Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

8 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

This retranslation patch doesn't exist yet, so unfortunately your ideal case isn't an option. The Ageha route is definitely the worst of what happened, since they basically rewrote the story at the same time as writing a ton of Engrish, and at times it is literally impossible to understand. But even outside of Ageha's route, the translation is pretty Engrishy at times, though definitely not always.

There is an "H scene restoration patch" out somewhere, which just restores those particular scenes to the Steam game but doesn't try to address any of the various other problems with the translation. It also has some weird bugs (for instance, there will probably be a duck in your H scene; no, I'm not kidding).

I played the game without any patch. In spite of all the problems, I really enjoyed it. Fan translation projects in general have very unreliable time tables, so it's hard for me to recommend someone to wait on one, especially when the game is still enjoyable as is.

There's also the fact that fan TLs don't always get completed. It's better to adopt the mindset that all fan TLs won't be completed so you're not disappointed in the long run.

11 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

This retranslation patch doesn't exist yet, so unfortunately your ideal case isn't an option. The Ageha route is definitely the worst of what happened, since they basically rewrote the story at the same time as writing a ton of Engrish, and at times it is literally impossible to understand. But even outside of Ageha's route, the translation is pretty Engrishy at times, though definitely not always.

There is an "H scene restoration patch" out somewhere, which just restores those particular scenes to the Steam game but doesn't try to address any of the various other problems with the translation. It also has some weird bugs (for instance, there will probably be a duck in your H scene; no, I'm not kidding).

I played the game without any patch. In spite of all the problems, I really enjoyed it. Fan translation projects in general have very unreliable time tables, so it's hard for me to recommend someone to wait on one, especially when the game is still enjoyable as is.

Hmmm... I'm deciding to wait this one out and read other VN's then. It irks me to no end when translations are difficult to understand. I've tried reading VN's like that but the translations simply demotivate me to the point of not wanting reading anymore.

10 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

There's also the fact that fan TLs don't always get completed. It's better to adopt the mindset that all fan TLs won't be completed so you're not disappointed in the long run.

Indeed. And this has been out for quite a while. I'm patient and willing to wait at the very least.

guys im getting this error, what should i do?

error 0x0000000000 LEG(1) legacy Init [Rio.arc.START].....

error 0xffffffffff LEG(1) Legacy Init (japanese language that says script's)

Capture.png

i installed the English version of the novel then the patches, it installed correctly as it have the rio.arc.bkp and all

i already change my system locale to Japanese and checked it twice but this error keep popping and wouldn't  even start (blackscreen)

though it still have the voice asking if we want to quit the game

thanks

The 1000th comment:
I am basically no body and it's been a while since I re-visit this place. Good to know that the project is still living like usual, and move slowly like usual.
Well, hopefully you guy can get it done before 2018  :wahaha:
Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2016 at 3:35 PM, Pabloc said:

Yup, Ageha's route is 40% translated. It's going veeeery slowly though.

Hey thanks for all your hard work, I muddled my way through kotoris route but come ageha's route I just got a headache from reading it haha.  If possible could you tell where each route approximately is in terms of completion?  The game so far is great and i cant wait for the new translation. Thanks! <3

So far, we are planning to make the patch for the original JP version (since it will small and easy to distribute). Whether we make patches for any other versions or not depends on our hacker.
Personally, I'd prefer not make any patches for Steam version - I don't feel like supporting GabeN in any way. :P

42 minutes ago, Pabloc said:

So far, we are planning to make the patch for the original JP version (since it will small and easy to distribute). Whether we make patches for any other versions or not depends on our hacker.
Personally, I'd prefer not make any patches for Steam version - I don't feel like supporting GabeN in any way. :P

Most users will have gotten the all-ages version even without Steam, I doubt they would torrent the JP version since most can't read Japanese.

Whatever works though, I currently have the Steam version and non-Steam version although both are the same anyways.  I wouldn't mind having to torrent the JP version though.

