Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yup, everything is still going, although slowly.

Speaking of speed - it turned out that the guy who was checking Amane's route was mainly just editing the English text a little, without comparing it with the JP lines. In other words, the whole route still has pretty much raw MoeNovel TL-accuracy. This won't speed anything up even a little bit. >_>
Still, it isn't as awful as Ageha's route (at least so far), so it should be easier to deal with.

1 hour ago, Pabloc said:

Yup, everything is still going, although slowly.

Speaking of speed - it turned out that the guy who was checking Amane's route was mainly just editing the English text a little, without comparing it with the JP lines. In other words, the whole route still has pretty much raw MoeNovel TL-accuracy. This won't speed anything up even a little bit. >_>
Still, it isn't as awful as Ageha's route (at least so far), so it should be easier to deal with.

Great things take time! Keep up good work! Time will come sooner or later!

• 4 weeks later...

@Vata56

We're planning to make our re-translation patch for the original JP release (look for "この大空に、翼をひろげて"). I can't promise any patches for the Steam version - our hacker isn't a huge fan of Steam (and neither am I :P), so we might not bother with it.

As for the IMHHW update, you should probably ask on Steam. It seems it's just a bunch of Christmas wallpapers - but like all updates, it will remove unofficial modifications and revert everything back to the raw Steam version. At least that's what Steam users say in discussions.

And yeah - Merry Christmas everyone! ^^
(Holidays distract me from TL-ing though, so I'm still stuck at the very beginning of Amane's route... >_>)

Merry Christmas Pabloc!

It's great to know that the project is still progressing.

Out of curiosity, is there any plan to continue working on 2 fan disks after this? I found it's rare to have a fan disk at such good quality as the Flight Diary. The second FD is fairly short, about 2 hours play time and a lot of "service"...

Edited by syfjhz22

@syfjhz22

I was considering translating scenes added in the Sweet Love patch, but that was before I knew how much work and time the main story will require. Right now, I don't feel like doing anything besides the main VN. Flight Dairy is far too long for my liking, and while both Sweet Love patch and Snow Presents are short, those seem to be filled with tons of H - I can't handle that many perfectly normal, consensual sex-scenes. >_<

@nazim10

Two translators working on a short fandisk/patch would be a huge waste of time and resources - both translators would have to read the whole thing anyway, to get the context, and then one of them would have to edit the whole TL, to make sure everything is consistent. Why not just get that "nukige translator" to do the whole thing. :P

That aside, is there even a single translator out there who specializes in nukiges and isn't focused on darker stuff? :P

Who knows, maybe there is one out there, or someone looking for a change of pace?

Seriously though, maybe someone who read this VN and want to contribute to its completion will manifest himself? Can't be that far-fetched, no?

On 24. 12. 2016 at 11:59 AM, Pabloc said:

@Vata56

We're planning to make our re-translation patch for the original JP release (look for "この大空に、翼をひろげて"). I can't promise any patches for the Steam version - our hacker isn't a huge fan of Steam (and neither am I :P), so we might not bother with it.

I understand, that you are not fans of Steam, but still it would be good, if you could make patch for steam version. There are many ppl who have bought game on steam already (its going quite cheap on each sale) and you would help them out.

Lot of ppl dont have problem appling unofficial "patches", but would have problem with just torrenting whole game. Sure you can buy original game from Japan, but i cant see them doing it, if they bought steam version already.

@Jiskra

When it comes to patches, I'm not really the right person to ask - it's up to our hacker. If he feels like making a patch for the Steam version, I won't stop him. But I certainly won't be bugging him to make one - it's entirely up to him.

For now, I want to focus exclusively on getting the full patch for the JP version done. Everything else - Steam-patch, fandisks and whatnot - comes later. Though I probably won't feel like dealing with any of those - I like KonoSora and all, but I've had enough of it already.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016/12/25 at 5:20 AM, Pabloc said:

@syfjhz22

I was considering translating scenes added in the Sweet Love patch, but that was before I knew how much work and time the main story will require. Right now, I don't feel like doing anything besides the main VN. Flight Dairy is far too long for my liking, and while both Sweet Love patch and Snow Presents are short, those seem to be filled with tons of H - I can't handle that many perfectly normal, consensual sex-scenes. >_<

Perfectly understandable...

It's always painful to translate H scenes, especially knowing that some people don't even bother to read every single line (me included). :P

Edited by syfjhz22

I do read H-scenes most of the time (especially when they are written by someone like Izumi Ban'ya - no, you don't want to look up his stuff :P). I skip them when they are boring, but that usually only happens in bad nukiges, and bad moeges.:P KonoSora is okay in that regard - even though it's vanilla, it's not too boring. Translating is a different story though - converting JP ero-writing into something that doesn't sound unintentionally silly in ENG is quite a challenge.

@garine

Now you know what kind of heroines are totally my type, and what kind of stories I like the most. :P

11 hours ago, Pabloc said:

I do read H-scenes most of the time (especially when they are written by someone like Izumi Ban'ya - no, you don't want to look up his stuff :P). I skip them when they are boring, but that usually only happens in bad nukiges, and bad moeges.:P KonoSora is okay in that regard - even though it's vanilla, it's not too boring. Translating is a different story though - converting JP ero-writing into something that doesn't sound unintentionally silly in ENG is quite a challenge.

@garine

Now you know what kind of heroines are totally my type, and what kind of stories I like the most. :P

Extravaganza type or Innocent Grey type?... XD

Wait, there are also similarities when comparing with パカプラス and クリーチャーと恋しよっ... :P

Edited by syfjhz22

3 hours ago, syfjhz22 said:

Extravaganza type or Innocent Grey type?... XD

Wait, there are also similarities when comparing with パカプラス and クリーチャーと恋しよっ... :P

Just look at VNDB page if you want to know more, although I think it's almost the same with Extravaganza though (Sex with no human) . By the way, I think the latter was had some handsome alien there lol.