.

As for TL-progress, 6/10 scripts from Amane's route are done - that's around 55% (H-scenes are slowing me down, because my tolerance for vanilla stuff is quite limited... :P).

Edited by Pabloc

On 7/1/2013 at 3:03 AM, chaos_aurelius said:

may I volunteer? I can become an editor

I'm not a native speaker (I remember Aaeru asking for native speakers), English is my second language

This isn't my project, so don't take this for any official word or anything.  But this is not a good idea.  Editors need to be fluent in the language they're trying to edit in.  It's just not possible to do a good job if you aren't fluent in the language.

On 23. 2. 2017 at 6:48 PM, Pabloc said:

Hey, nobody tells anyone to torrent pirated stuff. They can always get this. :P

I am sorry, but how many ppl do you expect to order boxed japanese version to play your translation of game? I get that you are not supporting piracy in any way ... but very few ppl will actualy buy japanese version for this.

As oposed to steam version that is going for 5€ very often. So if you dont want to support piracy than making patch for steam version is only logical step :P

You proly dont want to support Moenovel eighter, i get it, but still ... Pulltop will get more money out of steam verision then out of pirated one.

Still I'd guess it's harder to make the patch for steam version than just for the pulltop one....judging just by the funcionality of the current patch in the guide on steam. For me the one thing that wasn't working was the music during the opening of the game even after several reinstalls and two japanese locale emulators. Btw there are ways to download the game without using p2p client yourself.

@Pabloc Nice. Thanks for updates on progress. I hope the translation will be decent enough to finally understand the other routes besides Kotori. :Chocola:

11 hours ago, Jiskra said:

I am sorry, but how many ppl do you expect to order boxed japanese version to play your translation of game? I get that you are not supporting piracy in any way ... but very few ppl will actualy buy japanese version for this.

I was joking, obviously. I know full well that importing physical copies from Japan isn't exactly for everyone. But hey, if someone is really opposed to downloading a pirated copy, that's a fine solution. Also, I'm not some kind of anti-piracy crusader - I like buying and collecting things, but I do have tons of pirated stuff as well (the only thing that actually rubs me the wrong way is making up retarded justifications for piracy, but that's beside the point).

And yeah, I don't want to support MoeNovel eighter or even nineter. But that's not just about support - it's mainly about work. MeruP's work to be exact, since I have no idea how to make any patches. And since making and distributing a patch for the Japanese version will be the easiest, that's the priority. Whatever happens afterwards - I don't care. I won't be stopping anyone from making a Steam-patch or whatever - the TL will be publicly available, anyone can mess around with it (as long as they properly credit us and make it clear who's responsible for their Steam-patch, so that people won't be bugging us about troubleshooting stuff :P).

On 2/24/2017 at 8:48 PM, Pabloc said:

Probably not - there's still editing left. Making the patch itself and QC-ing/playtesting everything will also take some time. But it should be finished soon~ish.

we are finally nearing the finish line atleast xD I think its been around 3 years since i started following this

GW everyone!

So besides the Steam version, would the download version sold through JAST function the same as the Japanese version? Or would that be the same as the Steam version? More asking in general if anyone has an idea if it would work since I know you are just planning a patch for the Jap version.

25 minutes ago, shadowolf64 said:

So besides the Steam version, would the download version sold through JAST function the same as the Japanese version? Or would that be the same as the Steam version? More asking in general if anyone has an idea if it would work since I know you are just planning a patch for the Jap version.

Jast doesn't sell any untranslated games.  So it must be the MoeNovel version (meaning similar/same as the Steam version).

2 hours ago, shadowolf64 said:

The JAST version is the same all-ages version that all retailers have, there is no official adult only version released outside of Japan available anywhere for purchase (MoeNovel made sure of this), you either have to import a Japanese copy (this is always expensive and varies depending on country) or get it via other means (you probably know what I mean).

2 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

So it must be the MoeNovel version (meaning similar/same as the Steam version).

Any version bought outside of Japan would be the same as the Steam version and those bought without Steam.

On 2017/2/24 at 11:45 PM, Jiskra said:

I am sorry, but how many ppl do you expect to order boxed japanese version to play your translation of game?

I will, I already bought like 20-25 physical VN japanese version to use with english patches, I certainly agree with Pabloc idea to not support MoeNovel crappy "localized" version.