Just want to share this for a long time, for Konosora here I did choose to torrenting Japanese version because I tried restoration patch here and well, it's buggy in CG Gallery (You couldn't see some CG there, but once again it's Moenovel fault for cutting the H-Scenes and of course decreasing the CG. Sorry to said it here). And for last word, good luck with the project here.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2016 at 0:03 PM, littleshogun said:

Just want to share this for a long time, for Konosora here I did choose to torrenting Japanese version because I tried restoration patch here and well, it's buggy in CG Gallery (You couldn't see some CG there, but once again it's Moenovel fault for cutting the H-Scenes and of course decreasing the CG. Sorry to said it here). And for last word, good luck with the project here.

That's a well known issue with the partial restoration patch and it is something they mentioned already on the thread related to it.

The only issue I can see with them using the JP version is the fact it isn't really available via torrent as most torrents of it are dead unless someone is able to fix that.

Just started Ageha route, and i simply couldn't continue it. It's really bad and i wasn't understanding anything. In Kotori's route i didn't have any problem (but maybe there's mistakes there too).

I would love this patch, i doesn't have to be perfect, just need to be able to follow the story.

Where can i see the work progress. Thanks

On 23.07.2016 at 2:06 PM, Mkilbride said:

Is it as bad as the original Edelweiss patch? That thing is LEGENDARY!

I have only seen little bits from the original Edelwess patch, and yeah, it was awful. But it didn't seem like a pure gibberish, while Ageha's route definitely reaches that level quite often, so... :P

As for progress, I'm on vacation right now and I don't have my % counts at hand, but if I remember everything right, Ageha's route is somewhere around 80%.

8 hours ago, メルP said:

Fun thing is what RusAnon said about ETA in 1st post. He forgot to mention YEAR. I believe it has to be 2017! :wacko:

this thread was orginally started for the creation of kono oozora´s restoration patch, which got finished a good while ago. everything pabloc (&compagnions) does is a whole re-translation of said title, basically a new project, whilst continue using the old thread for the sake of not having to make zillions that ultimately lead to the same goal.

31 minutes ago, XReaper said:

this thread was orginally started for the creation of kono oozora´s restoration patch, which got finished a good while ago. everything pabloc (&compagnions) does is a whole re-translation of said title, basically a new project, whilst continue using the old thread for the sake of not having to make zillions that ultimately lead to the same goal.

lol, I know all that. ETA given in 1st post is exactly for that next goal - TLC that later turned into re-translation.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I just recently picked up this VN again, and apparently it has all sorts of problems, not just censorship from cutting H-scenes, which was easily solved by the restoration patch, but bad translation and some random glitches/bugs, like not being able to access my goddamn  CG gallery! Speaking of which, would that be something you guys could fix? 

I have yet to see this supposed Engrish that plagues it, maybe its because I have yet to start a route, which makes me curious, does Kotori's route suffer from this aswell? She's the only girl I'm interested in, I rather not deal with awful translation, but if it isnt that bad, then I might aswell keep reading.

Best of luck with the project!

8 hours ago, Fujimoto Takashi said:

Well, I just recently picked up this VN again, and apparently it has all sorts of problems, not just censorship from cutting H-scenes, which was easily solved by the restoration patch, but bad translation and some random glitches/bugs, like not being able to access my goddamn  CG gallery! Speaking of which, would that be something you guys could fix? 

I have yet to see this supposed Engrish that plagues it, maybe its because I have yet to start a route, which makes me curious, does Kotori's route suffer from this aswell? She's the only girl I'm interested in, I rather not deal with awful translation, but if it isnt that bad, then I might aswell keep reading.

Best of luck with the project!

The issue with the CG Gallery is caused by the restoration patch which is mentioned in the patch notes for it, the CG Gallery works fine without the restoration patch.

They plan on requiring the JP version when step 2 of the translation project is finished so you won't be able to use it on Steam or non-Steam versions (any all-ages version) of the visual novel.