Kono Oozora H-Scenes Porting Project

RusAnon

On 2/14/2016 at 6:15 AM, Gaporigo said:

That only restores the H-scenes but the translation is still MoeNovel's, meaning it is terribly bad, some awesome people in this thread are making a new patch so that you can read the VN without having a stroke trying to understand what is being said :)

Yeh I was looking for the H-scenes restoration patch and subsequent help for installation. Yep MN butchered this translation pretty damn well but can understand most of what is being said so it's a little less irritating but still if they expect people to pay for something at least put a little effort into it.

• 2 weeks later...

So I played up to the part where you choose whose swimsuit looks best a few months ago with the whole censored patch and all and wasn't getting any errors before then decided to pick it up again these  past few days only to run into the error where 0x0000039 error messages where the sprites doesn't show up anymore and no no matter how many times i re-install game+uncensored patch (with system locale to japan) I think i've reinstalled it 5-9 times now and still pops up is there a fix for this ? I'm actually using the files from [removed] for the main game and patch (I've also tried using the Patch files from the Fuwanovel website) and still same issues

9 hours ago, Pockyman1 said:

So I played up to the part where you choose whose swimsuit looks best a few months ago with the whole censored patch and all and wasn't getting any errors before then decided to pick it up again these  past few days only to run into the error where 0x0000039 error messages where the sprites doesn't show up anymore and no no matter how many times i re-install game+uncensored patch (with system locale to japan) I think i've reinstalled it 5-9 times now and still pops up is there a fix for this ? I'm actually using the files from Erogedownload for the main game and patch (I've also tried using the Patch files from the Fuwanovel website) and still same issues

Have you installed NTLEA?

10 hours ago, Pockyman1 said:

So I played up to the part where you choose whose swimsuit looks best a few months ago with the whole censored patch and all and wasn't getting any errors before then decided to pick it up again these  past few days only to run into the error where 0x0000039 error messages where the sprites doesn't show up anymore and no no matter how many times i re-install game+uncensored patch (with system locale to japan) I think i've reinstalled it 5-9 times now and still pops up is there a fix for this ? I'm actually using the files from Erogedownload for the main game and patch (I've also tried using the Patch files from the Fuwanovel website) and still same issues

Please head over to Voluntary Tech Support.  This thread is for talking about the retranslation and posting updates about the project, not troubleshooting errors with the Steam version patch.

Hey @Pabloc, is it okay if I change the name of the thread now to "Kono Oozora Retranslation Project"?  The title seems to be confusing people.

@Zenophilious I was planning to make a new thread for the Re-Translation patch, to separate it from the old Restoration patch completely. I thought I'd make it once we release the partial patch, but I later decided to skip it and just release the whole thing once it's done. I could make a new thread just for status updates, but I think this one works just fine for that purpose (mainly because I'm not posting too many updates anyway :P).

On 27/02/2016 at 7:37 AM, Pabloc said:

@Zenophilious I was planning to make a new thread for the Re-Translation patch, to separate it from the old Restoration patch completely. I thought I'd make it once we release the partial patch, but I later decided to skip it and just release the whole thing once it's done. I could make a new thread just for status updates, but I think this one works just fine for that purpose (mainly because I'm not posting too many updates anyway :P).

Also, 40+ pages threads look very awesome :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I copied all the files to the installation directory but when I run apply_diffs.bat but it says most of the files cannot be found and the others are failed to be opened (I have windows 10).

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2016 at 5:25 AM, kona said:

I copied all the files to the installation directory but when I run apply_diffs.bat but it says most of the files cannot be found and the others are failed to be opened (I have windows 10).

Try run as administrator..

So, i was gonna buy this on Steam and upon scrolling further down the first thing i saw was a "NOT RECOMMENDED" review because of the crappy translation and censorship from MoeNovel. That said i searched around and stumbled here.

If i use this patch will i be able to play the other routes without crappy translation and without the censorship? I read around a bit and it "seems" like the Ageha route is the only problem? I'd really like to play now. Buy the game patch the current translation and then read the Ageha route later after it's completed.

That said, good luck to the translators. We appreciate the effort you've done to accurately present this work in English.

3 hours ago, xaeroxiii said:

So, i was gonna buy this on Steam and upon scrolling further down the first thing i saw was a "NOT RECOMMENDED" review because of the crappy translation and censorship from MoeNovel. That said i searched around and stumbled here.

If i use this patch will i be able to play the other routes without crappy translation and without the censorship? I read around a bit and it "seems" like the Ageha route is the only problem? I'd really like to play now. Buy the game patch the current translation and then read the Ageha route later after it's completed.

That said, good luck to the translators. We appreciate the effort you've done to accurately present this work in English.

This retranslation patch doesn't exist yet, so unfortunately your ideal case isn't an option. The Ageha route is definitely the worst of what happened, since they basically rewrote the story at the same time as writing a ton of Engrish, and at times it is literally impossible to understand. But even outside of Ageha's route, the translation is pretty Engrishy at times, though definitely not always.

There is an "H scene restoration patch" out somewhere, which just restores those particular scenes to the Steam game but doesn't try to address any of the various other problems with the translation. It also has some weird bugs (for instance, there will probably be a duck in your H scene; no, I'm not kidding).

I played the game without any patch. In spite of all the problems, I really enjoyed it. Fan translation projects in general have very unreliable time tables, so it's hard for me to recommend someone to wait on one, especially when the game is still enjoyable as is.