Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

On 15. 7. 2016 at 11:22 PM, Shaun said:

That's a well known issue with the partial restoration patch and it is something they mentioned already on the thread related to it.

The only issue I can see with them using the JP version is the fact it isn't really available via torrent as most torrents of it are dead unless someone is able to fix that.

Not sure but I think you didn't check any respectable torrent site like I don't know... 18+ version of nyaa? Also you need to search for it with it's original Japanese title.

40 minutes ago, garine said:

Not sure but I think you didn't check any respectable torrent site like I don't know... 18+ version of nyaa? Also you need to search for it with it's original Japanese title.

I checked Nyaa and all of their torrents for it are dead or have very little seeders.  Yes I used the original Japanese Title.

2 hours ago, Zakamutt said:

(This will probably all get deleted soon)

First of all, I'm assuming you're using Sukebei. Second, I don't see how 11 seeders is low for a vn - in the end, you only really need one after all :P

That is actually false, less seeders equals slower downloads no matter how big the file is, you normally want 20+ seeders for any file while 10 and under will make it really slow.  6 seeders is what it has not 11 and it's going to take about 2 hours to finish.

1 seeder will take a download several hours to 1-2 days to finish.

At my glorious 1.2 MB/s, several hours is the norm anyway. I'm not sure why it taking a day is such a huge problem for you, lol - there are lots and lots of vn and animu torrents that only have like 10 seeders. As an example, looking at the excellent comedy series Daily Lives of High School Boys, not a single ep of the nyaa recommended sage release (nor any other) has even 10 seeders. You might counter that that's a 2012 anime so of course it'd not have much, but konosora was also released in 2012. To top it all off, the full retranslation patch might not even be released this year, so you kind of have a lot of time.

As a nitpick your seeder theory is technically wrong, what really matters is the speed of whoever is on the other end. If the torrent has literally 1 seed but they have a high upload speed, you could get it really fast. Realistic? maybe not :P

1 hour ago, Zakamutt said:

At my glorious 1.2 MB/s, several hours is the norm anyway. I'm not sure why it taking a day is such a huge problem for you, lol - there are lots and lots of vn and animu torrents that only have like 10 seeders. As an example, looking at the excellent comedy series Daily Lives of High School Boys, not a single ep of the nyaa recommended sage release (nor any other) has even 10 seeders. You might counter that that's a 2012 anime so of course it'd not have much, but konosora was also released in 2012. To top it all off, the full retranslation patch might not even be released this year, so you kind of have a lot of time.

As a nitpick your seeder theory is technically wrong, what really matters is the speed of whoever is on the other end. If the torrent has literally 1 seed but they have a high upload speed, you could get it really fast. Realistic? maybe not :P

My download peak is 8.5MBps and a 4GB file shouldn't take over 2 hours (that will take under half an hour at that rate), it will if the amount of seeders is low, you really don't know what you're talking about and I never have a problem downloading other files that normally have 30+ seeders.  The amount of seeders does matter.

Not everyone has shitty internet like you, I'm on 60MBps cable ISP.

I ended up having to stop the download because the speed is stupid slow with just 3 seeders.

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

My download peak is 8.5MBps and a 4GB file shouldn't take over 2 hours (that will take under half an hour at that rate), it will if the amount of seeders is low, you really don't know what you're talking about and I never have a problem downloading other files that normally have 30+ seeders.  The amount of seeders does matter.

Not everyone has shitty internet like you, I'm on 60MBps cable ISP.

I ended up having to stop the download because the speed is stupid slow with just 3 seeders.

I've personally never had a problem with a low amount of seeds. Even with one or two seeds my downloads never really take more than a few hours soooo it just sounds like you're just impatient.

>you don't know what you're talking about

Of course I do, I've actually seeded a single torrent to a single person at like 5 MB/s back when my ISP hadn't "upgraded" us to fiber. I'm not sure if you get the word technically; of course this is somewhat unlikely, as it requires there to be a low enough amount of peers (or none but you) and enough seeders that can allocate high amounts of bandwidth to you. As for the actual point of my post, please see Kabu's. Is there a real life reason as to why you can't download for long? Torrent clients save your download progress, so you might be able to download it in several goes if that's the problem. In the end, you're not getting konosora's jp version any other way unless someone either uploads it to a DDL service that will actually let you download at 6.5MB/s or runs some kind of FTP that will let you do the same. Both seem pretty unlikely to me, though if you want to try your luck and ask for someone to actually do that, you might want to do so more nicely. It's also worth mentioning that when the new patch actually does get released, you'll probably see an uptick in seeders for a while.

Also he doesn't seem to know that distance between seeder and leecher plays a major role. Him saying speed depends on number of seeders is completely wrong. Btw the torrent we were talking about is beign seeded from seedbox with 10Gbps upload which is situated in Netherlands. And since nobody asked much relevant to this translation....how is it going Pabloc?

On 1.09.2016 at 1:24 PM, Shaun said:

1 seeder will take a download several hours to 1-2 days to finish.

Several hours? Wow, that's soooo terrible. If you're sick of slow torrents, I recommend this source: link :P

As for progress, due to vacation, good weather and stuff, there's not much to report really - I only did a few bits of Ageha's route lately, but it's almost done (there's only about 10% left to TL).

11 hours ago, garine said:

Damn after you hyped me up last week I just can't help but check for anything new here 5 times a day @Pabloc  :amane: , so I guess I have to ask. How's it going? :conspiracy:

Things don't progress that quickly, it's probably going the same as it was before. Calm down, buddy!

@garine No worries, feel free to use whatever emotes you like. ^^

But yeah, this isn't something that's going fast enough to check it once a week (not to mention 5 times a day XD ). Especially not in this season, when I'm spending weekdays in my job and weekends in my garden. :P
I'll post an update as soon as I finish Ageha's route (possibly this month...?).

• 1 month later...

@garine@Ronnie21093

Ageha's route is finally translated (or yeah, I was supposed to post an update about it... well, here it is :P). Currently it's being edited. I haven't started going over Amane's route yet (I need a break after fixing that Ageha-route-trainwreck), but I probably won't be able to finish it this year.
As for the partial patch, we didn't want to deal with testing, QC and all technical stuff multiple times, so we decided to only release the whole thing.